A UU War Story With Two Pink...

I've gotten more into UU now; cool, I sound just like tons of people on Smogon! Wait...that's not the point. OK, this is a war story. That's the main point. Anyway, I just kind of stay in the UU unrated section on Shoddy, challenging some random people. I had played faarseer before, but I said what the heck. It had been a little while (maybe a day ;)). I don't really like those standard sets that there are (say, here on Smogon) so I try to be different. I have a feeling many others do, too.

I removed the typical things (to be removed). I also listed the amount of health they have at the end of each turn an attack was given.

My team (in order of appearance):

His team (in order of appearance):

Yes, I use lots of "screwy" colors.
Regular bold text is for the battle log.
Bolded red text is for anything about me (sceptileg).
Bolded italicized red text is for when one of my Pokemon gets KOed.
Bolded blue text is for anything about my opponent (faarseer).
Bolded italicized red text is for when one of my opponent's Pokemon gets KOed.
Italicized green text is my comments on the battle.
The score will be underlined and be listed as Me-faarseer.
Regular text is for anything else.

Rules: Evasion Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Timed Battle

sceptileg sent out Jumpluff (lvl 100 Jumpluff ?).
faarseer sent out Scyther (lvl 100 Scyther ?).
faarseer switched in Banette (lvl 100 Banette ?).
Jumpluff used Sleep Powder.

Alright, I'm a hypocrite. Leading with Jumpluff is real common, and its moveset is the same (real common). I have fixed that now, though, and I won't say what I changed it to. I knew I was faster than Scyther 'cause I was running max speed (and am naturally a little faster), so I decided to simply sleep it because of Aerial Ace being so threatening. Obviously...it didn't work.

Jumpluff used U-turn.
Banette lost 7% of its health.
sceptileg switched in Clefable (lvl 100 Clefable ?).
Banette used Thunder Wave.
Clefable is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

I had faced Banettes before, and knew that they try to annoy with stupid status problems. Ironically, I wasn't thinking about absorbing Will-O-Wisp with Magic Guard, but rather trying to Encore one of those moves.

Banette: 93%
Jumpluff: 100%
Clefable: 100% and paralyzed

Banette used Taunt.
Clefable fell for the taunt!
Clefable used Encore.
Clefable can't use Encore after the taunt!

Didn't see that coming, since you never really see it on Banette. It got me a little annoyed, but I hadn't let him see just how hard that made things for me.

Banette used Knock Off.
Clefable lost 5% of its health.
Banette knocked off foe Clefable's Leftovers!
Clefable used Flamethrower.
Banette lost 31% of its health.
Banette was burned!
Banette was hurt by its burn!
Banette lost 12% of its health.

Well, I suppose some hax is nice. It most certainly helps. I didn't think much of Clefable losing its Leftovers at the moment, though if they hadn't, I would've been in a much nicer situation at the end.

Banette: 50%
Clefable: 95% and paralyzed

NOTE: Banette's burn damage will be removed from here on out.

faarseer switched in Scyther (lvl 100 Scyther ?).
Scyther lost 55% of its health.

It certainly seemed to me that he hadn't discovered that Flamethrower was Clefable's only attack. I was a bit frightened of the incoming attack, since Clefable withers attacks on the special side more.

Scyther: 45%

Scyther used Substitute.
Scyther lost 25% of its health.
Scyther made a substitute!
The substitute took damage for Scyther!
Scyther's substitute faded!
Scyther's Liechi Berry raised its attack!

That was most certainly the last thing I expected. I was expecting what would likely be a CB Aerial Ace, assuming it had Technician. Now that I actually realize what happened, I figure it had Swarm since it relied on Subbing to activate Swarm and the Liechi Berry. Since I still thought it had Technician, I was expecting an Aerial Ace and OHKO.

Scyther: 20%

Scyther used X-Scissor.
Clefable lost 70% of its health.
Scyther lost 56% of its health.
faarseer's Scyther fainted.
Clefable's taunt wore off!

Whoa. Clefable's much sturdier than I thought. I knew I would've had problems if I switched, since Scyther probably would've been able to at least 2HKO anything I switched to. Now I am not as sure, seeing what Sandslash has been able to do in other battles. I didn't think about Taunt wearing off as much, though it saved my ass more than likely.

Scyther: -36%
Clefable: 25% and paralyzed

6-5, Me

faarseer switched in Minun (lvl 100 Minun ?).
Minun used Thunderbolt.
Clefable lost 22% of its health.
Clefable used Encore.
Minun got an encore!

Alright. That works well, since I can get Sandslash in for free to set up SR. I wasn't expecting Thunderbolt, anyway, but rather a Nasty Plot.

Minun: 100%
Clefable: 3% and paralyzed

sceptileg switched in Sandslash (lvl 100 Sandslash ?).
Minun used Thunderbolt.
It doesn't affect Sandslash...

faarseer switched in Leafeon (lvl 100 Leafeon ?).
Sandslash used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!

Good. I got SR up, but I wasn't sure what to think of Leafeon. I knew it had monstrous attack, but then, Sandslash has some great defense for a UU non-Steel-type.

NOTE: I will hide all damage SR causes.

sceptileg switched in Jumpluff (lvl 100 Jumpluff ?).
Leafeon used Swords Dance.
Leafeon's attack was sharply raised.

Hmm...That, obviously enough, could cause problems. I knew the safest thing to do would be Sleep Powder and pray that 25% doesn't get me, so I simply went with that even though he already had Banette.

faarseer switched in Banette (lvl 100 Banette ?).
Jumpluff used Sleep Powder.
But it failed!

Sigh...not the best possible outcome, but at least Banette's almost dead. I'll try and speed up that happening.

Jumpluff used Leech Seed.
Jumpluff's attack missed!
Banette used Destiny Bond.
Banette is trying to take its foe with it!

I'm thinking that he's got one seriously weird Banette by now. Leech Seed missing was a prayer answered with Destiny Bond, since it would've KOed the next turn.

Jumpluff used U-turn.
A critical hit!
Banette lost 14% of its health.
faarseer's Banette fainted.
Banette took Jumpluff with it!
sceptileg's Jumpluff fainted.

...I guess that's what happens when you have a move miss. You get the unwanted CH. I figured he would probably Destiny Bond again, and since my Clefable had only 3% of its health left, I was going to sacrifice it. I think that CH might have made a big change in the outcome of this match.

Banette: -2%
Jumpluff: 0%
Clefable: 3% and paralyzed

5-4, Me

sceptileg switched in Sandslash (lvl 100 Sandslash ?).
Minun used Nasty Plot.
Minun's special attack was sharply raised.

I've been avoiding it before, but it is incredibly obvious that I'm getting completely outplayed now. I'll admit that. He's made all the better predictions, and I assume the simple Thunderbolt to finish off a crippled Pokemon. I guess wrong, and it could cause a sweep for him. I was, by all means, expecting the HP Ice/Grass.

Minun used Baton Pass.
faarseer switched in Glaceon (lvl 100 Glaceon ?).
Sandslash used Earthquake.
Glaceon lost 28% of its health.
Glaceon's leftovers restored its health a little!
Glaceon restored 6% of its health.

I suppose that's a pretty typical move to expect given the fact that it was indeed Minun, and that Glaceon has great special attack and very solid defense. SR really helped there, though.

Glaceon: 53%
Sandslash: 100%

NOTE: Glaceon's Leftovers will be removed from here on out.

Sandslash used Earthquake.
Glaceon lost 28% of its health.
Glaceon used Ice Beam.
Sandslash lost 274% of its health.
sceptileg's Sandslash fainted.

I knew Sandslash would get its ass kicked to the curb here, but no one on my team can really eat Ice attacks well. Sandslash actually going first was a surprise to me since I wasn't going to bother looking up the speed of something that was going to annihilate me. Now that I think about it, it seems that was a very important hit.

Glaceon: 31%
Sandslash: -174%

4-4, Tie

sceptileg switched in Toxicroak (lvl 100 Toxicroak ?).
Toxicroak used Brick Break.
Glaceon lost 53% of its health.
faarseer's Glaceon fainted.

Good-bye, incredibly threatening Pokemon. Thank for being so incredibly slow so Sandslash could EQ you twice and Toxicroak could finish you off.

Glaceon: -22%
Toxicroak: 100%

4-3, Me

faarseer switched in Leafeon (lvl 100 Leafeon ?).
Toxicroak used Swords Dance.
Toxicroak's attack was sharply raised.
Leafeon used Aerial Ace.
Toxicroak lost 44% of its health.
Toxicroak's leftovers restored its health a little!
Toxicroak restored 6% of its health.
Leafeon's leftovers restored its health a little!
Leafeon restored 6% of its health.

I was thinking he wasn't gonna SD and kill me since I was faster, and no Leaf Blade could get past being NVE. So I SDed and let Toxicroak take some hits. You may be wondering why my Toxicroak has Lefties and SD; it's because it's a little thing I call "Dancicroak." You should be able to figure it out if you look at Toxicroak's movepool. And use your brain.

Leafeon: 94%
Toxicroak: 62%

NOTE: Toxicroak and Leafeon's Leftovers will be removed from here on out.

Leafeon lost 54% of its health.
Leafeon used Aerial Ace.
Toxicroak lost 51% of its health.

Hmm. It would seem if he had SDed I would likely have been OHKOed while I only hit him for about 50%. I don't think I really outplayed him there; he just made a mistake and went right at me, not realizing I had Leftovers.

Leafeon: 46%
Toxicroak: 17%

Leafeon lost 52% of its health.
faarseer's Leafeon fainted.

Once again, another huge threat eliminated. Toxicroak was severely weakened there, though, and probably wouldn't be able to do much else, if anything at all.

Leafeon: -6%
Toxicroak: 23%

4-2, Me

Minun used Thunderbolt.
Toxicroak lost 42% of its health.
sceptileg's Toxicroak fainted.

He knew that time that I was very dangerous armed with a SD, and that I couldn't run to Sandslash. He grabbed the opportunity and eliminated one of my key players.

Minun: 76%
Toxicroak: -19%

3-2, Me

sceptileg switched in Ampharos (lvl 100 Ampharos ?).
Minun used Nasty Plot.
Ampharos used Hidden Power.
Minun lost 27% of its health.

Minun: 49%
Ampharos: 100%

Minun used Nasty Plot.
Ampharos used Discharge.
Minun lost 25% of its health.
Minun's Salac Berry raised its speed!

It was HP Ice, and I began to be a little paranoid about him switching to something Ice-resistant. Discharge's 30% paralysis rate could've helped a whole lot, too, since I wouldn't have to weather a +4 Thunderbolt. I found it rather funny that Discharge did nearly the same amount of damage as Hidden Power.

Minun: 24%
Ampharos: 100%

Minun used Thunderbolt.
Ampharos lost 37% of its health.
Ampharos used Discharge.
Minun lost 27% of its health.
faarseer's Minun fainted.

Wow, that goes to show just how insanely horrible Minun is. It can Nasty Plot twice, and barely scratch something with a STAB 95 BP move.

Minun: -3%
Ampharos: 63%

3-1, Me

faarseer switched in Clefable (lvl 100 Clefable ?).
Clefable used Protect.
Clefable protected itself!
Ampharos used Heal Bell.
Clefable was badly poisoned!

This was kind of pointless, but it did make it so that my Clefable was no longer paralyzed. That wouldn't have been able to make a difference, since I invested all my EVs (on Clefable) in the defensive stats while he would have had some in speed.

Clefable used Facade.
Ampharos lost 45% of its health.
Ampharos used Discharge.
Clefable lost 44% of its health.

Clefable: 56%
Ampharos: 18%

Clefable used Facade.
Ampharos lost 49% of its health.
sceptileg's Ampharos fainted.

Well...that's certainly not good. No residual damage, a big part of what my team does, and certainly the hardest hitter I had left. I am very frightened right now, leaving it in the hopes of my next unseen Pokemon. I'm sure he was crawling right now, as it could've been something as threatening as an Altaria or Swellow.

Clefable: 56%
Ampharos: -31%

2-1, Me

sceptileg switched in Xatu (lvl 100 Xatu ?).
Xatu used Psychic.
Clefable lost 37% of its health.
Clefable used Softboiled.
Clefable restored 50% of its health.
Xatu was burned!

I bet he either laughed or breathed a sigh of relief when he saw my Xatu. Clefable screws up its entire plan, which is to burn the foe. I knew none of my typical Xatu strategies would work, so I just had to go with a decent attack. That damn Softboiled screwed over pretty much everything, though.

Clefable: 69%
Xatu: 100%

NOTE: Xatu's burn will be removed from here on out.

Xatu used Psychic.
Clefable lost 36% of its health.
Clefable used Facade.
Xatu lost 74% of its health.

That was actually better than I expected. Xatu's so frail I thought it would take a Facade and roll over.

Clefable: 33%
Xatu: 14%

Clefable used Protect.
Xatu used Psychic.

That made me annoyed. The question running through my head was if he would attempt to Protect again to try to make my burn kill me. I most certainly hoped it would fail, as Psychic would've either KOed Clefable at that point, or bring it close enough.

Xatu: 2%

So, please, let me...

Clefable used Protect.
Xatu used Psychic.

sceptileg's Xatu fainted.

NO! That wasn't supposed to happen...The coin flip killed me. I look back at this wondering what difference Jumpluff could've made here. I felt shocked, having only a Clefable at 3% that was surely slower. I crept toward the mouse and brought out my own Clefable, making a feeble attempt at Flamethrower.

Xatu: -10%

1-1, Him/Tie

faarseer's Clefable used Facade.
sceptileg's Clefable lost 33% of its health.
sceptileg's Clefable fainted.

faarseer wins!

I was close, but not close enough. I look back, also wondering what difference my Clefable's Leftovers could've done. I looked back and discovered that it would have been at 20%, not enough to have survived. I can't make a good decision on what effect Jumpluff would've had if not for the CH, as my decisions and likely his would've been affected.

In essence, the battle was decided by a coin flip. I was clearly outplayed, and I think the only reason I got so close was some luck on my part. Good game, faarseer.

My Game:

Where do I begin...not so good, I suppose.

I was clearly outpredicted whenever it was possible, but still made some decent moves. It was often I simply got lucky, whether it be hax or a mistake by my opponent.

I played more conservatively in the beginning; going with the "safe" move by trying to sleep a major offensive threat. Going to a decent counter of Banette helped, too, but as the battle moved on, I grew more reckless. Using Encore on Minun wasn't a terrible idea, but judging on how odd his Banette was, I could easily see HP Fighting on it. I stayed pretty conservative with Sandslash and SR, after that. I again tried to be "safe" and sleep a big offensive threat, only to find Banette again. I tried to KO it immediately, which almost led to Jumpluff fainting. That happened anyway, but I can't say I blame myself for it. I was very reckless with the immediate Sandslash switch-in on Minun, which could have caused extreme problems, but luckily did not. I also kept Toxicroak in on Leafeon, and the only reason I wasn't swept there was because he was also reckless enough to not SD.

Clefable ate me alive without Toxicroak or Sandslash at my side, letting me know that the special end of the spectrum isn't cutting it for me. Magic Guard is truly an incredible ability, and tampers my whole game plan. This is increasingly annoying, as I see many Clefables now, while very few Hypnos. I find it possible that this is because of Wish, yet most of the Clefables I have seen have been the "Toxic Orb Abusers."

faarseer's game:

Obviously enough, he outplayed me. He made the better decisions and seemed to constantly know what I would do. Er, rather, I did what he expected me to do. He pulled off a Clefable sweep, too. One of the big points I have, though, is if his Minun did indeed have a SE Hidden Power against Sandslash, he should've used it. Glaceon's horrible speed kind of ruins that massive special attack. He also kept his cool when it was his Clefable against my Xatu, and I would've been able to KO. He also did an excellent job seizing the momentum (which I doubt I ever had).

Props and Slops:

Props:
  • My Clefable for KOing Scyther and allowing me to set up SR.
  • His Clefable for a 3-0 sweep to finish the game.
  • Minun for getting in my head, a revenge kill, and allowing Glaceon to have a kill.
  • Toxicroak for two Eeveelution KOs.
Slops:
  • Jumpluff for getting a CH at a horrible time.
  • Xatu for getting walled by Protect.
  • A little haxy.
  • Me, for not playing that well (pretty good for me, though).
Thanks for the great game, faarseer.

Incredibly unlucky at the end xD.

Great warstory IMO. You really showed what you were thinking with your comments. Keep the UU warstories coming dudes!

I can see you put a whole load of effort into this, which is very nice to see. There is nothing with the actual presentation that I can critise. However, you made a fair few mistakes ( If you fainted Banette with Leech Seed, D Bond would not work as it does not count residual damage AKA Sandstorm, Hail and Leech Seed) which made it a little less enjoyable. Good work overall though.

Although there were a few mistakes it wasn't bad. However, I personally dislike the rainbow outline as it can hurt the eyes...

Decent warstory, the battle was interesting albeit riddled with mistakes and hax.

Personally I liked the presentation, the colours weren't too interfering which is always good.

The commentary was fairly inconsistant, and in a lot of places was just reiterating what just happened in the log, instead of offering insight.

On the whole I enjoyed reading through it, and considering it's your first warstory, good job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)