Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
if im breeding for a pokemon with iv's 30+/x/31/25+/31/25+ is it better to use a parent with x/x/x/31/31/31 or 31/x31/x/31/x because i heard hp and defence were harder to inherit than the rest

You have to be more Specific like what stats are you going for?

Anyways im going to guess you want Hp and defence have a mother with 31 Hp or Def and have a Father with 31 Hp or Defence so if the father had the Hp your mother should have the defence Ivs and Vice Versa right when yuor just about to get your egg save, then get it hatch it after more then 5000 steps and use an IV calculator to see what kinds of Ivs it will get if you have 100% which only ocurs when you have a Stat that is 31 perfect. Battle tower is a good place to check the IVs of that pokemon since it will be lvl 50 if you don't get wat you want reset and then get the egg again the nature will be the same but the Ivs will be different

You have to be more Specific like what stats are you going for?

Anyways im going to guess you want Hp and defence have a mother with 31 Hp or Def and have a Father with 31 Hp or Defence so if the father had the Hp your mother should have the defence Ivs and Vice Versa right when yuor just about to get your egg save, then get it hatch it after more then 5000 steps and use an IV calculator to see what kinds of Ivs it will get if you have 100% which only ocurs when you have a Stat that is 31 perfect. Battle tower is a good place to check the IVs of that pokemon since it will be lvl 50 if you don't get wat you want reset and then get the egg again the nature will be the same but the Ivs will be different
Do you do any research before you post? For one, as was said in the post that you responded to, HP and Defense are harder to pass down. Secondly, the battle tower doesn't level you up. The only thing you really got right was how to SR the egg.

Do you do any research before you post? For one, as was said in the post that you responded to, HP and Defense are harder to pass down. Secondly, the battle tower doesn't level you up. The only thing you really got right was how to SR the egg.
That is what i mean't for the battle tower i know you don't lvl up there! and reseting the game will restart at the point where he was going to get the egg so he can get it again in hopes of better Ivs and the battle tower will show where the pokemon's Ivs are headed to... I did my research!!

That is what i mean't for the battle tower i know you don't lvl up there! and reseting the game will restart at the point where he was going to get the egg so he can get it again in hopes of better Ivs and the battle tower will show where the pokemon's Ivs are headed to... I did my research!!
So how exactly does the battle tower "show where the Pokemon's IVs are headed to"? And I AGREED with you on the saving before getting the egg.

2 Questions if that is aloud?
1- Why did you take hack checker thread off? if so can we start a new one? Thanks
2-In competitive battles can I use my mew, or other ubers? Thanks!

THANKS!

1- Why did you take hack checker thread off? if so can we start a new one?
That thread was removed when we introduced the new policy on hacking, which is basically, don't hack unless its undetectable and don't discuss hacking.

2-In competitive battles can I use my mew, or other ubers?
Not in 99% of battles but some people like playing ubers and there is an ubers ladder on Shoddy now.

during my 2nd time through pokemon diamond, ive gotten the same riolu both times

its the one from riley's egg, and it has an impish nature which sucks

right when it was about to hatch, i saved, restarted and hatched it over and over but it still was impish
and some iv calculator told me that its special attack iv is a 2, which is horrible
is there anyway to get a better riolu pre-elite 4, because i have a male and cant breed it without getting a ditto first ?

It doesn't matter if you save/restart after you get the egg. The nature/gender/ability/IV's are set once you get the egg.

i would do that except my ds cant connect to wifi for some reason
like i could be sitting in a mcdonalds where it says wifi connection here but i still cant connect

anyways, how bad is a low iv anyway?
it says my attack iv is like 25 while my special attack iv is a 4, yet they're 8 points away on my level 23 lucario, which i think has about the same base stats in special attack and attack

Well you gotta get the connection settings first before you can connect.. and personally what I did was just run through the game with crappy nature/iv'ed pokes and re-breed them when I got the dittos.

ive never bred before, but if i do breed, how likely is it that the egg will have good ivs and natures, or ive gotta breed like 20 times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)