Apprentice Program - Round Fourty Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to Seven Deadly Sins

Username
: Basics
Shoddy Username: Basics
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5; most routinely available from 10:00PM - 1 AM on weekdays, and erratically on the weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: For the time being, OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: Some of you may know me, some of you may not. I am an experienced competitive PKMN player - in ADV primarily, but I'm also reasonably familiar with RBY and GSC.

Edit: Fuck. :)

Phewf! That's plenty for now. Thanks for signing up, and for those of you who missed it, keep your eyes open again for the next signups! Good luck!

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Here's the moment many of you have been waiting for! Sign-ups are now...OPEN!

Before submitting an application, please make sure to carefully read the OP of this thread. In order to participate, you MUST have over 15 posts on at least 10 separate days! Additionally, you must correctly fill out your application. If you don't, your post will be deleted.

This thread will only be open for a limited amount of time. With that said, go ahead and sign-up! Best of luck to all applicants!

Assigned to supermarth64

Username
: GaRgAnt
Shoddy Username: GaRgAnt, Memory Metal
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 6-10 PM US Eastern (GMT -5)
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I entered competitive battle four months ago, but I can say that I've achieved some success on the ladder (I think I'm #10 right now). However, I still want to see how far I can go.

Assigned to august

Username: apologies
Shoddy Username: apologies
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 6-10 PM GMT -8
What tier do you want to learn?: UU/Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: im good at ou, but pretty bad at uu and ubers. i want to learn at least one for st10. idc which one, whichever has an available tutor first.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Assigned to tripe

Username
:WhiteQueen
Shoddy Username: WhiteQueen
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST time. Usually free after 8pm on most days. Free on Sunday, any time after noon.
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I can hold my own in both OU and UU, so might as well learn how to play Ubers too and be a well-rounded player.

Assigned to Setsuna.

Username
: Faladran
Shoddy Username: Faladran
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (GMT -6); generally 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing for a while, and have made it onto the leaderboard a few times, but feel that I have little grasp of team building mechanics and metagame shifts. Also, I'm not sure if requests are allowed, but if possible I'd like to be assigned to Philip7086.

Assigned to Huntofthelion

Username: The Cicada

Age 13
Shoddy Username The Shiny Cicada
Your Time Zone and usual hours of avalabillity:US West, I am on all day long.
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I seriously dislike OU metagame and want to master UU.

Assigned to Iconic

Username
: PttP
Shoddy Username: PttP/explore/ a lot of others
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 12 PM - 8PM (GMT -5)
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers or UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've gotten on both leaderboards and at the top 10 before, but leaderboard doesn't mean much so meh. I haven't played UU ever since Honchrow and Gallade were allowed so I want to get back into the meta. Ubers is fun so I wanna learn it lol.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to tripe

Username
: Nexus
Shoddy Username: nex_us
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 usual hours vary depending on the day but mainly 6pm - 12 AM but after Aug. 12 hours will be much more flexible
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers, UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Chemistry major at my college, shy person looking to become more integrated in the Smogon community besides the WiFi forums.

Assigned to Iconic

Username
: Dea
Shoddy Username: n00byGal
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3, 10PM to 12AM and pretty much the whole day on Saturdays.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU and/or Uber (if possible), but my priority is OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Smogon's strategy dex helped me a lot but I don't want to depend on it forever. I'd rather know enough to be able to adapt the move sets, EVs and IVs to correspond to more specific battle rules and to add to the current knowledge instead of just sponging it to no end.

Assigned to undisput3d

Username: Dark Abyss
Shoddy Username: Dark Abyss but I'm usually on an alt.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: USA Mountain time GMT -7. 4 pm - 9 pm usually.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, Ubers, UU in that order.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive battling for over 2 years. I live in New Mexico. I would like to be tutored in Team Building especially since that's what I am worst at. Hopefully a tutor can teach me how to recognize threats better and such. Also, I play Ubers quite a lot, never laddered on Smogon though. Only PO. Thanks.

Assigned to Iconic

Username
: Pielover12321
Shoddy Username: Pielover12321
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5-9 PM (If school in session) Otherwise, anytime from 9AM - 10 PM (usually 1 hours of that time) GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: UU/Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Let's see. I suck at both Ubers and UU. I'm still bad at OU, but I really want to learn Ubers, since I've never played it before, and it's usually fun for me to learn a new tier. UU, I've played a little before, but I barely know the metagame, and don't know what threats are bigger than others, and same thing for Ubers (I hope this isn't confusing). Well, in real life, I'm not too popular, and I've been playing Pokemon my whole life, or well, since the time my mom bought me Pokemon Yellow when I was 2 and I thought Professor Oak was a bad, mean looking dude (lol, he looked mean when I was 2, don't get mad. :P) and I only got into competitive Pokemon battling recently, just an FYI.

Assigned to Pride

Username: Doctor Octagonapus
Shoddy Username: Doctor Octagonapus
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5-9 PM during school. When not, available most of the day, 10 AM-8 PM, GMT -8
What tier do you want to learn: OU/UU/Ubers in that order.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm awesome. Ok, not really. I'm pretty 'meh' at OU, nothing special, and am pretty bad at the other 2 tiers. My RL friend almost beat me at Ubers, and he was using Roar of Time. Roar of Time! Sheesh. Just recently got into the whole competitive battling scene. Anyway, my RL is pretty humdrum, have a bunch of friends, a few of which I've brought into Smogon. Looking forward to whatever you all can help me with. Team building and prediction...and such.

Assigned to DJX09

Username
: BlackMarketTrader
Shoddy Username: BlackMarketTrader, Within Temptation, DarkMagic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 3PM - 10PM Free on weekends usually.
Tell us a little about yourself: Hoping to get better at team building, which is my major weakness. Have made the OU leaderboard but not very high.

Username: ILoveLiza
Shoddy Username: I have numerous Aliases.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10, I am available most hours around the clock. I frequently sleep during the day to talk to americans as well as sometimes need to be up for University commitments. So I am easy here.
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers, I have had successes in all other tiers. I have never been able to crack the Uber metagame however.
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in Australia. I study computer science at UOW. (Same uni as EW) Basically I am fairly stock standard normal. I am an avid player of forum mafia and I spend alot of my time currently starting writing game guides for forgotten and fairly ordinary games.

Assigned to ENZ0

Username
: danmantincan
Shoddy Username: danmantincan/dmtc
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, 5:00pm-12:00am
What tier do you want to learn?: OU and UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 17 years old and I've been playing Pokemon since RBY, but didn't start competitive battling until DP. I started battling competitively in OU and have made some progress by myself, but I feel like I have come to a stand still. I would also like to begin the transition into UU, since I enjoyed the few matches I played in that tier. My goal is to eventually play for Canada in the World Cup of Pokemon.

Assigned to Stone_Cold

Username
: RheaJ
Shoddy Username: RheaJ
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4, I should be available between 7:00 pm and 1:00 am, however as a university student I can't be sure exactly how much of that time I can spend on Pokemon.
What tier do you want to learn?: definitely OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Jamaican who's come to America to study at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, where I'm majoring in Mathematics. I've been lurking around Smogon for quite some time and tried to get into the Pokemon scene, however, weak team building skills, poor knowledge of the metagame, and hasty, thoughtless judgements in battle have deterred me time and time again.

I really don't want to give up though, and would really appreciate this opportunity to learn directly from the best and be able to finally swim, and not sink, in the Olympic swimming pool that is the Smogon community confidently.

Assigned to DJXO9

Username:
for54years
Shoddy Username: rack_puma (Jeremy on IRC)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I work odd shifts, but I live on US Pacific time (GMT -8, I believe). I'm normally free between 5:00 PM and 10:00 PM, however, I'll work whenever for this.
What tier do you want to learn?: I want to advanced my OU play style and team building. Team building is a major weak point for me, and I tend to lack consistency. I've been stuck in the 1300-1350 range for some time in OU, and my best Uber CRE was 1500 back in February. Although I'm mostly interested in OU, I'm up for UU and Ubers, as well, and am willing to play any style to improve myself.
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in the US near Seattle, and am active duty Navy. I've played guitar every day since the fall of 1994, and have been playing the games since 1998.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to whistle

Username:
Jiovaine11
Shoddy Username: Starstorm98
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (any time is good now since it is the summer)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am going towards my last year of high school, so I'm nervous/excited about that. I'm trying to rebuild my skills as a battler and become apart of the community more so I take any opportunity I can

Assigned to Delta 2777

Username:
AzZona
Shoddy Username: AzZona
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 12PM-1AM(GMT -4)
What tier do you want to learn?: OU and UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I just started into the Competitive pokemon scene in late June. At first I struggled but have steadily gotten better in the WiFi meta and would like to get better at bith Shoddy and WiFi. My overall knowledge of the metagame is descent in the OU department, but I feel that it can be much improved on. I have basically no knowledge at all of UU.

Assigned to Reverb

Username
: {~.:Princess of Johto:.~}
Shoddy Username: Princess of Johto
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5

I'm usually online during the afternoon hours around 3-5 PM, and then again during the evening around 7-10 PM. I can set a time, it would be easiest in the afternoon, though. Also, I may be on early, depending on when I wake up. If I wake up late, I'll be on in the afternoon, then evening, if I wake up early, I will be one around 8-10 AM. I can also set my alarm to wake up during those times.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU (If that's full, then UU would be great)
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I'm a teenage girl who loves pokemon. I watch the anime, and I draw my favorite pokemon (Traditional, not computer art). I love to swim, hang out with friends, and go to Cedar Point, my favorite amusement park. I live in Ohio, USA. I also like watching the Naruto Shippuden anime. I LOVE Carlos Pena from Big Time Rush. He's so cute <3

I started playing pokemon during Gen. I & II. I was about 7 years old, and my mom took me to a garage sale. I got Pokemon Blue and Silver for only 25 cents each xD I loved it, and soon, got the hang of it. I didn't really use stratedgy, though. I just trained my starter pokemon. Then, I got Fire Red, and my brother got Emerald, soon after they came out. When Gen. IV was about to come out, I was about 9 or 10. I got Diamond, and that was when I actually had a "team" including Empoleon, Staraptor, and Luxray. Then, in 2009, I got Platinum and had a full team of 6. This is when I started getting into competitive battling, but I still wasn't good. I didn't fully understand the tier system, and I just used my favorite pokemon with Smogon's suggested movesets. I started to fully understand competitive battling around January-March, which is when I started making my first OU team. It won some, lost some, mostly lost some. Then I decided to make a new team, which did much better. It won a good amount of matches on Shoddy, and got me to a 1070 something CRE, but then it started doing bad. I have a pretty good RD team now, but it won't get past 1100 CRE, and I have a new OU team that's doing alright, but not great. I would really love some help!

Edit: I'm not sure if I qualify, so if I don't please delete my post =]

Username: GOTO2435
Shoddy Username: GOTO2435
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-03:00 from 6:00 pm to 11:30 pm
What tier do you want to learn?:UU mainly and some little cup if i have time
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a high school student who lives in Argentina, i started playing drums about a month ago. I go to the gym two times a week. I enjoy playing videogames and i currently own a nintendo ds and a ps3.

Assigned to aziki

Username: TSi
Shoddy Username:TSi, TehSneasel, I Liek Ubers
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 (eastern) 24/7, flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?:OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a high school student who lives in the U.S.. I play the viola, and i enjoy reading literature, running, and playing video games, mainly pokemon. I also enjoy make computer graphics art, and watching anime. I have always found my self just short of being good, and so i signed up for smogon's tutoring program so i can maybe get better. I often build teams that aren't that good, and i also have trouble with consistency on the ladder. I often just cannot break a certain cre, or am so close to breaking out of average, but never make it, and thats what i hope to do, to break down the wall that always holds me back.

If possible, I would like to request krack as my tutor.​

Username: STEELDRAGON
Shoddy Username: I have so many alts it's not even funny, here's a few: STEELDRAGON, .STEELDRAGON, --STEELDRAGON--, THESTEELDRAGON, ALT.OF.STEEL.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -8 If I calculated it right, I live in the Western Coast time Zone. I am very flexible, I am free most of the time from 1pm-11pm.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am have just graduated highschool last month, and Im not really doing that much this summer, just hangin out til the fall. Interms, of achievements, I have been pretty successful in OU, getting up to over 1400 CRE. In Ubers, though I have reached 1479, But I consider my self better in OU than in Ubers. I have joined shoddy in February, but I have been into pokemon since September 1998. I really like testing out gimmicky sets, because most people don't expect them. Some of the gimmicky sets, I have created are actually pretty good. I eventually want to reach #1 on at least on leaderboard. I have beaten some prominent players, in OU and Ubers, but I haven't really got into UU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)