Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the difference among the Normal Repel, Super Repel, and Max Repel; what the heck is a Cleanse Tag; and why don't chainers use the Cleanse Tag instead of Repels?

Cleanse Tag is essentially an unlimited Max Repel when it is held by a Level 100 Pokémon (it repels all Pokémon of lower level than the holder).
Have you tested this assertion? I just took a level 100 Tyranitar with a Cleanse Tag for a walk on route 201 and the level 2 bidoofs aren't dissuaded much if at all.

Are you sure it stays Pikachu if it evolves if it's typed like it is ingame (ie all caps)? If it stays and you can't clear it then I'm not sure what else you could do.

Am i getting crazy? On Shoddy! An Timid Starmie with an IV of 4 has 262 speed. An Starmie with an IV of 5, 1 point higher, has 264 speed...

Can someone explaine this?:)

I mean look:

Starmie Timid 0 IV = 258 Speed + 31 IV = 289 + 63 (252 speed ev's) = 352.

While Starmie's max speed is 361..

Am i getting crazy? On Shoddy! An Timid Starmie with an IV of 4 has 262 speed. An Starmie with an IV of 5, 1 point higher, has 264 speed...

I dont really get your point. Its because the nature. Do it with a nature that doesnt hinder or boost and it will go up by 1 everytime, unless I am misunderstanding your question. Also dont double post.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I mean look:

Starmie Timid 0 IV = 258 Speed + 31 IV = 289 + 63 (252 speed ev's) = 352.

While Starmie's max speed is 361..
Multiply the 31+63 by 1.1 (and round down) to account for the nature boost and you will get your missing stat points.

Starmie stat at IV= 4
(2(115)+4+5)*1.1 = 239*1.1 = 262.9 rounded to 262
Starmie stat at IV= 5
(2(115)+5+5)*1.1 = 240*1.1 = 264

I posted in the mark 13 but didn't get to see whether it got answered or not. So I was checking this IV calculator made by X-act/Peterko (I think), and I found out Ruby and Sapphire is easier to breed. Why is this?
Anybody?

From what i remember in the guide, it's easier to breed certain stats because the way HP/def are passed down is different between the two games.

I believe it's because the HP/Def is harder to pass down in R/S/FL/LG, so if you aren't aiming for those stats, its easier.

But there is no way to pass down the nature right? I mean, it could be generated randomly but..anything that helps ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)