Altering Cave Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorite memories as a child was stumbling upon Altering Cave in Pokemon Leaf Green. There was an immediate sense of mystery and grandeur from the cave that captivated my young brain. I spent hours and hours scavenging every tile and using moves like Dig in various spots knowing eventually I would be one step closer to discovering the mystery within. I would imagine I was an archeologist exploring the unknown and trying to make sense of a seemingly innocuous cave. Why was it here? What was it's purpose? Why are there only Zubat's?

Eventually, I must have lost interest and saved my game inside the cave before moving on to other things in life. Little did I know that was the key: time. After months of leaving my game off, I booted it up to discover the cave had completely changed. Tons of new Pokemon species were available to me, rare items were at my fingertips, and most importantly, a PC was available with all of the tools to allow me to make the coolest secret base in the world. I couldn't believe it. Once again, I was captivated by the cave, making it my new "home" (before this, it was Four Island). While I still play Pokemon today, nothing compared to the mystery and imagination the developers used to include in the older games. I'm longing for the days we can once again explore mysteries as cool as Altering Cave.

Anyway, that was me. I'm curious to hear about some of the mysteries you guys found here.

Not much tbh, I found it first time on Emerald and the music weirded me out "Why is it Mt Moon?!". Didn't ocurred me that it was the same cave in FRLG copypasted.

HOWEVER, when I needed to train a team for the Battle Frontier, this place came in clutch as a Speed EV hotspot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)