Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumpluff has chlorophill and crobat is a little sturdier than ninkask and has access to taunt.

@Age of Kings: we had this thread about foreign metagames, but I don't know if it's what you are looking for.
That was the thread that triggered my curiosity in the first place. Hmm... If I check it again, I may find a link, though... Here's hoping!

@Kaito:

IIRC, the ability will only have the 50% chance to change if the pokemon got a new ability in D/P/P. For example, a clefairy evolving into clefable in D/P/P has a 50% chance at getting magic guard. However, since magneton had sturdy and magnet pull in RSE, it doesn't have the chance to change its ability upon evolution in D/P/P.

I am not totally sure about what I just said, you should probably confirm with someone who really knows what they're talking about before taking any risks.

I've started taking up chaining recently, and I've come into a bit of a problem. My chain has been breaking occasionally even though it's the pokemon I've been chaining.

It's only happened a couple times, but it's annoying. Can anyone help?

Question: If you KO/run from/get KO'd by Dialga/Palkia at Spear Pillar, is it still there afterward? I've heard several contradicting responses from various websites.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Question: If you KO/run from/get KO'd by Dialga/Palkia at Spear Pillar, is it still there afterward? I've heard several contradicting responses from various websites.
I'm pretty sure they will go away just like all the other legends. But if you save before you face them you won't have to worry about KO'ing or being KOed be the dragons.

EDIT:What is being tested next? Manaphy?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm getting a 500 - Internal Server Error when I try to view the StrategyDex, will this problem clear up by itself?

on a snorlax wich attack is better and why? Bodyslam or Return?
If you like the chance to paralyze, Body Slam is better. If you want to hurt your enemy more, Return is better. It depends on what set you're running as well. If it's a curse set, you'll probably be so slow even a paralyzed enemy will outspeed you. If it's a CB set, Body Slam might be better for supporting your team.

If you like the chance to paralyze, Body Slam is better. If you want to hurt your enemy more, Return is better. It depends on what set you're running as well. If it's a curse set, you'll probably be so slow even a paralyzed enemy will outspeed you. If it's a CB set, Body Slam might be better for supporting your team.
actually its not for singles its my doubleteam showdown snorlax with bellydrum. and i thoguht returns power is 70 at max love.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
actually its not for singles its my doubleteam showdown snorlax with bellydrum. and i thoguht returns power is 70 at max love.
Return's max power 102. I think you're confusing it with a Pokemon's base happiness when they're traded/Pal Parked or something.

IMO Return or Double Edge > Body Slam because you might end up helping a Trick Room team by paralyzing them

Return hits a power of 102. If it's max was 70, it wouldn't even be debatable.

I would go with Return. From my understanding the battles are really quick, and if you did to get paralysis (30% rate), there's not much you can do to capalize on it (especially at +6 where you'll most likely kill them next turn anyways). The increased Base Power of Return will work better.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
\

K, here's a better question:

I'm new to Metalkid's IV calc.
How many levels should I enter stats for if I start from level 1 and get it up with rare candies... (0 EVs)?
3 or 4 should be good enough. If anything, it'll give you 2 IVs, which means you need 1 more.

A pokemon with Pokerus holding a Power Bracer that defeats a wild Kricitune will receive 12 EVs in Attack, right?

4+2=6*2=12

It works like that, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)