A serious Ou team (NON WEATHER)

TEAM PREVIEW

Introduction

Hey it's Cosbykid with another OU team here and I like this one. It's probably the first team that I ever actualy sat down and thought about. I really like how this team has synergy like how they work together as a team and there friends on the team such as:

AND

They cover eachothers weaknesses perfectly and they are good OU pokemon imo.

This team did very nice on PO they generally win about 4/5. BUT in every team I make I always have trouble with sun teams especially Venasaur :(. This team is no different Milotic is completley stopped in the sun. So lets get this started :). I would prefer not to use Rotom Forms but I do have an AR so try not to suggest them it's just that my AR falls out very easily which can cause a DC so try not to suggest them unless absolutley nessecary.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

I like to keep it oldschool with suicide leads because they ALWAYS work. This guy has never failed to get up SR for me and he will always prevent the other lead from getting up their rocks/spikes. He is jolly max speed so nothing is going to outspeed him anytime soon. He has a decent attack stat. The ONLY time he fails is when i mispredict on a politoed and get burned on scald. He loves Espeons a lot. Generally, on the espeon switch it gets NAILED by Stone edge and then is Ko'd the next turn and I can safley set up my rocks. People usualy know that Aero is going to taunt so usualy I dont even do it and they overpredict. I just love Aero even though it is SOOO predictable and people always know I'm going to lead with it.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Bulky D-nite is AWESOME it usualy gets up atleast 2 Dragon Dance which skyrockets it attack stat to: 710 and speed to: 482. With the sacrifice of some attack EVs i have added Max HP to be the ultimate bulky sweeper. Sometimes I get into stall wars with roost and another Pokemon using its attack until I get up my multiscale and can DD up again. If D-nite gets to +3 its GG. Roost so I can heal up to get my multiscale boost. Fire punch for Feerothorn/Grass types. Dragon claw for STAB and just a pure powerful move.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

THIS SET IS SOOO UNDERATED!! I can't believe that I don't see this set everywhere. Theres one problem though. Krookodile is the ULTIMATE counter to this set but I have only seen ONE krookodile in OU in all of my matches. Otherwise max hp so she can take 2 seismic tosses and calm mind up. The only problem is that Evilote Chansey Stops this set in its tracks. It can take +6 psychics but bliss does not take them as well as its inferior blissey. Some people quickly learn to NEVER let Jirachi set up. Flash cannon is also an option over Thunderbolt but the you are completley stopped by Bronzong and Heatran which are WAY more common than krookodile.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band

Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- U-turn

Choice band Scizor is very nice. The main move on the set is bullet punch which can wreck house if not prepared. I have the 248 Hp HP investment for half decent bulk ;). 8 Spd Evs to out speed other Scizors if it ever came down to it. Bug Bite for a STAB technician boost. U-turn for scouting purposes and of course max attack. Milotic is his best friendbecause Miltoic takes fire hits aimed at scizor like a champ and scizor takes grass hits like a champ. Jolten take her electric hits. Superpower is to absoltley OBLITERATE some unexpecting steel type such as ferrothorn but it lowers stats which sucks.

Milotic (M) @ Flame Orb

Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Toxic
- Scald
- Ice Beam

FLAME ORB ON MILOTIC??? OF COURSE!! Flameorb activates marvel scale which makes it an amazing wall bot physical and special. I have never seen it before so I tested it out and it works really well. with a burn Milotic's Defence skyrockets to 320 which is combined with a 394 HP stat to tank hits like a beast. The number one con is that it dosent get that LO boost which is a bother but oh well. Recover is used to of course revover Hp. Toxic to badly poison big time walls like Dusknoir or maybe shorten a sweep. Scald to burn physical attackers and ice beam to hit those pesky dragons. bold nature to get a little extra physical bulk. And maximum special defence well not quite max but you know what I mean :P.

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Jolteon is one of my favorite Pokemon ever! Choice scarf jolteon is VERY FAST and does not need to be timid so I have it at Modest which brings sp att to 350. I mostly use Jolteon to scout with volt switch and when the opponent has a ground type that I saw on team preview I blast it with HP Ice which is a surprise when the opponent was expecting an electric move. With a little prediction and some luck jolteon will always 2hko an incoming ground type and the after that proceed to scout with volt switch. Tunderbolt for STAB and a go-to move. HP ice to knock those pesky Gliscors out of the sky and shadow ball for Gengars and stuff like that. Volt Switch to scout/revenge kill.

Thanks in advance for the rate. Please don't give me a grammar lesson i don't care if I made a typo or use the wrong 'there their they're" Just RMT. Thanks, Cosbykid

I only really hate the Yellow Font, the others I don't mind as much. But onto rating, instead of Flame Orb Milotic, you should try a RestTalk set, since it gives you the Marvel Scale boost you want, and you get Leftovers. Here's the set:

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Dragon Tail / Toxic
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD

On your Scizor, you should put Pursuit/Quick Attack over Bug Bite, since you already have U-Turn. As for Jolteon, you should replace Choice Scarf with Specs, and the Nature from Modest to Timid.

Instead of Fire Punch on Dragonite, go with the EQ. Lets you hit bulky steels, and is an all around better move than Fire Punch for your kind of Dragonite. Also, just a suggestion, but do you think a Specially Defensive Scizor would be better ? Such as

Scizor @ Choice Band
200 Hp (or more) / 56 Atk / 252 SpD

Maybe ? I liked it when I tried it, walled off some of the Special Sweepers I had problems with (Chandelure, Rotom H, Charizard, etc.)

Besides that, great looking team !

Instead of Fire Punch on Dragonite, go with the EQ. Lets you hit bulky steels, and is an all around better move than Fire Punch for your kind of Dragonite. Also, just a suggestion, but do you think a Specially Defensive Scizor would be better ? Such as

Scizor @ Choice Band

Maybe ? I liked it when I tried it, walled off some of the Special Sweepers I had problems with (Chandelure, Rotom H, Charizard, etc.)

Fire punch is absolutley necesary! Its for taking ferrothorn and bronzong out with no problem.Heatran does wall this set though but most people do not expect a fire punch and send out ferrothorn to walll.

Scizor @ Choice Band

Seeing as ferrothorn is on 99% of teams fire punch is a must.

Heatran is hardly seen anymore.

Scizor @ Choice Band

^this is foolish. don't listen to him.
FP is the way to go.

Walled off fire type attackers? Really? Specs Charizard Ember has a 79.48% chance to KO

Heatran is hardly seen anymore.
| 10 | Dragonite | 78316 | 12.9028 |
| 11 | Heatran | 77828 | 12.8224 |
| 12 | Jirachi | 76177 | 12.5504 |
Umm... What?

Anyway, your team doesn't really have any answer to Excadrill, who can easily sweep at +2. My suggestion would be to replace Aerodactyl with...

name: Bronzong
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Gyro Ball
move 3: Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Earthquake
item: Leftovers
ability: Levitate
nature: Sassy
evs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
ivs: 2 Spe

This allows you to reliably set up rocks as well as checking a whole host of threats, including Landorus, who I can see your team having issues with too. I'd also suggest trying Flash Cannon over Psychic on Jirachi, because otherwise, you're going to have trouble muscling your way past Tyranitar.

Walled off fire type attackers? Really? Specs Charizard Ember has a 79.48% chance to KO

Umm... What?

Anyway, your team doesn't really have any answer to Excadrill, who can easily sweep at +2. My suggestion would be to replace Aerodactyl with...

name: Bronzong
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Gyro Ball
move 3: Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Earthquake
item: Leftovers
ability: Levitate
nature: Sassy
evs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
ivs: 2 Spe

This allows you to reliably set up rocks as well as checking a whole host of threats, including Landorus, who I can see your team having issues with too. I'd also suggest trying Flash Cannon over Psychic on Jirachi, because otherwise, you're going to have trouble muscling your way past Tyranitar.
Wow thanks for the deep rate! :) But I have one issue. I like to use aerodactyl because he prevents other leads from setting up their hazards so Dragonite can have his Multiscale boost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)