A wild East Coast appeared!

Status
Not open for further replies.
felt the Earthquake in my bed...nothing but a low tremor though. Also, my facebook status:

Drilbur used Earthquake!

Damn I guess I should've went for the Swords Dance first.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I felt it, though I wasn't sure exactly what was going on until the floor stopped shaking. This is the second time I've felt one, there was one a few years ago centered in Illinois that did more to us.

And now the east coast waits for Irene...

because then we'd have a whole 'nother state of people bitching about it

i mean, really, you know at the end of this year when we're looking back and thinking on all the awful things that have happened to the world in 2011, this is not going to feature in anybody's mind

Reports from Fredericksburg VA

I was laying in bed, felt the house shake, thought it was cool to experience. Nothing bad, apparently it clocked in at 5.9 though which is moderate-strong.

I also checked my college mail, got 5 e-mails from campus advisory on what to do during an earthquake (the irony being that this is the first noticeable earthquake in this area in the 15 years I've lived here.)

On vacation in Chincoteague, VA. Didn't feel a thing, but when I got to the beach today, people were talking about how they felt little shakes. Weird.

Apparently there are going to be aftershocks for about 3 months after this, plus hurricane Irene is coming up the coast, so I think my family and I might leave a little early :/

In NJ and I didn't feel a thing, although I was practicing music in marching band inside as the earthquake hit and apparently EVERYBODY ELSE WHO HAS A LIFE felt it judging from the "facebook statii"

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Southwestern PA

Apparently everyone besides me felt it, according to Facebook. I've seen what earthquakes can do, so why do I wish that I experienced it as well?

Reporting from Nothern VA. It really felt like nothing and I personally think that everyone is over reacting way too much, judging from Facebook.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
I felt it on Long Island, but apparently I was the only person at work who did. I thought I was just overtired until I noticed the chandelier swaying and then the news reports afterwards.

Also, to all the West Coasters saying "pfft you call that an earthquake", I remember seeing a tumblr image chronicling a "snow day" where you could still see grass on the ground...

Reporting from Nothern VA. It really felt like nothing and I personally think that everyone is over reacting way too much, judging from Facebook.
This. I also live in northern VA, and I was at work when it happened, in the bathroom specifically. I thought at first some jackass was just shaking the stall walls, but then I felt the floor shaking too, and it only lasted a few seconds. I was kind of disappointed at how short it was.

My mother, who lives about an hour from my work, said it lasted nearly a minute there, though. She was so scared she grabbed the dog and hid in the bathtub. No damage there either except some small things fell off of desks and shelves...

This. I also live in northern VA, and I was at work when it happened, in the bathroom specifically. I thought at first some jackass was just shaking the stall walls, but then I felt the floor shaking too, and it only lasted a few seconds. I was kind of disappointed at how short it was.
That's what your girlfriend said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)