A sandstorm team

Hello Smogon. I would like you to rate my sandstorm team,and I believe it is rather good. I hope this shows you what a good sandstorm team is like, but I would like any offer to help!

The Lead
-----------------
Skarmory@Leftovers
-Spikes
-Roost
-Whirlwind
-Drill Peck
Nature:Impish
236hp,252def,20spe

Skarmory may seem like a terrible lead for a sandstorm team, as it is basically taunt bait. However, Skarmory has the advantage of being very bulky on the physical side, and is one of the few leads that can defeat Machamp. Skarmory sets up Spikes, and if it can get 3 layers up all Pokemon that don't have Levitate or are a flying type, lose 25% of their health! This helps my offensive Pokemon sweep, as they only have to do 75% damage1 Skarmory can also serve as a physical wall later in the game if it survives, and it is immune to sandstorm!

The Offensive Core
How many people have read the smog issue #10? Well if you have, you may have noticed the article about offensive cores. I saw one offensive core that contained Tyranitar,Gengar,and Magnezone. Since Tyranitar serves as a streamer, I thought I might want this core! I wasn't sure if it was designed for a sandstorm team, but I made it designed for one!

Gengar@Life Orb
-------------------
-Substitute
-Pain Split
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
Nature:Timid
4def,252sp.atk,252spe

Tyranitar@Choice Band
------------------------
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Aqua Tail
Nature:Adamant
160hp,252atk.96spe

Magnezone@Leftovers
----------------------
-Thunderbolt
-HP Fire
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave
Nature:Modest
172hp,252sp.atk,84spe

I call these guys the terrible trio, as they are all monstrously powerful. Gengar may seem like a weird choice for a sandstorm team, but in actuality Gengar's secret to success is all the damage. Gengar uses this to abuse Substitute+Pain Split to defeat Bulky Waters with high HP that give the team trouble. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast is also unresisted. Unfortunately,Gengar is sometimes walled by Blissey, which is where the next member comes in..... Tyranitar! Tyranitar aids Gengar by removing Blissey from play and sometimes Starmie! Tyranitar also provides Sandstorm to the team. Tyranitar also helps out Magnezone, as it easily defeats Rhyperior VIA Aqua Tail. Pursuit is Tyranitar's feared move, and helps out by not letting Blissey escape(as there's a good chance for Pursuit to OHKO a fleeing Blissey)! The Last member is Magnezone, which removes any unfortunate steel types that try to wall this combo. Magnezone is immune to sandstorm, and uses it to snag some KO's. Magnezone has a fantastic 394 sp.atk and like Gengar, can murder Bulky Waters with it's STAB Thunderbolt. It easily defeats Skarmory, which is a huge pain against sandstorm teams! It also has HP Fire to defeat Bronzong, and Scizor(especially Scizor which is a pain for Tyranitar). Magnezone also opens Tyranitar's door to sweeping by utilizing Thunder Wave to stop fast threats in their tracks!
_________________________________________________________________________________

The Tank
-----------------
Swampert@Leftovers
-Curse
-Rest
-Sleep talk
-Waterfall
Nature:Careful
252hp,172def,84spd

Have you ever seen Crocune? Probably. If you have, this guy looks a lot like it. Swampert is immune to sandstorm, and uses Curse to turn it into a wall and a sweeper. Swampert can defeat DD-Dragonite after a lot of curses which is a pain to the team, and sometimes even DD-Gyarados. Swampert is a bulky water, but is also the only Bulky Water immune to sandstorm! Swampert couynters many Pokemon, that would take hours to explain and is a real Staple on the team!

The Revenger
----------------
Flygon@Choice Scarf
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch
-U-turn
Nature:Adamant
4hp,252atk,252spe

Flygon is a great asset to this team, and is really a top-tier Pokemon! With it's amazing STAB coverage, it can revenge kill most Pokemon that threaten the team. Such as; DD-Dragonite,Rock Polish Rhyperior,Agility Metagross, and DD-Gyarados. It also has U-turn if the opponent sends out a Flygon counter. Flygon also can take ground attacks that threaten Magnezone! Flygon, also is immune to sandstorm, and has it's dragon versatility!

One thing, since you bunched up Gengar, Tyranitar, and magnezone, noone can give you a proper rate. Put them in separate Paragraphs, then you may get some rates. Until then, nothing.

pictures are pretty and help to get your team rated... i hate looking at just boring words i suggest lots of pictures because they help get actually important posts

I'll fix the tyranitar,magnezone, gengar thing. By the way, My posting rules say I can't add attachments, so I can't add the pictures:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)