action replay/pokesav questions

I just have some things I want cleared up. I see many trading threads here that say that the pokemon they offer are all legit, and that they only want legit pokemon. (the thing is, the "legit" pokemon have very very nice IV's, natures, are shiny, and etc.) My question is, how can you tell if I pokesav a "perfect "pokemon and traded it to you? I can say "O yea, the original trainer is me so it has to be real and legit", and other bull but I don't think smogon people would buy it, even though most of you seem to actually DO.

Are most of you action replay users? Or for the most part, pokesav users?

this thread here made me think of posting this thread.
whats the chance of getting a gengar with high IVs that happen to give HP ice, base of 70? I honestly smell pokesav. Heck, anyone can buy action replay off ebay and download pokesav.

thanx for the help. i except flaming, but idc.

I just have some things I want cleared up. I see many trading threads here that say that the pokemon they offer are all legit, and that they only want legit pokemon. (the thing is, the "legit" pokemon have very very nice IV's, natures, are shiny, and etc.) My question is, how can you tell if I pokesav a "perfect "pokemon and traded it to you? I can say "O yea, the original trainer is me so it has to be real and legit", and other bull but I don't think smogon people would buy it, even though most of you seem to actually DO.

Are most of you action replay users? Or for the most part, pokesav users?

this thread here made me think of posting this thread. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27088
whats the chance of getting a gengar with high IVs that happen to give HP ice, base of 70? I honestly smell pokesav. Heck, anyone can buy action replay off ebay and download pokesav.

thanx for the help. i except flaming, but idc.
There are methods of getting amazing IVed pokemon, and even a guide to breeding for hidden power!
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20653

A lot of people put a ton of effort into breeding pokemon, so it's not fair to say that a pokemon is hacked simply because it is great. Also, legends cannot be hacked to look legitamate unless you are lucky enough to know the algorithm that calculates the PID.

Sometimes people may just be lucky, also. Without any hacking involved, I caught a 25/8/26/31/31/27 HP Ice 68 Heatran in less than two hours, and I dislike people accusing me of cheating.

Most people here probably do all offer legit pokemon. Instead of accusing them of hacking, you should respect the time that they commited to breeding/soft resetting.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It's all based on the honor system if everything does look legit. But seriously why would you trade a hacked pokemon for a legit one when you could just hack it yourself? I never understood why people do this.. if you can hack a pokemon to look legit where is the need for a true legit pokemon?

Some people really do just get lucky with this stuff so I wouldn't be too skeptical.

Most people here probably do all offer legit pokemon. Instead of accusing them of hacking, you should respect the time that they commited to breeding/soft resetting.
O no. Don't think that I don't respect the people who do commit their life to breeding/soft resetting. I respect them more than my parents in all honesty.

You're right. Sometimes people do get lucky. I once got lucky finding an adamant gible in wayward cave. But how lucky can you get to find a 31/30/30/31/31/31 pokemon with the perfect HP and nature? The way you present your 25/8/26/31/31/27 HP Ice 68 Heatran makes it kinda seem legit. The way how the IVs arent perfect and that the HP isnt 70. Sure i might be able to believe that. Even though i can get a better IVed Heatran with another OT name and say that i traded through a friend when i secretly used pokesav.

If i were to ask everyone on this site if they use pokesav, chances are, all or if not most of you that do will say that you don't do such a disgusting form of cheating/hacking. I happen to have 450:36 hours on my diamond game. I could easily use pokesav to change that to 1006:15 hours and say that I'm a pokemon addict and that all my pokes are real.

I just think that all the time spent alone with my game was all wasted until i got action replay. Which gets me a bit irritated because I know that I'm just like some/most of you. Game Shark/Action Replay makes everything easier and that most of you aren't brave enough to tell the truth.

well pretty much there's an honor system to tell people if the pokemon you got were somehow unjustly obtained, and the moderators of the trading board have means of screening pokemon for legitimacy, I don't see why you're so adamant to call us all AR users, though. I've had my nearly perfect Trick Room ditto questioned as to its legitimacy before, and I really don't care except when they impede on my integrity. The main point is, if a pokemon doesn't look legit, just use your better judgment and be wary when trading, or flat out ask if the trader used some less than legit means of getting the pokemon (6 31's Parents? very fishy)

In all seriousness though, it makes no sense for a person to trade a hacked pokemon that looks legit for a legit pokemon when you could hack pokemon to do exactly that. It's not like we all get our jollies from screwing over people. At most, all the other person loses is maybe 15 minutes cloning. Now I'm off to go beat up little kids with my wonderguard spiritomb, seeyah. *(sarcasm)

This thread makes it seem like you're testing the waters, to be honest. And it should not take you 1006 hours to breed good stuff if you read breeding guides, the 450 hours you've put in already is quite a lot for someone who uses AR.

Just use common sense when browsing trade threads. 15 posts and joined last week with multiple 31/30/31/31/31/31 pokes? Yeah, probably not a good idea to trade with him.

In all seriousness though, it makes no sense for a person to trade a hacked pokemon that looks legit for a legit pokemon when you could hack pokemon to do exactly that. It's not like we all get our jollies from screwing over people. At most, all the other person loses is maybe 15 minutes cloning. Now I'm off to go beat up little kids with my wonderguard spiritomb, seeyah. *(sarcasm)
I honestly could care less about a wonderguard spiritomb. (i know it was sarcasm on your part). On pokemon battle revolution, they would most likely turn into bad eggs. but near maxed IVed pokes wont. It's like a fair way of cheating.

Carl just said the same thing too about the whole "Why trade when you can hack them yourself." I'm beaten there...but maybe it's a show-off thing? Maybe they like to feel superior to themselves haha because no one will ever question them anwayz about them. This is what i usually see on the boards here. No offense honestly to anyone.

"O look. I'm so cool, look at these ridiculous pokes I have for trade. But since they're all legit, I want ONLY legit pokes too. You know, the ridiculous amazing pokes that are supposedly legit even when there's no way to tell if it's legit or not. Btw look at this shiny legit Ttar i have. Isn't it pefect? I have 10 in stock but show me your ridiculous offers, ta-ta."

And would you use a breeding guide when you have ways of cheating? no. people are smart enough to save time. a lot of time. so much time that you can do a lot more with your life. 2nd best thing to do is to hack some perfect IVed dittos and breed LEGIT pokemon off of them. I realized that this thread does seem like a "Hating on a Playa" thing. But i am hating people who go to local tournaments like Gamestop...using shiny pokes with outstanding, ridiculous IVs, kicking everyone's a$$es ez, blabbering how good they are, stealing the prize from people who play the game without cheating. (this is of course, if they did use means of cheating but I'm almost 100% positive that the 2 people from the tourny at gamestop on june 21st was it...who said they were from smogon did use pokesav.)

Where is the honor system in that? I sometimes just wish that cheating could be easily caught but noooo. Detecting hacked pokes is almost impossible.

btw Raikou, th 450 hours i spent was ->before<- i used action replay/pokesav. now i have nearly 459 hours not that it really matters from use of action replay. I used to do the painstaking way of training my pokes to 100 by beating the elite 4 hundreds, many thousands of times. and dont worry, im not going to trade here or anywhere so cheer up.

Actually, I've caught several people red handed for trading me hacked pokes. There are definately ways to tell if you have the right hardware, so good luck with that. I don't know about Gamestop, but official tournaments where money is at stake do check for cheating.

Did you ever consider that really good IV'd stuff is easily possible when you have a pool of hundreds of breeders putting out their best? Just simple statistics, try it.

Personaly I resent this. For real though, get my thread out of your post. There was pretty much no reason for you to do this. I do not own an AR and can show you the breeding line it took to get that Gastly. So, to quote Venom, stop playa hating.

Seriously, get my thread out of your OP.

EDIT- alright, after actually reading this thread I've realized that I should probably mention that I have personally been scammed before. I'm not using this as justification to prove to you that my pokemon is legit, because I personally don't care about what you have to think about my pokemon. In general however, your argument is solid. Unless something is blatanty hacked, I've also always wondered how one is able to check a pokemon. And to respond to your earlier thoughts on IV chaining, consider this. I spent at least a week breeding that Gastly, but certainly not 450 hours, as I used the methods advertised before complaining.

okay i will take your thread out of my post. I only put yours in because it was the 1st thing I saw on the front page of 'Stark Mountain'. I'm not accusing you of having your ghastly hacked or anything. I could have said it to anyone but it helped me make my point. I know these methods. I'm just saying what if people don't care about using methods and use pokesav? And say that they did use the methods.

Raikou, if you can tell me ways of checking if pokemon were hacked, please do so. I would appreciate it so much. Then there would be no need for this thread. I actually never thought of farming in pokemon like WoW but it does seem possible. I suppose.

http://pokeguide.filb.de
That's loadingNOWs page BTW (pika = loadingNOW) so you can really trust the information of the page, hes an expert at researching game data.

Sadly, the Hack Detector works only with access to your game data together with pokesav which is not a possibility for everyone.
For example i dont have a way to get my data and i wouldnt really want to use pokesav anyway.

Sadly, the Hack Detector works only with access to your game data together with pokesav which is not a possibility for everyone.

So if I'm battling someone via wifi, there is no way to catch other people's hacked pokes then. Am i wrong?

So if I'm battling someone via wifi, there is no way to catch other people's hacked pokes then. Am i wrong?

The only way to "catch" someone is if their Shuckle outspeeds your Scarf Weavile, stuff like that happening. Even if you caught them, what really could you do?

You're (unfortunately) right.
When you battle or trade with someone over wifi there's no way to see if your opponents pokes are legit or not, except if they have obviously illegal Traits
or Moves, something with wonderguard, Cresselia with Wish and the Baton Pass Starters for example.

BUT at least at local tourneys it would be possible to check the
game data of the participants.

At Tournaments over wifi the participants data COULD in THEORY also be checked but
its a hundredfold more complicated than local i'd say...

What is the definition of "legit" in this context? Is "legit" spending hours and hours of breeding to create a pokemon with perfect 31's? Is that the only true "legit" pokemon?

Is a pokemon that is hacked with perfect 31's any less of a pokemon?

Yeah I can understand if the hacked pokemon has max 252EV's in each stat, or nature it can't have, or moves that are illegal. But one with legit stats?

What's the problem?

Is a hacked pokemon with legit stats and moves any less legit than one that has been created in game through chain breeding?

Give me a break. Personally I think that breeders are just people with way too much time on their hands. I would much rather spend my time actually battling and finding out what movesets actually work. That's why I assume people use netbattle/mIRC/shoddy.

Are those programs any less legit than battling on wifi?

I thinking using a cheating device is perfectly acceptable as long as you create legit pokemon.

What is the definition of "legit" in this context? Is "legit" spending hours and hours of breeding to create a pokemon with perfect 31's? Is that the only true "legit" pokemon?

Is a pokemon that is hacked with perfect 31's any less of a pokemon?

Yeah I can understand if the hacked pokemon has max 252EV's in each stat, or nature it can't have, or moves that are illegal. But one with legit stats?

What's the problem?

Is a hacked pokemon with legit stats and moves any less legit than one that has been created in game through chain breeding?

Give me a break. Personally I think that breeders are just people with way too much time on their hands. I would much rather spend my time actually battling and finding out what movesets actually work. That's why I assume people use netbattle/mIRC/shoddy.

Are those programs any less legit than battling on wifi?

I thinking using a cheating device is perfectly acceptable as long as you create legit pokemon.
Umm, lol.

I believe it all comes down to the greater good. which is ironic because you're TheGreaterEvil. haha get it? it's a joke.

Is it fair that some people try hard on their ds system alone to train pokes while others simply edit theirs in any way they want? Maybe life's not fair and that we should all deal with it. w/e

Well what I did when I wanted something bred by myself was Put on nature code and Perfect IV code and catch a male/female in the wild. Then breed them (with instant egg and quick hatch). So its still legit and unhacked, just took a quick route (though it still takes 30+ eggs usualy for something keepable). Im sure thats what he and others do also.

There are those who still consider that hacked. Go figure.

Okay, I have heard both sides of the story, Hackers hack to save time, to try to make the DS and GBA metagame like the Shoddybattle and Netbattle game. Non hackers think that the handheld metagame should be comprised of having to raise your own pokemon and such. Harder working people get better stuff. I can see that point. I think that nowadays pokemon is NOT purely battling, but it is raising pokemon and investing time in a team also. Oh, and we have contests and such so that is also pokemon now. Battling may be the original pokemon spirit but now many other aspects are included too. Keep the Insta-battle to the World wide web. The main pokemon games are for all additives, not just a quick battle.

I've recently changed my stance on this issue. It is clear that players who use hacked-but-possible pokemon have a huge advantage over players who breed. The hacker can make his team pretty much instantly, and fine tune and tweek its evs, ivs, natures and movesets far more quickly. He also has easy access to legendaries, difficult but possible movesets and the like.

The thing which has swayed me to the dark side, is the fact that there's no real way to make sure everyone plays legitimately. You cannot stop them from doing this because it is impossible to catch players using good fakes. Players who don't hack will always be at a disadvantage, and since there's nothing that can be done about it they might as well hack themselves.

For this reason, I will grudgingly invest in an action replay.:pirate: Here's hoping nintendo figures out a way to stop us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)