Scizor @Flight Gem
Adamant
Technician
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
-Bug Bite
-Bullet Punch
-Acrobatics
-Protect

This Scizor is the powerhouse of my team. An Acrobatics can still OHKO Hitmontop after -1 Atk. Bug Bite is great because it rids the opponent's Pokemon of berries. It's also powered up by Technician. Protect, as always is to scout and Bullet Punch can be to revenge kill or for Sashers.

Tyranitar @Focus Sash
Brave
Sand Stream
252 Atk 252 HP 4 Spe
-Low Kick
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Protect

The Sandstorm setup of my team. He can tear through other Tyranitars with Low Kick. That is why I have given him 1 extra Speed point. There won't be any speed ties! Crunch is a powerful STAB move that has the chance to get an extra Def. drop on the opponent. Rock Slide is a staple on VGC teams and can earn some lucky flinches. Protect, as usual is to scout and can see if a Pokemon is Scarfed or not because of the order of them getting hit by Sandstorm.

"U MAD BREH" the Hitmontop @Fighting Gem
Adamant
Intimdate
252 Atk 252 HP 4 Spe
-Fake Out
-Mach Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Detect

This common lead is simply amazing. Fake Out is a staple that can easily break a Sash or prevent setup. Mach Punch is a great STABed priority move that wrecks stuff. Sucker Punch is another great move, but requires prediction. It destroys Psychics and Ghosts. Wide Guard is for the prevalence of spread moves in the VGC like Earthquake, Discharge, Surf, Heat Wave and Rock Slide.

Metagross @Choice Scarf
Jolly
Clear Body
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
-Ice Punch
-Trick
-Explosion
-Iron Head

This is a wild card in terms of stats. Many people expect a slow, and hard-hitter. My Metagross is fast and can cripple support Pokemon with Trick. Explosion is also unexpected and can be a quick KO on the opponent's leads. Iron Head can get some flinches and is STABed. Lastly, Ice Punch is a coverage move, that can hit Flying types.

Zapdos @Charti Berry
Modest
Pressure
252 Sp.Atk 100 Spe 156 HP
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice
-Heat Wave
-Detect

This legendary electric bird does great in this year's VGC. Thunderbolt is its main STAB and hits hard. Hidden Power Ice gets perfect coverage with Thunderbolt and is good against Rock types. Heat Wave is a good spread move and its Fire typing gets good coverage on Pokemon like Abomasnow, who will be appearing on many Team Previews this year! Although Detect has less PP than Protect, it is not effected by Imprison.

Latios @Dragon Gem
Timid
4 HP 4 Def 248 Sp.Atk 252 Spe
-Dragon Pulse
-Psyshock
-HP Ground
-Protect

This monster is fast and a very hard Special Attacker. It gets great coverage with its moves and Dragon Gem increases the power of the already powerful Dragon Pulse. Psyshock is another STAB ad great for dealing with Chansey/Blissey. Hidden Power Ground is mainly for coverage on Rock and Steel types. Protect is to scout.

this team seems really solid and doesn't seem to have many HUGE GAPING HOLES in it. it doesn't seem very.... you know, it doesn't seem to have that spark! these are all really common pokemon and if you face someone who knows the "common sets" they're going to be totally prepared for everything you throw at them. Even metagross isn't too OUT OF THIS WORLD as a surprise set.

i think if this team thought outside the box it would be pretty good

I don't know what your obsession is with one time items. Otherwise it seems solid but I have no clue how to play VGC.

The one weakness I see is that you have 5 one time use items and 1 item that lasts longer then one turn but locks you into one move. Items like Leftovers, Focus Sash/band, Life Orb, etc are common in VGC teams because having an extra turn or not can mean a win and a loss in the Swiss Rounds which in turn could effect getting into the Elimination Rounds of the tournament or being done and sitting in the spectator area as other players continue on that you could've beaten.

really, all i'd change wide guard on hitmontop, since most of your team doesn't need wide guard support as much (apart from scizor's heat wave phobia, tar and meta can take EQ's well enough) to detect or HH. also get rid of eject button and put fighting gem or something on it

not sure what you want to outspeed with jolly on scizor; change it to adamant

change chople to sash on tar

i also see potential for a mixed TR team, though it would require some major reworking

this team seems really solid and doesn't seem to have many HUGE GAPING HOLES in it. it doesn't seem very.... you know, it doesn't seem to have that spark! these are all really common pokemon and if you face someone who knows the "common sets" they're going to be totally prepared for everything you throw at them. Even metagross isn't too OUT OF THIS WORLD as a surprise set.

i think if this team thought outside the box it would be pretty good
What exactly would make this team HAVE SPARK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)