Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@veedub08: Serebii.net is your best resource for in-game questions like that. Check their Torterra entry in their Pokedex.

Why wasn't Acid Rain ever implemented in Shoddy Battle?

How can my Torterra learn Wood Hammer, in Platinum..
Go to the Move Relearner in Pastoria City. It'll cost you a Heart Scale, which you can dig up in the Underground.

@veedub08: Serebii.net is your best resource for in-game questions like that. Check their Torterra entry in their Pokedex.

More than likely because it's a glitch, and despite Shoddy and Smogon wanting to recreate the in-game battling experience as fully as possible, there was probably some debate on whether or not this should be extended to an obviously unintended effect.

I've heard that it'll be implemented on Shoddy 2 and be regulated by an "Acid Rain clause," but don't hold me to that.

Also, I find Bulbapedia to be more helpful than Serebii.

Go to the Move Relearner in Pastoria City. It'll cost you a Heart Scale, which you can dig up in the Underground.

More than likely because it's a glitch, and despite Shoddy and Smogon wanting to recreate the in-game battling experience as fully as possible, there was probably some debate on whether or not this should be extended to an obviously unintended effect.

I've heard that it'll be implemented on Shoddy 2 and be regulated by an "Acid Rain clause," but don't hold me to that.

Thanks for the tip, and i'll check out the other sites for similar questions, im new here so i dont know where to post most of questions. thanks

I know for a fact that there was a MASSIVE debate over it. What I don't know is why it came to the conclusion that we shouldn't have Acid Rain, especially with such authorities as Obi advocating Acid Rain's usage.

I know for a fact that there was a MASSIVE debate over it. What I don't know is why it came to the conclusion that we shouldn't have Acid Rain, especially with such authorities as Obi advocating Acid Rain's usage.
Probably for the same reason we have the Uber/BL tiers; it just probably wouldn't have done anything positive for the metagame.

What happens to EVs if more than one Pokemon in my party has an Exp Share? (As is easily done by cloning or trading). Does the behaviour differ between Emerald and Platinum?

Can someone please give me a link?
I'll be searching for it right now, but for future reference, that sounds like a thread he would have created himself, which you can search for on his profile.

Just telling you that, because there's no guarantee I won't get lost in the pile of awesome that are X-Act's statistics threads.

EDIT: Damn you, Frogbandit! Oh well, definitely time to go dig through some stats anyways.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I am pretty sure it will be implemented in Shoddy Battle 2. The reason it likely wasn't put in Shoddy 1 was because Colin was already working on SB2 at the time.

When I give vitamins to UT pokemon, the EV's immediately change the relevant stats, right?

Reworded: When you use vitamins, do the stat boosts immediately take effect, or when you level up?

When I give vitamins to UT pokemon, the EV's immediately change the relevant stats, right?

Reworded: When you use vitamins, do the stat boosts immediately take effect, or when you level up?
They immediately take effect, as long as you deposit the Pokémon in the PC and take it back out first.

Hey guys, I've got a very rough draft of an OU team I'm liking the concept of so far. It's five Pokemon as of now:

- Aerodactyl (Taunt lead)
- Gyarados (LODD)
- Flygon (Scarf)
- Heatran (Scarf)
- Lanturn (Thunder Wave Special Wall)

At the moment I notice that CM Latias in particular could be problematic. Flygon can obviously revenge kill it but that locks him into Outrage and lets them play a switching game on him while he's vulnerable.

Could you guys point out any problems I've got so far Pokemon wise, and possibly suggest options for my sixth and/or replacements for already existing guys to keep the same general idea while ridding myself of some problems?

Hey guys, I've got a very rough draft of an OU team I'm liking the concept of so far. It's five Pokemon as of now:

- Aerodactyl (Taunt lead)
- Gyarados (LODD)
- Flygon (Scarf)
- Heatran (Scarf)
- Lanturn (Thunder Wave Special Wall)

At the moment I notice that CM Latias in particular could be problematic. Flygon can obviously revenge kill it but that locks him into Outrage and lets them play a switching game on him while he's vulnerable.

Could you guys point out any problems I've got so far Pokemon wise, and possibly suggest options for my sixth and/or replacements for already existing guys to keep the same general idea while ridding myself of some problems?
You can add a Tyranitar or Scarf Jirachi if you're having problems with Latias.

Btw, this thread is only for simple questions. There's a "Rate My Team" section. You can post an RMT of your team there and get better help.

You can add a Tyranitar or Scarf Jirachi if you're having problems with Latias.

Btw, this thread is only for simple questions. There's a "Rate My Team" section. You can post an RMT of your team there and get better help.
Eh, I was figuring since I'm not able to make complex teams yet (reflected by the 5/6 I just posted) it'd be overly simple. I didn't want to clutter up the RMT forum with it.

Eh, I was figuring since I'm not able to make complex teams yet (reflected by the 5/6 I just posted) it'd be overly simple. I didn't want to clutter up the RMT forum with it.
Definitely the right idea; the RMT would get locked right away for being incomplete and for not being played with yet.

Just to make sure:

If I Level a EV-trained Pokemon to 100 by Daycare/Rare Candys most of the EV won't have an Effect, right? Do th EVs come into Effect after Depositing at the Box? Or are they lost forever?

Greetings, Araiguma

The EVs will work just fine. Stats are calculated from EVs (and IVs, Nature, and Base Stats) whenever a Pokemon levels up, is removed from a PC box, or is given an EV reducing berry. (I'm not sure if Vitamins have an immediate effect also). You can do your EV training whenever you like, as long as you finish before the Pokemon reaches level 100 - level 100s don't gain any EVs in battle. Whether you get all the EVs at low level and then Rare Candy/Daycare up, or level up to whatever first so you can easily KO the stuff you're EV training on, makes no difference to the end result.

I've got a question.
For some pokemon (e.g. Breloom), the smogon sets recommend that you pump up the the defense (impish nature, 252 HP/252 Def) but with nothing done to the special defense, or the other way round. I was wondering why this is so. Wouldn't it allow the opponent can exploit this weakness?

I've got a question.
For some pokemon (e.g. Breloom), the smogon sets recommend that you pump up the the defense (impish nature, 252 HP/252 Def) but with nothing done to the special defense, or the other way round. I was wondering why this is so. Wouldn't it allow the opponent can exploit this weakness?
Maybe due to tier, and what moves are commonly used in tier, will they decide what EV's should be allocated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)