Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DDRMaster: The thing is, if you're relying on Stone Edge to 2HKO, you will fail 34% of the time. (Taking into account the critical hit chance). Frankly, that's pretty rubbish.

So really, Stone Edge only reliably gets you Mamoswine and 252/252 Gyarados. On the flipside, you badly increase your risk of NOT OHKOing and 2HKOing the threats mentioned by Crunchatize Me.

So it's going to come down to want you want to do. Does you want a rather shaky way to deal with all the things DDRMaster mentioned, or would you rather more solidly deal with the smaller list of things Crunchatize Me mentioned.

Which option to choose depends both on the rest of the team, and on how much you like to gamble - which is a personal preference.

On Azelf's Nasty Plot set, is there an alternate move for Grass Knot / HP[Fighting]? Like Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Substitute..

Thunderbolt is generally a good move, but doesn't offer better type coverage over Azelf's other attacks. However, Thunderbolt does let you hurt Gyarados and Togekiss. Shadow Ball hits its fellow Psychics. Hidden Power Ice is relatively weak, but easily OHKOes Salamence provided it has at least a 10% boost.
*Taken straight from the analysis.

All you had to do was read the "Other Options" section

Is it correct that the lottery checks your whole PC boxes? And what changes the numbers drawn? And has anyone found a way to RNG abuse for it?

Is it correct that the lottery checks your whole PC boxes? And what changes the numbers drawn? And has anyone found a way to RNG abuse for it?
It checks all of the Pokemon currently in your possesion, excluding any Pokemon given to the GTS. I don't think anyone has attempted a RNG on it.

this is probably the wrong place to ask but can i get some help with how to rng abuse every time i read the articles i get lost about 3 quarters through just the calabration steps and would like some help figuring out how to rng abuse

im trying to hatch a shiny via rng abuse, but it's not working. I keep getting everything wrong, when im positive that all my taps and flips are correct. RNGReporter says my SID is 07768, while I calculated it out to be 7770. Any suggestions? I follow the instructions all the way through and I still don't know where I'm messing up. Do I need to click out of the coin flip app after I'm done? If I enter a building, does it mess up my IRNG?

any help would definitely be appreciated!

nevermind, i finally did it!

Why was a thread I had taken hours to finish just the first post of been deleted without notification?

To say the least, I am a little put off by this. It was a fully legitimate, well-made post that took me hours to complete the calculations for (factoring in distractions and taking the time to calculate everything using my computer's calculator as well as MetalKid's Damage Calculator to put up mine against his.).

So it was in support of an NU Pokemon (Primeape), why is that a bad thing when I was trying to be diverse?

Why was a thread I had taken hours to finish just the first post of been deleted without notification?

To say the least, I am a little put off by this. It was a fully legitimate, well-made post that took me hours to complete the calculations for (factoring in distractions and taking the time to calculate everything using my computer's calculator as well as MetalKid's Damage Calculator to put up mine against his.).

So it was in support of an NU Pokemon (Primeape), why is that a bad thing when I was trying to be diverse?
I don't think anyone here can answer that. Contact one of this section's mods, maybe.

My friend's team is:

Lead Heatran, SD Lucario, ScarfJirachi, Latias, SD Gliscor, and Dusknoir.

What team could beat this team? Is there a weakness that I could Exploit?

I can't give you any specific team to beat it, but I can give you some options. Tyranitar can take down Heatran with Superpower/Low Kick and Dusknoir and Latias with Pursuit. Late game, SubPetaya Empoleon seems like it could deal some damage, same with DD Gyarados with Ice Fang. You want to exploit his two 4x Ice weaknesses, and 3 Ground weaknesses.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Scarf Magnezone can eliminate 2-3\6 of that team with little prediction. After you've eliminated Jirachi you can sweep that team with DD Gyarados.

This probably belongs in another forum, but what is a CRE on the Standard Ladder high enough so people won't treat you as a n00b? I heard having a rating of 1337 (leet, of course) is the boundary line, but could someone give me some clarification? Thanks.

This probably belongs in another forum, but what is a CRE on the Standard Ladder high enough so people won't treat you as a n00b? I heard having a rating of 1337 (leet, of course) is the boundary line, but could someone give me some clarification? Thanks.
IMHO rating is meaningless, because of the prevalence of alts. People will treat you like a n00b if you battle or speak like a n00b. I've never even encountered anyone making reference to anyone else's CRE.

By my opponent and I talking, and me realizing how haxy that battle was, I actually am withdrawing my request for a format. And now to ladder til a good one comes. =)

Did the extremely long Heavy Offense thread get deleted?

EDIT: Gah, no it didn't, it's right under my nose at the bottom of the first page. :-S

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Just my opinion. But, I say at least 1500 constitutes a "skilled" player. Getting lucky in battles can and will only carry one so far.

1500 is a good benchmark for skill level I agree.

Now I have a question. I have a Celebi with U-turn. Is it viable to run 0 Sped IVs and a hindering nature so that it always takes the hit for my sweeper, or would the speed be better?

1500 is a good benchmark for skill level I agree.

Now I have a question. I have a Celebi with U-turn. Is it viable to run 0 Sped IVs and a hindering nature so that it always takes the hit for my sweeper, or would the speed be better?
Depends on the bulk of Celebi and sweeper, and what else you are using it for. However, I would consider making sure you are not outsped by Major threats to Celebi, unless you want it to die.

I just got back into My Pokémon Ranch, and I kind of want that mew from it. At the moment I have 250 pokemon in it and about 20 more on my pearl game ( I transfered over the 250) is there a better way to get more Pokémon it it? I was thinking of starting my quest to finish my Nat. Dex but IDK if im bored enough to do that lol. I was thinking of hatching magikcarps since they have really low hatch times and I have the chance of a shiny one. Is this a good plan?

EDIT: Also I mean jsut to fill it up a bit.. Im NOT trying to get 999 from Magikarps lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)