SV OU Alolan Ninetales+Setup Spam (Pre DLC)

Favourite New Pokémon from DLC 1?

• Total voters
So, my favourite pokemon is Sinistcha, so I wanted to try and fit it onto a team. I thought :ninetales-alola: was good to support Cha, and then I started adding setup mons which veil helped with. This is probably stupid and will be very happy if I get anything, as 1200 level player who got to 1450 with this team before sliding all the way back down :facepalm:

First RMT Team Alert! Will probably need quite a bit of help so please help, thank you!

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/f23b4ef4cf7fd761
Corv Paste: https://pokepast.es/db8ddb74f6d6499e

:sv/ninetales-alola:
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Encore
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast

Ninetales is here to provide long veils, with its singular job: Veil, encore hazards if it exists, maybe snipe :ogerpon-wellspring: or delete :dragonite:'s multiscale, then switch into other members and let them setup. Always make sure that it stays alive, your members need veil, mainly :Sinistcha: and :Clefable:, but each mon has a setup move to make the veil help and not be dead weight. I mean, you can run :Grimmsnarl: but A9 is good against opposing weather as well as longer screens.

:sv/sinistcha:
Sinistcha @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Matcha Gotcha
- Strength Sap

Veil Helper No.1. CM up a lot, sap or Matcha to keep yourself healthy, sweep. EVs are plonked to make it a dual-purpose wall, with no particular intent so you can just fix up the EVs. Basically turns it into a tanky sweeper, and those first calm minds are easy to grab with veil up. Tera Ice for that sweet sweet 3x defence buff, but could see fairy or steel with heatproof working though.

:sv/clefable:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Wish
- Draining Kiss

Veil Helper No.2. Cosmic Power as much as you can, wish to heal yourself, stored power when you want and draining kiss darks. Pretty simple, not much to say except keep the taunts away. This gets shut down by taunt, so ideally use :iron valiant: and :dragonite: to wombo combo any of them and don't bring this out unless as a wincon. Unaware also stonewalls setup sweepers.

:sv/iron valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Encore
It's honestly just physical :iron valiant:. Not really much to say, use veil to SD up and sweep, can also serve as the team's resident fast encorer and setup screwer. Tera Dark boosts knock off and also can stop Stored Power sweepers, with a Tera Dark Encore cutting their sweep short and giving you free SD opportunities. Everybody mourn now and be sad that :iron valiant:'s best physical fairy stab is spirit break :(

:sv/Dragonite:
Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Roost

Our king the goofy dragon is here. Sporting bulk and roost, with veil roost shenanigans Multiscale protects :dragonite: and allows the goofy dragon to DDance up to heaven and smack everything. Can't really do much to :Corviknight:, so try and kill it before it comes in, otherwise relatively standard set with tera normal for that lovely STAB bonus.

:sv/kingambit:
Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head

The Queen's Gambit is here to win endgames and checkmate the opposing player. Standard Gambit with :black glasses: and tera dark to omega buff dark attacks, and it is up to the player to win the mindgames on today's game show: Can You Predict the Kingambit (and not lose). Honestly, supreme overlord is one of the least fun things that has been added to the game, so I use it. 8 speed EVs is to be special and outspeed min invested Gambits, dumping the rest in HP.

Potential Changes
Most changes are mentioned, but you can change one of the two Veil sweepers (probably Clefable) into :Corviknight:

:sv/corviknight:
Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Trip
- Bulk Up
- Body Press
- Roost

POWER TRIP :CORVIKNIGHT: BABY!
Bulk up, trip that power and/or press that body. Roost to stay healthy. Veil helps it as well! Pretty simple, not much to say except keep the taunts away. This gets shut down by taunt, so ideally use :iron valiant: and :dragonite: to wombo combo any of them and don't bring this out unless as a wincon or to tank hits that nothing else can take. (Yes it is the exact words from the clefable description, don't ask.

Last edited:

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello there! Interesting veil team you've got here~ I do like utilizing screens with Sinistcha to sweep as well. For offensively structured teams, your team composition should aim to achieve one of two things:
Code:
1. Break down opposing checks so that you can have 1 or 2 end game scenarios ready to play out
2. Stack offensive pressure so that your opponent's defenses are cracked wide apart
With that in mind, I will try to structure and adjust your team so that it fits the latter playstyle and so that it can hold it's own against other team structures and style.
1. unaware clefable > fat mystic water hsamu
2. tera dark phys iron val > tera elec special iron val
3. tera ice sinistcha > tera poison sinistcha
4. fat gambit > fast gambit
first off, HO structures that like veil will always greatly appreciate a strong hazard setter. There are a lot of different varying types of set up attackers but defensive SP Clefable tends to lose your momentum by a lot. on top of that, you are running two stat stackers that rely on being defensively fat in order to last long on the field but huge threats like Ogerpon and Iron Val can easily come in, encore you and set up alongside you. pon can crit you and val can counter sweep you so your best way around it is to overwhelm your opponent with as much firepower as you can and one of the best way to do so is with a "hazard setter + veil + 3 set up + 1 immediate power" HO structure. By changing Clef to Hisui-Samurott, you can set up while being able to amp up the pressure on the opponent. the spread gives you some fat to work with. it allows you to live volt switch from defensive Zapdos, outpaces defensive Gholdengo and lives 2 make it rain and is able to pressure WaterPon if needs to. I got this set from a friend on showdown and I rlly love this set because you don't have to lead with it and it's able to pressure a lot of opposing offensive and balanced structures.
Samurott-Hisui (M) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Sharpness
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Cutter
- Aqua Jet
next up, we have some minor changes here and there so lets start off with overhauling the Iron Val set to mixed Tera Electric instead of phys Tera Dark. tera electric gives you a very solid way of dealing with zapdos outside of praying sinistcha being able to 1v1 it. tbolt on the set allows you to play the lure game with Corviknight and you can clear it for Dragonite to sweep the end game. On top of that, it helps you 1v1 a lot of the fatter waters that give you problems that Sinistcha might not be able to clear alone. Calm Mind can be opted over Encore if you feel that you are not running into issues with offensive structures since you will be running triple priority on this team to bypass opposing sweepers.

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Elec
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Thunderbolt
- Encore / Calm Mind
Sinistcha should run tera poison because tera ice is sincerely too greedy. nothing much to say here but tera ice means you have a lot less switch in opportunities and in general, if you are running a mon that is going to lose you momentum, then its wiser to run it under the assumption that veil may not be on for it. if that's the assumption then tera ice is terrible as a solo option. Heatproof isn't going to save Sinistcha from hazards sadly.
Sinistcha @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Matcha Gotcha
- Strength Sap
lastly, i personally think that if you running immediate power Kingambit, you should always run max speed because you don't ever want to risk losing to opposing faster TBlast / Low Kick Gambit
Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
Give the changes a try and lemme know how you feel about it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)