Any guitar players out here?

I play guitar (both electric and acoustic) but I'm not that great yet.

How about you?

Oh, and if you don't play guitar, you can post whatever other instrument you play (or want to play). ^_^

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
I PLAY VIOLIN.
her name is Sabine.
although I haven't touched her in a while; what a shame, ugh, i need to get on that.
i should also try recording something some time!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
If I had known, I would have made you bring her to Indy.

I play guitar as well, my acoustic is Sofia (electric still unnamed). And, uh, I'm not sure what this thread is looking to accomplish.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I play guitar as well, have 2 electrics and an acoustic, and play on the acoustic wayyyyyyyyy more than the electrics.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hello.

Unless this thread starts to spark some actual discussion soon I am going to close it.

But hey, I am going to give it a chance. :P

I am a vocalist, going to be in advance chorus this coming school year. While I have no trouble hitting higher register stuff (think Bruce Dickinson/Rob Halford), I do have trouble playing guitar. I tried teaching myself to play but I am pretty bad at that. Lessons are a problem due to money issues. Would any guitar players have any tips or advice for a complete guitar newb?

Hey I've been playing for about 8 months now, still only got an acoustic though. What guitar do you have? and what's your fave or dream guitar? (hopefully this starts some conversation)

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Would any guitar players have any tips or advice for a complete guitar newb?
Aim to play at least 2 hours a day, if not that much then as much as possible. A good way to do it is to fiddle around for 20 minutes to warm yourself up, then practice what you need work most on. This could be scales, picking technique, leads, chords, rhythm and a ton of other stuff. You don't really need lessons, just motivation to play and you'll learn it.

I play classical guitar. Classical as in Bach, Vivaldi, and Sor. It's really fun and I think more people should play that genre. Metal Gods, try to practice 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours a day. You will be surprised at how fast you can learn.

I have two electric guitars. One of them isn't completed yet. I havent finished putting it together one day. I havent picked it up the other one in about a year. I should probably. I only ever played on it like half an hour a day. But yeah, probably an hour + if you have time. I took lessons though because I would probably have quit if I didn't get a teacher to get me started. My advice, is to just pick some songs or whatever you like, to start with, and learn how to play them. I can only play via tabs though. Which apparently means im scrub to all my friends in band. :(

edit: also, pardon the mini modding, but isn't this reinessance material??

I don't play any guitar but I want to learn at some point (I just write music <__<), my brother on the other hand is a guitar MONSTER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aG_du94jIk

This is him playing something he wrote, but eh, it was written 2 years ago and... well it's not THAT great (and some of the transitions just sound baaad). At some point though he's going to upload a video of him and his buddy covering the entire 'colors' album by Between the Buried and Me, now THAT'S impressive.

I can play the electric guitar. I don't play it very often though.

I can also play the bass (which I play much more often than anything else), piano, and clarinet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)