As fast as sound

Please make this team viable for Platinum

Team at a Glance:

Strategy:
To try to take an early lead and slowly attacking plus revenge killing. To finally take the win in the lategame which is my strong point.

In Detail:

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 36 Atk / 220 Spe
Rash nature (+ SpA - SpD)
--Psychic
--Flamethrower
--U-Turn
--Grass Knot

This is my lead and the first out of three scarfers. The whole concept of Scarfed Azelf is so insane. In my opinion it's the best lead in the entire metagame. Fast and strong yet able to resist at least one none STABed move.
Psychic is for the excellent STAB support that every pokemon needs. Flamethrower hits Weavile and generally gives me good support with a 95 base power and is able to hit the evercommon Steel typein the OU metagame. U-turn is necesary to do some damage to pokemon that otherwise entirely laugh at azelf such as Tyranitar.
Grass Knot hits Pokemon such as: Swampert, Hippowdon, Ryperior, Donphan etc.
To show exactly how great this lead is I'll show the top 20 leads and how Azelf deals with them:

1. Azelf: Almost no Azelf is scarfed so I U-turn doing about 70% expecting the Taunt i go to Metagross wich can KO with bullet punch
2. Bronzong: Bronzong, usually when someone uses Gyro Ball or Stealth Rock over Hypnosis on the first turn they usually check if im going to flamethrower and then they switch to heatran in that case i go to Vaporeon to wall it. Otherwise Flamethrower 2HKO's.
3. Tyranitar: U-Turn to metagross wich walls almost every set known to man
4. Gengar: Psychic for the KO only sashed and Timid scarfers screw me over and believe me the scarf versions have appeared once in a few months. So i usually end up winning.
5. Yanmega: Flamethrower KO's and i still outspeed after the boost. only sash screws me.
6. Deoxys-S: U-Turn to metagross wich can easily beat it one on one.
7. Infernape: I usually psychic to activate his sash it SR and then i switch to Vaporeon as it's my best counter
8. Ninjask: Do not use this lead it's insanely bad. Flamethrower for the 1HKO. If it protects i Flamethrower expecting the SD and then i switch to Metagross when the protects comes as i bullet punch for the KO
9. Gyrados: It should switch out by itself fearing Thunderbolt so i U-Turn if he switches i go to the appropriate counter, If he doesn't i go to Vaporeon as it's the best counter.
10. Aerodactyl: As it usually taunts turn one i can Psychic for the 2HKO.
11. Roserade: Psychic or Flamethrower for the KO if sashed i stay in till i wake up as toxic spikes aren't much of a problem.
12. Crobat: Psychic 1HKO's
13. Weavile: Flamethrower near 1HKO's. and they somehow stoped puirsuiting and started SD then i expect the Ice-shard so i go to metagross for the bullet punch.
14. Abamasnow: Flamethrower for the KO.
15. Zapdos: Somewhat troublesome, U-turn to Mamoswine for it to hit it with Stone Edge.
16. Salamence: Usually switch to metagross fearing the Draco-Meteor but lately Yache DD are common.
17. Hippowdon: Grass Knot 2HKO
18. Forretress: Really Occa berry forretress absorbs flamethrower HEATRAN
19. Metagross: Flamethrower 2HKO
20. Heatran: U-Turn to Vaporeon

Been working well.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 Def / 152 HP
Adamant nature (+ Atk - SpA)
--Meteor Mash
--Bullet Punch
--Ice Punch
--Earthquake

My sort of supportive sweeper-wall. It takes hits quite well and hits much harder than most walls. Bullet punch packs a nice little suprise that pays of revenging fragile sweepers such as Gengar. Earthquake is somewhat supportive and hits other Steel types. Meteor Mash is obviously there for it's inmense power and being able to dent almost every pokemon in the game. Ice Punch is fantastic and so underrated on Metagross. On a reasent reaserch physical ice moves were found to be the most powerfull in the OU metagame averaging more damage. Unboosted Garchomps Earthquake can't KO but ice punch does work. Since almost every team these days needs a steel type i thought metagross does the job. It's been working well and it's just a beast. Been working well

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Timid nature (+ Spe - SpA)
--Shadowball
--Thunderbolt
--Hidden Power Ice
--Focus Blast

Scarfer #2. This one guy redifines the whole term of "Speed". Being able to outspeed the entire metagame baring ridicoulisly fast scarfers. This usually apears till the lategame revenge killing. Being able to outspeed Deoxys-S and KO it with a STABed Shadowball. The moves on this guy are pretty obvious, Bolt-Beam combo, STAB Shadowball and Focus Blast for coverage. Been working well

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Def / 88 SpA
Bold nature (+ Def - Atk)
--Surf
--Wish
--Protect
--Hidden Power Electric

I recently discovered how insanly amazing Vaporeon is. It just laughs at Gyrados right in the face. It also counters Heatran quite well. Wish + Protect is such a great combo, Protect is also so amazing to scout choice pokemon and put a complete stop to them. Surf is for the STAB and is much more powerfull than expected. Hidden Power Electric hits other water types and destroy Gyra. just generally completely supportive. Been working well

Heracross @ Choice Scarfer
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Adamant nature
--Close Combat
--Megahorn
--Stone Edge
--Sleep Talk

Scarfer #3. Heracross is extremely important to this team. It's only counter being Gliscor that almost member of this team can take down easily. It's the all important status absorber that blocks stuff like spiritomb from Will-o-Wisping my entire team and also takes sleep well. The power when Guts is activated is increadible. All of the moves on this one are self explainatory Double STAB and the one move that complements them so well (Stone Edge). Been working Well

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 42 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe / 24 SpA
Naughty nature
--Blizzard
--Ice Shard
--Earthquake
--Stone Edge

The mighty Mamoth never fails to work well. Bronzong is the only pokemon capable of walling this insane beast. in the lategame it's just brutal. Blizzard makes a great way to 1HKO Tangrowth, 2HKO Skarmory and 1HKO Gliscor. It also absorbs Thunder Wave's from blissey although it's about 50-50 with toxic and t-wave however i go to mamoswine as heracross cries to T-wave. Ground + Ice is the best attacking combo in the game mamoswine evens get STAB on them both. Been working well.

just lock this

It's funny how no one appears to have even noticed my team thread and just rates everyone elses' at least once. Well on topic, this team looks good and probably is good in battle so again from me, good job.

Okay first of all, this is a pretty good team overall but you seem to be using Azelf as a ScarfNape, which I suggest you replace Azelf for, since it can do a bit more to Azelf with U-Turn and overall defeats those leads so much better in my opinion, and can be used even late game, as it doesn't have an ultimate counter that is common (read: LumGross). I would use the standard spread of 252 SpA / 80 Atk / 176 Spe, Rash, with Choice Scarf. The move set I would use is Overheat, U-Turn, Close Combat, Grass Knot. The also thing I notice is your Metagross is weird and doesn't really fit in with Lefties on it, so I suggest you replace Leftovers with Choice Band for more instant power and it acts the same as well ;)

Scarf-Lead-Moltres completely pwns this team. OHKOs your Scarfers, and can take a hit from both. You only have Vaporeon to resist it, and a STAB Air Slash can hurt it.

Okay first of all, this is a pretty good team overall but you seem to be using Azelf as a ScarfNape, which I suggest you replace Azelf for, since it can do a bit more to Azelf with U-Turn and overall defeats those leads so much better in my opinion, and can be used even late game, as it doesn't have an ultimate counter that is common (read: LumGross). I would use the standard spread of 252 SpA / 80 Atk / 176 Spe, Rash, with Choice Scarf. The move set I would use is Overheat, U-Turn, Close Combat, Grass Knot. The also thing I notice is your Metagross is weird and doesn't really fit in with Lefties on it, so I suggest you replace Leftovers with Choice Band for more instant power and it acts the same as well ;)
but azelf has higher base offensive stats and speed and can switch into swampert. infernape can't switch into swampert. also only STAB fire attacks make infernape more apealing so im good with azelf. And as for metagross the versatility is very important as it is more of a supporter it would be somewhat difficult to run a team with 4 choice pokes

Scarf-Lead-Moltres completely pwns this team. OHKOs your Scarfers, and can take a hit from both. You only have Vaporeon to resist it, and a STAB Air Slash can hurt it.
lets be honest scarflead moltres isn't very common. moltres usually runs stall-tres. and besides i really don't see moltres killing the entire team like you said vaporeon resists it and im not to scared of air-slash on vaporeon

You don't have enough to fall back on when a revenge killer comes in. Nothing can take big hits other than vaporeon, and if your stuck on a move vaporeon will have to a lot of defending and will be warn down in the process. Hard hitting bulky pokemon give this team loads of trouble. To name one, payback machamp.

You don't have enough to fall back on when a revenge killer comes in. Nothing can take big hits other than vaporeon, and if your stuck on a move vaporeon will have to a lot of defending and will be warn down in the process. Hard hitting bulky pokemon give this team loads of trouble. To name one, payback machamp.
mmm this seems interesting. do you have a team with payback machamp. i would want to see what happens so you can chalange me on shoddy

mmm this seems interesting. do you have a team with payback machamp. i would want to see what happens so you can chalange me on shoddy
Yeah, but it is choice band. Was talking about a bulkier version, maybe a resTalker. They are not common, but I think with dynamic punch and payback you could be in trouble.

Just pointing out mate, your hera has 256HP EVs. I really like your team and I can't say much. The only thought is that 3 scarfs may be overkill, but it seems to be your theme, so if you like it and it works, then good luck to you.

Yeah, but it is choice band. Was talking about a bulkier version, maybe a resTalker. They are not common, but I think with dynamic punch and payback you could be in trouble.
when i see a bulky machamp with dynamic punch i usually Wsh + protect to stall dynamic punches pp out. switching to gengar and stuff like that when only payback is left it wont be much of a problem to hera

Just pointing out mate, your hera has 256HP EVs. I really like your team and I can't say much. The only thought is that 3 scarfs may be overkill, but it seems to be your theme, so if you like it and it works, then good luck to you.
thanks and the 252hp was a mistake there in speed

Mamoswine needs 24 SpA EV's to 2HKO Skarmory and Weezing. I would replace Stone Edge on him with Hidden Power [Electric] or [Fire]. HP Electric ko's Gyarados who is a common switch in to Mamoswine, while HP Fire takes down Forretress, another common switch in.

Mamoswine needs 24 SpA EV's to 2HKO Skarmory and Weezing.
No it doesn't, 24 is the spare with the standard spread. All spare EVs on MixMamo should go into Sp. Attack. You need ~ 36 to confirm the 2HKO, but the 64 gives insurance against ones that have Sp. Defense.
I would replace Stone Edge on him with Hidden Power [Electric] or [Fire]. HP Electric ko's Gyarados who is a common switch in to Mamoswine, while HP Fire takes down Forretress, another common switch in.
No it doesn't, HP Electric does 54% - 63% to 212 HP Gyardos while Stone Edge with 252 Attack does 99% - 116%. HP Fire is also dodgy as it's ONLY good for Forretress (Bronzong takes very little from it). Stone Edge also nails Zapdos and is your only real option against Heracross.

This team is incredibly weak to fire. To alleviate this problem and to go with your theme, I suggest replacing Gengar with Scarftran.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
No it doesn't, HP Electric does 54% - 63% to 212 HP Gyardos while Stone Edge with 252 Attack does 99% - 116%.
To be fair, any Gyarados with 212 HP is also going to have 176 Def, so after Intimidate Mamoswine's Stone Edge is actually doing 54.43% - 64.06%. It's still the superior choice though, HP Electric is useless especially when you already have Vaporeon.

Anyway,

So, lets say that while your pinging Choice'd Megahorns and Shadow Balls around, a Lucario with SD/CC/BP/ES switches in. You do realise that's gg beyond any reasonable doubt, right? It would probably be wise to get a ScarfTran of your own as sora13 suggests, as not only can it revenge kill Lucario but it also stops Timid Scarftran's from just completely steamrolling your team once Vaporeon goes down.

I'd consider Explosion over U-Turn on Azelf and Fire Blast over Flamethrower. U-Turn is doing shit damage to the majority of Pokemon, and Flamethrower crucially fails to OHKO Weavile.

pretty fast hum...

if it works fine, good for you, but since 3 of your pokes are scarfed, you are gonna be switching a lot, which may hurt you in a long run. besides your biggest problem is the fact that you can set up, so if you r outpredicted, you are gonna have to switch out, a stall team can drive you insane...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)