Ubers Arceus-Rock

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
(QC: 3/3) by Minority Nayrz Level 56
(GP: 1/1) by The Dutch Plumberjack

[OVERVIEW]

* Arceus-Rock has an awesome niche in being one of few Pokemon to be able to safely switch in against Ho-Oh.
* Its decent offensive typing in Rock enables it to hit the majority of Pokemon in the meta for neutral damage without the need of coverage.
* Its great Flying and Normal resistances allow it to check Pokemon like Mega Salamence, Yveltal, Rayquaza, Ho-Oh, and Mega Kangaskhan.
* Its 120 base stats across the board, with access to an effective offensive movepool as well as recovery, and status-inflicting moves enable it to run different sets.
* It is hampered by a weakness to common Ground-type attacks and is also weak to Water-type and Steel-type attacks.
* When weakened enough, it can get trapped by Mega Gengar and revenge KOed by Focus Blast.
* Takes up your Arceus slot.
* With a rise in the viability of bulky and strong Water-types such as Kyogre and Palkia, Arceus-Rock is somewhat less viable in the current metagame.

[SET]
name: Calm Mind Attacker
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Will-O-wisp
move 3: Recover
move 4: Judgment
item: Stone Plate
ability: Multitype
nature: Timid
evs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=====

* Calm Mind allows Arceus-Rock to work as a wincon as well as providing offensive pressure mid-game.
* Will-O-Wisp provides utility and can cripple Pokemon like Extreme Killer Arceus sets lacking ground coverage, Mega Kangaskhan, and Steel-types and Ground-types such as physically offensive Solgaleo, Mega Lucario, Aegislash, and Arceus-Ground.
* Recover is required to maintain Arceus-Rock's longevity, which is important to check the Pokemon it needs to.
* Despite being walled by the usual stall teams, Rock-type Judgment, with 100 Base Power and nothing being immune to it, can deal with Flying-type Pokemon like Yveltal, Rayquaza, Mega Salamence, and Ho-Oh, which are some of the major offensive threats in the metagame.

Set Details
========

* A Timid Nature along with 252 EVs in Speed allows Arceus-Rock to reach the highest Speed tier it can, being able to Speed tie with opposing max Speed Arceus formes as well as Mega Salamence.
* 252 HP EVs maximize Arceus-Rock's bulk, which allowing it to avoid OHKO from +1 Earthquake from Mega Salamence as well as having greater special bulk after it sets up Calm Mind.
* The remaining 4 EVs are invested into its Special Attack, which allows it to achieve a guaranteed OHKO against the standard Dragon Dance Mega Salamence set.
* Stone Plate is required for Arceus-Rock to acquire its Rock typing as well as make Judgment a 100 Base Power Rock-type move.

Usage Tips
========

* Since Calm Mind Arceus formes are somewhat afraid of status conditions like burn and poison, Pokemon that are immune to them such as Klefki and Magearna should be used to switch in Arceus-Rock via pivot switches.
* Despite being able to check Ho-Oh, Arceus-Rock is almost bound to get burned by Sacred Fire after repeatedly switching in.However, though it gets subjected to residual damage, Arceus-Rock can now be used as a status sponge and can switch into status moves.
* Nevertheless, Earthquake from Choice Band Ho-Oh does 76% maximum, so it is best to have status removed as fast as possible, even though keeping Arceus-Rock's HP above 82% is enough to be able to switch into opposing Ho-Oh and OHKO them with Judgment.
* Arceus-Rock can also be a switch in against Yveltal but must be wary of the Yveltal+Mega Gengar combo which can easily break through your team by switching in Mega Gengar safely and trapping Arceus-Rock. However, even Mega Gengar will need to hit two Focus Blast to KO Arceus-Rock from full while you can Calm Mind once and then Recover, so keeping Arceus-Rock's health can stop Mega Gengar from pulling off its shenanigans.
* Attempt to predict switches to Steel-types from the opposing side and go for Will-O-Wisp, crippling opposing Ground-, and Steel-type Pokemon.
* When left with no choice against opposing Arceus, Arceus-Rock can Speed tie with the standard Extreme Killer Arceus and burn it, even though it is pretty tough to wall that set because it normally carries Earthquake as coverage and can OHKO Arceus-Rock at +2.
* Arceus-Rock can sweep with Calm Mind boost only after its checks are weakened or removed from the opposing team. Clicking Calm Mind before that is almost pointless.

Team Options
========

* Primal Groudon is an excellent choice. as it can check counters to Calm Mind Arceus-Rock, such as Primal Kyogre, Dialga, Solgaleo, Magearna, Unaware Clefable, and Blissey.
* Giratina-O can act as a Defog user, keeping entry hazards at bay as well as providing a Ground immunity. It also appreciates Pokemon like Yveltal removed from the opposing team, pairing well with Calm Mind Arceus-Rock.
* Dialga can provide hazard support with Stealth Rock and can also check Steel-types like Ferrothorn and Fairy-types such as Clefable.
* Kyogre and Palkia with its very strong Water-type moves can deal with the Ground-types Arceus-Rock struggles to face.
* Geomancy Xerneas with Aromatherapy can act as a cleric for the team. It also appreciates having a check to Ho-Oh.
* Shaymin-S pairs well with Arceus-Rock offensively as it can deal with Ground-types and Kyogre that typically checks Arceus-Rock while also appreciating a check to Ho-Oh being Arceus-Rock.
* Offensive Steel-types like Aegislash, Solgaleo, and Magearna, despite the common Ground-type weakness, can pair well with Arceus-Rock as they appreciate a check to Ho-Oh.
* Zekrom can check Water-types such as Kyogre which can easily check Arceus-Rock, making it a decent offensive partner.
* Finally, since Calm Mind Arceus-Rock dislikes status and Taunt, Mega Sableye makes it a great supportive partner.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

* Substitute is an option over Will-O-Wisp lets Calm Mind Arceus-Rock avoid status and Taunt, while Refresh can remove status conditions; however, this leaves Arceus-Rock with no method of crippling Ground-types.
* Coverage moves such as Grass Knot and Earth Power are options for hitting Water-types such as Kyogre and for Steel-types like Solgaleo and Magearna, but Will-O-Wisp is often more effective and provides more utility.
* Defog is also an option that allows Arceus-Rock to provide support for teams that desperately need entry hazard removal. However, this leaves Arceus-Rock weak to offensive Steel-types and Ground-types such as Aegislash and Zygarde-C.
* Magic Coat is a niche option to bounce back status or Taunt.
* A physically offensive set with Rockium Z and Swords Dance will allow Arceus-Rock to punch through bulky Water-types and Primal Groudon: however, it will have to rely on hitting Stone Edge which is the only strong physical Rock-type move it gets.
* Running Stealth Rock is also another option, since having a setter that also forces out Stealth Rock-weak Pokemon is nice.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Kyogre and Palkia**: Kyogre and Palkia can easily take Judgment from Arceus-Rock and retaliate with strong Water-type attacks. Since Kyogre carries Rest, it doesn't care about being burned either.

**Trappers**: Pokemon like Mega-Gengar, can easily revenge kill Arceus-Rock if it falls 61%, while Wobbuffet can create mind games with Arceus-Rock.

**Steel-types**: Pokemon such as Dialga, Klefki, Ferrothorn, Magearna, and Bronzong can easily wall Arceus-Rock and hurt it with Toxic or super effective Steel-type moves, while burning them with Will-O-Wisp will not cripple them much. Other Steel-types like Mega Lucario, Excadrill, Solgaleo, Genesect, and Mega Scizor can work against Arceus-Rock, but they do not like being burned by Will-O-Wisp.

**Zygarde-C**: This Pokemon can easily wall Arceus-Rock, cripple it with Toxic, phaze it, and hit it for super effective damage.

**Primal-Groudon**: Being immune Arceus-Rock's Will-O-Wisp, Primal Groudon can easily OHKO it with Precipice Blade.

**Arceus-Ground**: Generally, any Arceus forme having type advantage over Arceus-Rock, one of such being Arceus-Ground, can easily take hits from it and easily KO it back with a super effective Earthquake or Ground-type Judgment.

**Fighting-types**: Strong Fighting-types such as Blaziken, Pheromosa, Arceus-Fighting, and Mega Lucario can easily check Arceus-Rock, being able to OHKO it with their strong Fighting STAB moves.

**Clefable and Blissey**: Unaware Clefable and Blissey can easily wall Arceus-Rock with their ability to ignore stat boosts and sky-high Special Defense respectively. However, if Arceus-Rock turns out to be physical, both of these Pokemon will be exposed to a strong physical STAB Stone Edge.

**Faster Pokemon with Super Effective Coverage**: Though Pokemon such as Shaymin-S and Mewtwo cannot switch in safely against Arceus-Rock, they can KO it once they are on the field.

Last edited:

ckw

Tired
I am debating whether Defog deserves a separate set mention or if I should have it in OO

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cripple by its weakness to the most common coverage move in the metagame being Earthquake
I don't think this is a true statement and if it is I want to see stats as evidence. It would be more effective to just say something along the lines of "hampered by weakness to common Ground-type attacks".

In the WoW description, there's not really any reason to ever wisp Mega Mence or Ray since they just get blasted by Judgment. Instead, list out the Ground- and Steel-types that you can cripple before they have a chance to attack (there are other Pokemon like EKiller too). It's inaccurate to say that Recover makes checking things easier, more like it's required to check things so you can maintain longevity.

This set can be used offensively as well as defensively.
This is just a filler line and doesn't really mean anything so remove unless you elaborate on the important stuff. In team options I'd like to see some suggestions that weren't taken from my ORAS analysis. I'd put the Defog support set in OO right below the mention of coverage options. I would also put SR in OO near the end since having a setter that forces out SR weak targets is nice. C&C needs some reorganizing: I'd put offensive steels and Ferrothorn lower, and Shaymin-S at the bottom. Good work on trappers.

Implement these things and I will stamp.

Reactions: ckw

ckw

Tired
I don't think this is a true statement and if it is I want to see stats as evidence. It would be more effective to just say something along the lines of "hampered by weakness to common Ground-type attacks".

In the WoW description, there's not really any reason to ever wisp Mega Mence or Ray since they just get blasted by Judgment. Instead, list out the Ground- and Steel-types that you can cripple before they have a chance to attack (there are other Pokemon like EKiller too). It's inaccurate to say that Recover makes checking things easier, more like it's required to check things so you can maintain longevity.

This is just a filler line and doesn't really mean anything so remove unless you elaborate on the important stuff. In team options I'd like to see some suggestions that weren't taken from my ORAS analysis. I'd put the Defog support set in OO right below the mention of coverage options. I would also put SR in OO near the end since having a setter that forces out SR weak targets is nice. C&C needs some reorganizing: I'd put offensive steels and Ferrothorn lower, and Shaymin-S at the bottom. Good work on trappers.

Implement these things and I will stamp.
Made the changes and I also added Zygarde in C&C. Gave Blissey and Clefable more priority since it totally wall common Arceus-Rock sets.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Steel-types and Ground-types such as physically offensive Solgaleo, Mega-Lucario, Physically offensive Aegislash, Zygarde-C
Zygarde-C doesn't really care about being burned since it has Rest, can Toxic you, or can D Tail. "Physically offensive" in front of Aegislash is not needed.

Recover is Arceus-Rock's main form of recovery. required to maintain it's longevity which is important to check the Pokemon it needs to.
Delete what I've bolded since it's redundant.

Running Stealth Rock is also another option since having a setter which also forces out Stealth Rock weak Pokemon is nice. However, this leaves Arceus-Rock powerless against offensive Steel-Types and Ground-Types.
This implies that you would be running SR over Wisp with CM, which you would never do. If you were to utilize such a tech you'd run SR over CM.

Team options wasn't really improved, so please actually add a couple noteworthy teammates there.

Implement these and this is

QC: 1/3

ckw

Tired
Zygarde-C doesn't really care about being burned since it has Rest, can Toxic you, or can D Tail. "Physically offensive" in front of Aegislash is not needed.

Delete what I've bolded since it's redundant.

This implies that you would be running SR over Wisp with CM, which you would never do. If you were to utilize such a tech you'd run SR over CM.

Team options wasn't really improved, so please actually add a couple noteworthy teammates there.

Implement these and this is

QC: 1/3
Done

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
"Primal-Kyogre, and Palkia, with its insane special bulk and strong Water-type moves can easily deal with Arceus-Rock." - I would reword this to indicate that Palkia and Primal Kyogre becoming more viable in SM have hurt Rockceus somewhat.

Stone Plate is two words, not hyphenated.

OO can mention using Rockium Z with Swords Dance to help punch through bulky Water-types and Primal Groudon.

I'm not sure I would mention Dugtrio in Trappers.

Zygarde-C doesn't need its whole set listed out, just that its bulky, can Toxic or phaze, and hits Rockceus with SE STAB.

OO's ordering can be optimized some:

-Water-types (Primal Kyogre, Palkia, Arceus-Water)
-Trappers (Shadow Tag)
-Steel-types (Dialga, Ferrothorn, Magearna, Klefki, Bronzong, etc - most of these either can use Toxic or don't care about Wisp too much) Others like Excadrill, Solgaleo, Mega Lucario, and Mega Scizor can work somewhat but actually do dislike Wisp
-Zygarde-C
-Primal Groudon
-Arceus-Ground
-Fighting-types (Blaziken, Pheromosa, Arceus-Fighting)
-Faster mons with SE Coverage (Shaymin-S, Mewtwo) - these can't switch in directly but can KO once in

Do these things and I will stamp.

ckw

Tired
"Primal-Kyogre, and Palkia, with its insane special bulk and strong Water-type moves can easily deal with Arceus-Rock." - I would reword this to indicate that Palkia and Primal Kyogre becoming more viable in SM have hurt Rockceus somewhat.

Stone Plate is two words, not hyphenated.

OO can mention using Rockium Z with Swords Dance to help punch through bulky Water-types and Primal Groudon.

I'm not sure I would mention Dugtrio in Trappers.

Zygarde-C doesn't need its whole set listed out, just that its bulky, can Toxic or phaze, and hits Rockceus with SE STAB.

OO's ordering can be optimized some:

-Water-types (Primal Kyogre, Palkia, Arceus-Water)
-Trappers (Shadow Tag)
-Steel-types (Dialga, Ferrothorn, Magearna, Klefki, Bronzong, etc - most of these either can use Toxic or don't care about Wisp too much) Others like Excadrill, Solgaleo, Mega Lucario, and Mega Scizor can work somewhat but actually do dislike Wisp
-Zygarde-C
-Primal Groudon
-Arceus-Ground
-Fighting-types (Blaziken, Pheromosa, Arceus-Fighting)
-Faster mons with SE Coverage (Shaymin-S, Mewtwo) - these can't switch in directly but can KO once in

Do these things and I will stamp.
Implemented these and kept Blissey and Clef at No-3 in C&C

Its "Ho-Oh" not "Ho-oH". I see this a few times across the skeleton. Looks fine otherwise, Fireburn got most of what i was gonna go over yday.

QC 2/3

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader

remove
add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/1
[OVERVIEW]

* Arceus-Rock has an awesome niche in being one of few Pokemon to be able to safely switch in against Ho-Oh.
* Its decent offensive typing in Rock, being able enables it to hit the majority of Pokemon in the meta for neutral damage without the need of coverage.
* Its great Flying and Normal resists allowing resistances allow it to check Pokemon like Mega Salamence, (RH) Yveltal, Rayquaza, Ho-Oh, and Mega Kangaskhan. (RH)
* Has Its 120 base stats across the board, providing options for different sets along with an access to an effective offensive (if you didnt mean this then make it "an effective movepool with recovery etc) move pool movepool as well as recovery (RC) and status-inflicting (RH) moves enable it to run different sets.
* It is hampered by a weakness to common Ground-type attacks as well as being and is also weak to Water-type (RC) and Steel-type attacks.
* When low weakened enough, it can get trapped by Mega Gengar (RH) and revenge KOed by Focus Blast.
* There is an opportunity cost of not being able run another Arceus Forme It takes up your Arceus slot. (kinda don't like opportunity cost here since if you're running Arceus-Rock you've decided it's a better fit for your team than other Arceus formes anyway)
* With a rise in the viability of bulky (RC) and strong Water-types such as Kyogre and Palkia, Arceus-Rock is somewhat less viable in the current metagame.

[SET]
name: Calm Mind Attacker
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Will-O-wisp
move 3: Recover
move 4: Judgment
item: Stone Plate
ability: Multitype
nature: Timid
evs: 248 HP 252 HP / 8 SpA 4 SpA / 252 Spe (no reason to cut HP unless there's some significant KO that 8 SpA gains over 4 SpA)

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=====

* Calm Mind allows Arceus-Rock to work as a win condition wincon as well as providing offensive pressure mid-game.
* Will-o-Wisp Will-O-Wisp provides utility and can cripple Pokemon like Extreme(space)Killer Arceus sets lacking Ground coverage, Mega Kangaskhan, (AC) and Steel-types and Ground-types such as physically offensive Solgaleo, Mega Lucario, (RH) Aegislash, and Arceus-Ground.
* Recover is required to maintain it's Arceus-Rock's longevity, (AC) which is important to check the Pokemon it needs to.
* Despite being walled by the usual stall teams, (i don't understand what you're getting at here) (AC) Rock-type Judgement Judgment, with base 100 power 100 Base Power and no immunities nothing being immune to it, can deal with Flying-type Pokemon like Yveltal, Rayquaza, Mega Salamence, (RH) and Ho-Oh, (AC) which are some of the major offensive threats in the metagame.

Set Details
========

* A Timid nature along with 252 EVs in Speed allows it Arceus-Rock to reach a the highest Speed tier it can, being able to Speed tie with opposing maximum Speed Arceus formes as well as Mega Salamence. (RH)
* 248 252 HP EVs allows it to have maximum maximize Arceus-Rock's bulk, (AC) while staying at an odd max HP value. This which (Arceus-Rock's max HP is not divisible by 8 so there's no reason to go for an odd max HP value) allows allowing it to avoid OHKO from +1 Earthquake from Mega Salamence as well as having greater special bulk after it sets up Calm Mind.
* The remaining 8 EVs 4 EVs (if the full 8 are actually required then yes keep the HP investment as is, but 4 SpA already is enough to OHKO 0/0 Mega Salamence) are invested into its SpA Special Attack, (AC) which allows it to achieve a guaranteed OHKOs against the standard Dragon Dance Mega Salamence set.
* Stone Plate is required for Arceus-Rock to acquire its Rock typing as well as make Judgment a 100-Base Power (AH) Rock-type move.

Usage Tips
========

* Since Calm Mind Arceus formes are somewhat phobic to afraid of status conditions like burn or and poison, Pokemon that are immune to them (such as?) should be used to pivot from Arceus-Rock. ("bring Arceus-Rock in via pivot switches" or "for Arceus-Rock to pivot out", pick one)
* Despite being able to check Ho-Oh, it Arceus-Rock is almost bound to be get burned due to from Sacred Fire after repeatedly switching in. However, though it gets subjected to residual damage, Arceus-Rock can now be used as a status sponge and can switch into status moves.
* Nevertheless, (AC) Earthquake from Choice Band Ho-Oh does 76% maximum, (AC) so it is best to have the status removed as fast as possible, (AC) even though keeping Arceus-Rock's HP above 82% is enough to be able to switch into opposing Ho-Oh and OHKO it them with Judgment.
* Arceus-Rock can also be a switch in against Yveltal but must be wary of the Yveltal + Mega Gengar combo core, (AC) which can easily break through your team by switching in Mega Gengar safely and trapping Arceus-Rock. (AP) even though However, (AC) Mega Gengar will need to hit 2 two Focus Blast to KO Arceus-Rock from full while you can Calm Mind once and then Recover, so keeping Arceus-Rock's health high can stopping (assuming this is what you were going for, rephrased it to be an actual usage tip) Mega Gengar from pulling off it's its shenanigans.
* Attempt to predict switches into Steel-types from the opposing side and go for Will-o-wisp Will-O-Wisp, crippling opposing Ground-, (AH) and Steel-type (AH) Pokemon.
* When left with no choice against opposing Arceus, Arceus-Rock can Speed tie with the standard Extreme Killer Arceus and burn it, (AC) even though it is pretty tough to wall that set since because it normally carries Earthquake as coverage and can OHKO Arceus-Rock at +2.
* Arceus-Rock can sweep with Calm Mind boost only after its checks are weakened or removed from the opposing team. Clicking Calm Mind before that is almost pointless.

Team Options
========

* Primal Groudon is an excellent choice, (AC) as it can check counters to Calm Mind Arceus-Rock, (AC) being such as Primal Kyogre, (RH) Dialga, Solgaleo, Magearna, Unaware Clefable, and Blissey.
* Giratina-O can act as a Defog user, (AC) keeping entry hazards at bay as well as providing a Ground immunity. It also appreciates Pokemon like Yveltal removed from the opposing team, pairing well with Calm Mind Arceus-Rock.
* Dialga can provide hazard support with Stealth Rock and can also check Steel-types like Ferrothorn and Fairy-types such as Clefable.
* Kyogre and Palkia, (AC) with its their very strong Water-type moves, (AC) can deal with the Ground-types Arceus-Rock struggles to face.
* Geomancy Xerneas with Aromatherapy can act as a cleric for the team. It also appreciates having a check to Ho-Oh.
* Shaymin-S pairs well with Arceus-Rock offensively, (AC) as it can deal with Ground-types and Kyogre that typically checks check Arceus-Rock while also appreciating a check to Ho-Oh being Arceus-Rock.
* Offensive Steel-types like Aegislash, Solgaleo, and Magearna, despite the common shared Ground-type weakness, can pair well with Arceus-Rock, (AC) as they appreciate a check to Ho-Oh.
* Zekrom can check Water-types such as Kyogre, (AC) which can easily check Arceus-Rock, making it a decent offensive partner.
* Finally, since Calm Mind Arceus-Rock dislikes status and Taunt, Mega Sableye (RH) can provide anti-status support, making it makes a great supportive partner.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

* Substitute is an option which over Will-O-Wisp that lets Calm Mind Arceus-Rock avoid status and Taunt, (AC) while Refresh can remove status conditions; (SC) however, this leaves Arceus-Rock with no method of crippling Ground-types which Will-o-wisp offered.
* Coverage moves such as Grass Knot and Earth Power are options for hitting Water-types such as Kyogre and for Steel-types like Solgaleo (RC) and Magearna, (AC) but Will-o-wisp Will-O-Wisp is at often times, often more effective and provides more utility.
* Defog is also an option that allows Arceus-Rock to provide support for teams that desperately need entry hazard removal. However, this leaves Arceus-Rock weak to offensive Steel-types and Ground-types such as Aegislash and Zygarde-C.
* Magic Coat is a niche option that it can pull off by bouncing to bounce back status or Taunt.
* A physically offensive set with Rockium Z and Sword Swords Dance will allow Arceus-Rock to punch through bulky Water-types and Primal Groudon; (RH, SC) however, it will have to really on hitting Stone Edge, (AC) which is the only strong physical Rock-type move it gets.
* Running Stealth Rock is also another option, (AC) since having a setter which that also forces out Stealth Rock-weak (AH) Pokemon is nice.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Kyogre and Palkia**: Kyogre and Palkia can easily take Judgement from Arceus-Rock Judgment and retaliate with strong Water-type attacks. Since Kyogre carries Rest, it doesn't care about being burned either.

**Trappers**: Pokemon like Mega Gengar (RH) can easily revenge kill Arceus-Rock if it fallsbelow 61%, while Wobbuffet can greatcreate mind games with Arceus-Rock.

**Clefable and Blissey**: Unaware Clefable and Blissey can easily wall Arceus-Rock with its their ability to ignore stat boosts and sky-high (AH) Special Defense, (AC) respectively.

**Steel-types**: Pokemon such as Dialga, Klefki, Ferrothorn, Magearna, and Bronzong can easily wall Arceus-Rock and hurt it with Toxic or super effective Steel-type moves, (AC) while burning them with Will-O-Wisp will not cripple them much. Other Steel-types like Mega Lucario, (RH) Excadrill, Solgaleo, Genesect, and Mega Scizor (RH) can work against Arceus-Rock, (AC) but they do not like being burnt burned by Will-O-Wisp.

**Zygarde Zygarde-C**: This Pokemon can easily wall Arceus-Rock, cripple it with Toxic, phase phaze it, (AC) out as well as hitting and hit it with for super effective damage.

**Primal Groudon**: (RH) Being immune to burn from Arceus-Rock's Will-o-Wisp, it Will-O-Wisp, Primal Groudon can easily OHKO it with Precipice Blade.

**Arceus-Ground**: Generally, any Arceus forme having type advantage over Arceus-Rock, one of such being Arceus-Ground, (AC) can easily take hits from Arceus-Rock it and easily KO it back with a super effective (RH) Earthquake or Ground-type Judgment.

**Fighting-types**: Strong Fighting-types such as Blaziken, Pheramosa, Pheromosa, Arceus-Fighting, and Mega Lucario can easily check Arceus-Rock, (AC) being able to OHKO it with their assigned, strong Fighting STAB moves.

**Clefable and Blissey**: Unaware Clefable and Blissey can easily wall Arceus-Rock with its ability to ignore stat boosts and sky high special defense respectively. However, if Arceus-Rock turns out to be physical, both of these Pokemon will be inflicted by exposed to a strong physical STAB Stone Edge. (AP, also merge this into the previous clef + bliss bullet please)

**Faster Pokemon with Super Effective Coverage**: Though Pokemon such as Shaymin-S and Mewtwo though they cannot switch in safely against Arceus-Rock, they can KO it once they are on the field.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)