Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's supposed to be 4 EVs equals 1 stat point, meaning the remaining 2 EVs would accomplish nothing. But I'm not sure that still holds after taking natures into account.
Just to hammer it home, the extra 2 EVs affect nothing, including a differentiated final total.

I have run through the damage formula and its various parts in the article on the Smogon homepage...but it says nothing about factoring in Items like the Plates, Muscle Band, Wise Glasses, etc.

Also, my knowledge of applying percents is sketchy, is the power of the move multiplied or divided by the percentage number? For example. A Muscle Band using Cacturne with Sucker Punch. It gains 10% for the attack's Physical affiliation + the STAB Multiplier.

How is that factored into the damage formula?

I'm trying to breed a lopunny with charm but buneary is either klutz or run away. So how does it work when it evolves, run away becomes charm, and klutz stays klutz or when it evolves it can change to either charm or klutz regardless of what it was before?

multiply by 1.1 for the Muscle Band and then again by 1.5 for STAB.
so multiply whatever damage you get by 1.65
So. Assuming no EVs and Perfect IVs on Cacturne for example, with Sucker Punch against LO Starmie...

((((2 • 100/5+2) • 289 • 80/206)/50)+2) • 1.5 • 2 • 85-100/100
(((42 • 289 • 80/206)/50)+2) • 1.5 • 2 • 85-100/100
((4714/50)+2) • 1.5 • 2 • 85-100/100
(94.28+2) • 1.5 • 2 • 85-100/100
96.28 • 1.5 • 2 • 85-100/100
288.84 • 85-100/100
24551.4-28884/100 • 1.1 = ~318 Damage

So in a Trick Room team, Caturne with Muscle Band using Sucker Punch with no EVs utterly atomizes it... *Whistles and imagines the possibilities.*

P.S.: Did I do that calculation correctly in the absence of other factors?

Hi guys, I need help with something
You know how there are moves that lower your stats like Scary Face and Growl?
Well can someone tell me how much the stats get lowered by?
From what I can gather, it works like this
Moves that lower a stat by 1 stage decreases the stat by 25% and moves that lower a stat by 2 stages halve the stat
But i've been told thats not how it works so can someone help me?

oh, also 1 more question
How much does the ability intimidate lower the atk stat by?

Moves that lower a stat by 1 stage decreases the stat by 25% and moves that lower a stat by 2 stages halve the stat

oh, also 1 more question
There's an article here on smogon that explains stat boosts and reductions in great detail: http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/stats

The articles section has a lot of useful information, so I recommend checking it out first if you have any questions in the future.

Does the stat formula,

apply a floor function to the outermost brackets prior to multiplying by the nature then?
But, look. (EV/4). It's written into your formula. You can't divide two by four. This formula is designed to round down at each stage, like the damage formula.

The rounding is at that stage you think? But level/100 obviously isn't rounded. So we don't have rounding everywhere.

It doesn't make a difference at level 100. But at lower levels, it might. I tried to check but my spreadsheet isn't bracket-highlighting which makes things a nightmare.

The rounding is at that stage you think? But level/100 obviously isn't rounded. So we obviously don't have rounding everywhere.

It doesn't make a difference at level 100. But at lower levels, it might. I tried to check but my spreadsheet isn't bracket-highlighting which makes things a nightmare.
Well, anyway you flip it, those 2 EVs make no difference in standard play.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Smogon strategy Pokèdex said:
We'll take a generic Water-type, give it crummy stats EVERYWHERE except for Speed, give him a trait that doubles his Speed in the rain and the option to use Agility and call it a day. Luvdisc is great if you're playing with Battle Timeout, because its mere presence should cause your opponent to laugh at it for so long that you win the match.
Seriously, if you want to make a themed team it's ok, but Luvdisc is probaby the worst Pokemon ever, and if you want a NU rain sweeper, then Floatzel, Huntail and Qwilfish are what you're looking for.

I'm trying to breed a lopunny with charm but buneary is either klutz or run away. So how does it work when it evolves, run away becomes charm, and klutz stays klutz or when it evolves it can change to either charm or klutz regardless of what it was before?
Klutz stays as Klutz and Run Away turns into Cute Charm.

Edit: @DJXO9 I think Leftovers is [number divisible by 16] + 1 and Life Orb is [number divisible by 10] - 1 because everything rounds down.

oh, also 1 more question
Stats are lowered in "stages". Any stat can be increased/decreased by a maximum of 6 stages. See the "chart" below if you don't want to listen to mathsy stuff.

Each stage of increase adds half of the stat. So, one stage has multiplier 1.5x. Two stages has 2x. Three is 2.5x, and so on.

Each stage of decrease divides by the equivalent multiplier. So while one stage of decrease means 1.5x, one stage of decrease has multiplier 1/1.5 = 2/3 = 66.67%. Two stages has 1/2 = 50%, as you accurately gathered. Three stages is 1/2.5 = 2/5 = 40%

For anyone that can't be bothered doing the math...

+6: 400%
+5: 350%
+4: 300%
+3: 250%
+2: 200%
+1: 150%
0: 100%
-1: 66.67%
-2: 50%
-3: 40%
-4: 33.33%
-5: 28.57%
-6: 25%

Intimidate is one stage of decrease, so an Intimidated Pokemon has 66.67% Atk initially.

When something says "sharply" like Scary Face, it means 2 stages. So a Pokemon hit by Scary Face has 50% Spe. A pokemon that uses Swords Dance has 200% atk. And so on.

DJX09 said:
What are the HP requirements for a Leftovers or Life Orb number? I know it for Stealth Rock, just not those two.
For optimal HP, remember everything is rounded DOWN in Pokemon. Life Orb divides by 10. So, for Life Orb, 309 HP means 30 recoil damage, same as 305 or 300. 310, however, gives 31 recoil damage, so if that was in your range you'd take 309.

Leftovers divides by 16. So, you won't get any extra healing until you hit a higher multiple of 16. 304 would give the same health (19 HP) as 319, but 320 would give 1 more.

Using the same information, if you want a Pokemon to be able to put up 4 Subs without dying, you don't want a number divisible by 4. However, if you want to trigger a pinch berry after 3 Subs instead of 4, you'll need HP divisible by 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)