A little different, but I like it. :)

I wanted to make a team that was somewhat unpredictable and had a few surprises up it's sleeve. I wanted something different, which included using some new Pokémon in new ways. I really like what I have, but I would like some help in adding the finishing touches.

This team is not being used on Shoddy. It's actually going to be used where event moves are not banned, so event moves are allowed. Also, I don't want to use Garchomp, so don't recommend him for anything!

The goal of this team is to have a balance between offense and defence, weakening the opponent and then start the onslaught.

Take a peek:

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Timid - Trace - (4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe)
  • Hypnosis
  • Grass Knot
  • Psychic
  • Thunderbolt
Gardevoir is an excellent lead. No one really knows what she's going to do since she's most often seen as a supporter and not an offensive lead.

Her Trace ability is amazing, often countering serveral Pokémon like Gyarados and Heatran. The only time I don't get my desired results is when her Hypnosis fails, but that's a risk we all have to take. I've decided to go with Grass Knot, however I was a bit undecided between Hidden Power [Fighting/Ice]. It really depends on how well my weaknesses are covered on the team

Role: Assassin - To eliminate or disable the opponent's lead. Later to come back and eliminate/disable the opponent's Pokémon one by one.

Lucario @ Choice Specs
Modest - Steadfast - (4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe)
  • Vacuum Wave
  • Hidden Power [Ice]
  • Dark Pulse
  • Aura Sphere
I'm determined to have Lucario on this team. I've never made a team that was able to use Lucario's potential, but I think he'll fit nicely here. I like the threatening potential of SpecsLuke, but I've also been considering SDLuke since a big portion of the overall team seems to rely on special attacks (and to help me against Blissey). Lucario helps to finish off any Pokémon who are trying to survive.

Role: Bounty Hunter - Picks off weakened Pokémon and helps to break down the opponent's defenses.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Impish - Sand Veil - (252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk)
  • Roost
  • Stealth Rock
  • Ice Fang
  • Earthquake
I think Gliscor is a funny-looking Pokémon. Anyways, the little vampire provides probably the best physical defence who's useful resistances greatly benefits the team. He also helps set up Stealth Rock, mostly for those who think they'll escape from Toxic Spikes. He pretty much essential to provide a good defence against those (for example, Heracross) that would like to use Toxic Spikes for their benefit.

Role: Physical Tank - Helps to wall many popular physical attackers, specifically ones who will try to take advantage of the situation. Also launches Stealth Rock to repel airborne threats.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Timid - Natural Cure - (252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpA)
  • Rest
  • Toxic Spikes
  • Hidden Power [Fire]
  • Leaf Storm
This Roserade is designed to take advantage of opportunities to quickly set up Toxic Spikes. Her speed actually helps a lot, and with Rest and Natural Cure she has the ability to stick around. She also will destroy Rapid Spinners as the try to come in and spin her spikes away. I chose Black Sludge for some item variety. She also can absorb enemy Toxic Spikes.

Role: Toxic Trapper - Sets the field with deadly spikes that slowly leech away life. Is armed to destroy anyone who tries to ruin her plans.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Calm - Natural Cure - (252 Def / 80 SpA / 176 SpD)
  • Protect
  • Wish
  • Toxic
  • Flamethrower
Now remember, this team isn't being used on Shoddy where event moves are banned. I actually tried to avoid using this set, but I love Blissey for her amazing special wall abilities. I never used WishBliss before, however I feel that wish support is essential here. I've considered using Vaporeon, but Vaporeon simply doesn't have the ability to handle special attacks like Blissey. If you have an alternative in mind, please let me know. For now, this seems to fit perfectly.

Role: First Aid - Helps to wall special attackers. She'll poison airborne threats if possible and will help to heal her fellow teammates.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adament - Intimidate - (216 HP / 16 Atk / 176 Def / 100 Spe)
  • Dragon Dance
  • Taunt
  • Waterfall
  • Stone Edge
I needed someone who has the potential to sweep. Gyarados so far seems like the best fit, and has some very useful resistances. I used this same Gyarados before on my Rain Dance team, however Gyarados functions very well by itself. Taunt is amazing, and once he does a Dragon Dance or two, there is little that can stop him. I wasn't sure what attacking moves would be best on him. I went with Stone Edge because it has proven helpful in the past.

Role: Assaulter - Helps to weaken and disable the opponent. Takes advantage to power up and then attack in full force.

You could try Jirachi for Wish support if you're not opposed to using it. It's resistances can work quite well for your team, especially when paired with Gyarados. You can EV Jirachi defensively enough for special attacks if you're worried for them. The only problem is that it adds to your fire (Roserade) and ground (Lucario) weakness.

You may want to keep Lucario in that case, since he is quite proficient as a sweeper, and replace Roserade for something. If you really want to keep Toxic Spikes (I don't blame you, if you do), then Lucario would have to go, sadly. This is all just for using Jirachi, of course, and unnecessary if you don't want to use it. Hope I was able to provide you with some feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)