Anime Expo 2012

Anime Expo 2012

June 29 - July 2
Los Angeles Convention Center

Anime Expo shouldn't need much introduction. It's literally the largest anime convention in North America. Unfortunately this year it's the same weekend as nationals for Pokemon VGC and TCG so I'm guessing Smogon representation at AX this year will be smaller than in previous years.

I'll be attending AX year as a volunteer for a full five days, driving down on Thursday morning for the day 0 setup and other prep, and departing Monday afternoon. I'll also be bringing my Pokemon deck (and probably also have a VGC team too because why not), so if you want to meet up for a game or just to say hi drop me a line on IRC or something. (I will probably be using twitter via SMS for communication during/at the event due to lacking a mobile browser.)

I used to go to Anime Expo every year until about 2 years ago. I just hate the LA convention center. I wish they would bring it back to Anaheim or Long Beach.

I still go to WonderCon, Fanime, and Comic Con every year. Fanime is still my favorite.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
dear phil

come hang out with us (us being me, Age of Kings, assorted others) at Fanime

love,

OmegaDonut

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

i Kick ass at Pokemon

chat with my old pal Gandalf

Confess my love for FMA, and have a Flexing session with Major Armstrong

Pretend i know every cosplay

always try to look cool

Fan girl over my fav cosplays. OMG can you believe house is coming to an end :(.
also i dont fan girl, just for the record.

Have fun with my childhood cartoon heroes, like Shaggy & Scooby

Sleep with my childhood crush, misty. Why ash never showed interest, i will never know, seriously.

Show that you dont need to be a Bender to be cool and kick ass, along with my fellow non bending bad-asses Jet and Sokka.

Say hi to the ladies

take a picture of myself.....taking a picture........of.........myself. . . .

Reminisce with Giovanni about our days in the past, when i was 10 and kicked his ass. we laugh about it now over drinks

there's more, but i dont want to overdo the joke

ugh, it makes me sick, mad and a little sad that you will all be there hanging out without me. I'll be at Fanime forsure next year, but i cant say the same for Anime expo. So far i only have Sakura-con and Fanime confirmed for 2013, and to be honest i dont think that list will be getting bigger, maybe by 1 more con (doubt it though).

You guys have fun, and hopefully i'll see you guys at Fanime next year ~

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Bumping to say that I'll be at Anime Expo next week, though I won't be able to do a meet-up with anyone as I will be stuck with my friends at a table in the Artist Alley for the duration of the con. If anyone wants to say hi though, I'll be at A52 and A53. And if you're into Katawa Shoujo, we'll be selling an art book as well as a few button pins and various prints, so feel free to stop on by.

On Thursday, I'm driving down to LA from the Central Valley (about 300 miles north of LA up highway 99), driving back up on Monday. Anyone in a position to be interested in carpooling all or part way? I can comfortably seat two more passengers, less comfortably seat three.

I volunteered at AX last weekend, and spent most of Saturday doing badge check outside the live paneling rooms. At the busiest part of the weekend and at quite possibly the busiest place in the convention center, there was a group of teenagers, at least a dozen of them, all dressed in matching costume and traveling as a group, who apparently thought it would be HILARIOUS to run up and down the hallway yelling and generally making as much noise as possible. I had the following conversation with a fellow volunteer:

Me: Man, what are those kids with the gray face paint and orange horns? They're really obnoxious.
Him: They're trolls.
Me: Yeah, but like, what are they cosplaying as?

And that was my first introduction to Homestuck.

Oh, and I went to the Pokemon tournament on Monday and went 1-3 with a borrowed Zekeels deck that had no Mewtwo or Catcher. Weekend was all-around enjoyable, everything I wanted it to be and more. That being said...I can't say I'm upset that this happens only once a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)