Other Metagames [AG] Polytheistic Alliance (peaked 1825!)

reapfield evidence 1.png
reapfield evidence 2.png

Yes, the name is a Shin Megami Tensei reference before you ask
Hello, this is Hourai and I still don't know how to properly introduce an RMT. Much like my first RMT, this team is built around Arceus, this time focusing more on the Extreme Killer set rather than EKiller Arceus/Waterceus/Ghostceus. Also, it has a much better record than my previous RMT, both getting higher elo and a better win/loss ratio (38-1 compared to Holy Trinity's 30-9). I held off on posting this until I made it into the top 500 to ensure the team is competent enough to merit posting.

Two Extreme Killer Arceuses were chosen, because EKiller is easily Arceus's best set, and what offensive Arceus team doesn't have an EKiller or two?

Ghost Arceus was chosen to have something that can switch out on Mega Gengar, and always outspeed it pre-Mega Evolving. It was initially physical, but switched to a special set to give the team more attacking diversity and have a way to deal with Ditto after a particularly traumatizing run-in with a mono-Ditto team
->
->

Xerneas was intially switched out for Deoxys-Speed so I could have a way to set hazards, but then I later changed my mind and switched back to using Xerneas.

Mega Gengar was chosen because of its high speed, high Special Attack, Shadow Tag, and Destiny Bond. Unfortunately, it has ended up being my least used member.

Primal Kyogre was added to the team to have another switchin against Mega Rayquaza, with Ice Beam to deal a large amount of damage, even with Delta Stream up.

Arceus @

Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Magic Coat
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
The first EKiller on the team, and more oriented on being able to deal with more annoying Pokemon for the team like Darkrai and Klefki thanks to Lum Berry and Magic Coat. Earthquake allows it to deal with things like Mega Diancie, even though it's mostly a non-issue due to the team not having any Fairy-weak Pokemon.

Arceus @

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
The second EKiller, and much more offensively oriented. Life Orb gives it extra power, and it has Edgequake, allowing it to deal with Yveltal and, again, Mega Diancie. Even though it can get worn down pretty quickly, it can still accomplish a lot in the turns it's out, being able to set up against more passive Pokemon in the tier. Jolly nature allows it to outspeed Mega Rayquaza and hit it with absurdly powerful ESpeeds.

Arceus-Ghost @

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Recover
Just your standard CM Ghostceus. Focus Miss Blast allows it to hit almost anything Judgement can't hit, and it's also safe from the odd Imposter Ditto. It can outspeed Gengar on the turn it Mega Evolves, allowing it to deal with it, and if it can't, being a Ghost type allows it to switch out against it.

Xerneas @

Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Sleep Talk
Choice Specs Xerneas was an odd choice, but it at least works for me. Thunder allows it to deal with things like POgre, and Focus Blast allows it to break through Steels. Moonblast was an obvious choice, because it's Xerneas's most powerful STAB. Sleep Talk allows it to switch into Darkrai, which can be a threat to the team if the first EKiller goes down.

Gengar @

Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Destiny Bond
Gengar was chosen as the Mega due to its power and speed, which made it a good fit on the team, with Shadow Tag to really seal the deal. Protect allows it to Mega Evolve safely without getting KO'd by opposing Ghostceuses, and Destiny Bond allows it to have a potent suicide attack thanks to its frailty. Sludge Wave is for STAB, and, again Focus Blast is to break through Steels.

Kyogre-Primal @

Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
Standard CM POgre with a non-standard EV spread. Origin Pulse is a powerful STAB choice, with it being a better version of Hydro Pump. Thunder is powerful no-miss (until the weather gets changed) coverage move, and Ice Beam allows it to hit Dragons like the omnipresent Mega Rayquaza. Calm Mind gives it a reliable boosting move, and allows it to elevate its already high special bulk even further.

Darkrai can be a pain to deal with if the Lum Berry EKiller goes down and Xerneas is locked into a move that isn't Sleep Talk, because you need to waste two turns just to use Sleep Talk, and by then it's probably already switched.

Opposing Xerneas are also a pain to deal with, because most of the time they carry the typical GeoXern set, meaning that the team's special attackers won't be able to do that much to them after the boost. However, the EKillers can easily dispatch it with ESpeed if they can pull off an SD.

DDance sets can easily wreak havoc on the team, and can even muscle through Xerneas after boosting. If it fails to OHKO, however, Xerneas can promptly nuke it with Moonblast.

Stocke because he's a pretty cool person
Josh RIP Josh
Chloe. even though I've never had any real interaction with her but she still seems like a pretty cool person, that and she's one of the leaders of this fun but unbalanced meta
Dream Eater Gengar so both you and Chloe get this spammed in your notifications
megaqwer:D because I shamelessly stole some of the sets in the RMT from him (both the EKillers and Mega Gengar)

I'll post replays in the hide tab below when I go against some more notable players and decide to record competent matches and not stupid low ladder stuff (which will be a while because I'm going to try to remain as high ladder as possible until I inevitably forget both Reapfield's and Hourai Victim's passwords)

Arceus @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Magic Coat
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Xerneas @ Choice Specs
Ability: Fairy Aura
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Sleep Talk

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Destiny Bond

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)