Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Arena Trap and Shadow Tag work in Doubles with both foe's pokemon?

Also, does protect block Perish Song?

As you can notice, i'm trying to do a Perish Song team for the VGC :P

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does Arena Trap and Shadow Tag work in Doubles with both foe's pokemon?

Also, does protect block Perish Song?

As you can notice, i'm trying to do a Perish Song team for the VGC :P
Shadow Tag blocks all opponents from escaping, you don't need Arena Trap. The only way to be immune from Perish Song is with the ability Soundproof.

I have A Dialga With Quiet Nature What Item Should I give it"? I gave it life orb and so far so good
Life Orb is a fine option, as are other various damage-boosting items. However, it all comes down to what your moveset is - with a Quiet nature, you will want to be running a hard-hitting Mixed set of some sort.

Shadow Tag blocks all opponents from escaping, you don't need Arena Trap. The only way to be immune from Perish Song is with the ability Soundproof.
would soundproof only give immunity to the pokemon with the ability or does it count for the team mate too

also i can't rember or not if it goes through protect?

would soundproof only give immunity to the pokemon with the ability or does it count for the team mate too

also i can't rember or not if it goes through protect?
Only the Soundproof Pokemon avoids the Perish Song. Its ally hears it just fine.

And it gets through Protect.

Wow...
I haven't EV'd in so long, that I can't remember the answer to this question o.O
If I 'mon has Pokerus while I'm EV training...
Do I double the EV's BEFORE the Power Item or after?
Ex:
Killed a Genger = 3 SpA
w/ Pokerus = 6 SpA
w/ Power Item = 10 SpA

OR

Killed a Genger = 3 SpA
w/Power Item = 7 SpA
w/ Pokerus = 14 SpA

A lil help would be nice :3

Wow...
I haven't EV'd in so long, that I can't remember the answer to this question o.O
If I 'mon has Pokerus while I'm EV training...
Do I double the EV's BEFORE the Power Item or after?
Ex:
Killed a Genger = 3 SpA
w/ Pokerus = 6 SpA
w/ Power Item = 10 SpA

OR

Killed a Genger = 3 SpA
w/Power Item = 7 SpA
w/ Pokerus = 14 SpA

A lil help would be nice :3
Pokérus is applied last, always.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
What set should be used on a anti- lead starmie?

should it just go with simple timid, max speed, max special attack holding sash and risk the speed tie with azelf? or should it trick scarf? hold rapid spin?

I was trying to think what to use, but got to thinking that empoleon my just do it better + it has the ability to get up rocks. but its raped by the rare infernape lead.
Most anti-lead Starmies are Life Orbed with Hydro Pump, Rapid Spin, Grass Knot, and another move (Thunderbolt or Ice Beam).

I have A Dialga With Quiet Nature What Item Should I give it"? I gave it life orb and so far so good
Check the Mixed Attacker set on Smogon. It says that you should give it either an Expert Belt or a Life Orb.

Possible, yes. Practical, no. Such a spread, like all quint 30+ spreads, will take days to turn up.
On an emulator using save states, it would be possible. But I personally wouldn't consider the result legit anyway.
Maybe if you were to combine the patience of a saint, with an electronically timed button pressing robot of some sort, you could get one. But to be honest, you're probably better off holding out for HGSS, and RNGing for a Lati there.

Can the Rotom formes, Shaymin sky form, and Giratina origin form be used on wifi if both players are using either Pokemon version of Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver? For now, I know that all of the above special forms of Pokemons cannot be used against other player who are using Diamond or Pearl version. I really want to know the answer.

If a Pokémon is has no physical attacks, would it be best for it to have a 0 (or otherwise low) IV in Attack to minimize Confusion damage, or a 31 (or otherwise high) IV in Attack to maximize Struggle damage? Neither of these is very practical, but I'm just wondering if it matters in the slightest, since I can get either with practically the same difficulty via RNG.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can the Rotom formes, Shaymin sky form, and Giratina origin form be used on wifi if both players are using either Pokemon version of Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver? For now, I know that all of the above special forms of Pokemons cannot be used against other player who are using Diamond or Pearl version. I really want to know the answer.
They cannot be used on wifi without an AR.

If a Pokémon is has no physical attacks, would it be best for it to have a 0 (or otherwise low) IV in Attack to minimize Confusion damage, or a 31 (or otherwise high) IV in Attack to maximize Struggle damage? Neither of these is very practical, but I'm just wondering if it matters in the slightest, since I can get either with practically the same difficulty via RNG.
Confusion is more likely to happen then struggle, so I'd suggest a low IV.

Are Milotic and Cresselia perfectly usable in OU?
It depends on how you're defining 'perfectly usable'. You can use Cresselia and Milotic to some degree of success in OU, but obviously they have fallen out of favor by most players for generally better options.

Players can use those formes only on local wireless battles. Sorry :(

Also, which spread is best on a Snow Cloak abusing Froslass? The analysis has like 32 HP/224 Sp.Atk/252 Speed, but I've seen 248 HP/228 Def/32 Spd circulating... Which spread is better for an OU Hail Team, as Froslass would act as a spin-blocker and spiker?

Also, which spread is best on a Snow Cloak abusing Froslass? The analysis has like 32 HP/224 Sp.Atk/252 Speed, but I've seen 248 HP/228 Def/32 Spd circulating... Which spread is better for an OU Hail Team, as Froslass would act as a spin-blocker and spiker?
The more defensive spread would be better.

When I use Dual screens with Light Clay does the 8 turns only last for the pokemon holding Light Clay or all the other Pokemon on my team.

EDIT: Thank you Haunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)