a little confused about EVing

You have to beat a pokemon for it to "drop" EVs.
Edit: sorry didn't read. If a pokemon participates in a battle, it receives EVs, even if it's just switched in.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Also, a Pokemon with EXP Share attached to it will receive the same amount of EVs that the Pokemon that took part in the battle received, even though it didn't take any part of the battle. This is assuming, of course, that you won the battle.

But if the leading pokemon is holding Macho Brace and you fought say a Poochyena (1 atk EV normally, 2 with macho brace), the pokemon with EXP Share would only receive 1 Atk EV.

As a hugely hypothetical situation, what would happen if you had a level 99 Pokemon with 0 EVs and then got your EVs to their max before hitting level 100. What happens after you get level 100? Do your stats go up insanely or what? I am just sort of confused on how EVs affect your stats.

If you went 252/252 in atk/spd on that pokemon, when it goes to level 100, you should see +63/+63, though I've never done this it's what I'd expect to happen.

At level 100, 4 EVs mean 1 stat point, and you can accumulate up to 255 in each stat, and an absolute maximum of 510.

So, yeah, basically, if you go to lv 99 with 0 EVs, get 252 in a stat and level to 100, that stat will grow 63 points + whatever it would get from leveling up.

Edit: beaten...

Another quick question, the berries reduce your EVs by 10 right? and the vitamins increase them by 10

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If you went 252/252 in atk/spd on that pokemon, when it goes to level 100, you should see +63/+63, though I've never done this it's what I'd expect to happen.
It'd go higher if you had a boosting nature on one of the stats.

Another quick question, the berries reduce your EVs by 10 right? and the vitamins increase them by 10
Precisely.

AFAIK when you have more than 100 evs the first berry take you to 100 and then the rest of the berrys take 10 ev each
so if you have 150 evs you need 11 berrys to go back to 0

right?

i have a question concerning evs.. if you have pokerus + the new power items and you kill a poke that give 1 ep you gain:

A)6 ev (4 from the power item+ 2 from pokerus)
B) 10 ev ((4 from the power+ 1 from the poke) x2 from pokerus)

im guessing A, just asking to be sure

pd: hi im new here .. sorry for the bad english >.<

I'm pretty sure this question belongs here, so here I go-

I'm currently EV training my Gyarados and I don't see the EVs affecting it yet. Just to make sure I wasn't seeing things, I leveled it up once (with a Rare Candy) to see how much its Speed would raise without any EVs. It was +2. Then I resetted and battled enough pokemon to net me 8 Speed EVs. I then used a Rare Candy to check if it would get +4, but it still got only +2 =[. I thought the effect of EVs were noticeable after you level up, or is the effect noticeable only when you reach lvl. 100?

I'm pretty sure this question belongs here, so here I go-

I'm currently EV training my Gyarados and I don't see the EVs affecting it yet. Just to make sure I wasn't seeing things, I leveled it up once (with a Rare Candy) to see how much its Speed would raise without any EVs. It was +2. Then I resetted and battled enough pokemon to net me 8 Speed EVs. I then used a Rare Candy to check if it would get +4, but it still got only +2 =[. I thought the effect of EVs were noticeable after you level up, or is the effect noticeable only when you reach lvl. 100?
the general rule is that your stat will go up by (EV/4)*Lvl/100 rounded down
That means that even if you (somehow) maxed out EVs on a level 5 pokemon, you would only get 3 more points.

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I have a question.

If I have the macho brace+pokerus and Sp.Attack EV training against gastly how many Sp.attack EVs total doI get from 1 gastly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)