Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

two things

does anyone know where i an find someone with a spare poke with pokerus?

and where can i go to find a person who can do the battle frontier with me?
Try the Wi-fi forums.

Slowking (Ability X) and Slaking (Ability Y) are sent out, and Slowking uses Skill Swap on Slaking, now Slowking has Y and Slaking has X. If I were to switch out Slowking and send it back into battle, will it have Ability X or Ability Y? What about if I withdraw Slaking, then send it back out next turn. Is Slaking's ability going to be Y or X?

Basically: Are the effects of Skill Swap canceled when the Pokemon in question are switched out of battle?
Someone else already answered this, but I'd like to offer this suggestion: instead of withdrawing and sending your Slowking back out, why not just have Slowking use Skill Swap on an enemy? You rid your Slaking AND Slowking of Truant, and curse your ENEMY with it! :naughty:

If I breed a Bagon (male) that knows Dragon Dance & Hydro PUmp with a Charmander (female) that knows Scratch and Growl will I get a charmander baby that knows DD?

I'd say HP ice so you can hit Ground, Grass and Dragon types for nice coverage.
Altaria is the only Dragon that operates in UU and there are no dragons in NU. Except maybe for some NFEs. Pikachu really can't perform in OU anyway, even with Light Ball.

With that in mind, I'd op for HP Grass. Allowing you to hit things like Lanturn and Quagsire hard, who'd otherwise wall the hell out of the yellow rat.

-------------------

Is there a way to circumvent the waiting period for some Pokémon (eg: Riolu, Bagon) in Johto's Safari Zone?

If we aren't including Altaria then, It is still worth it for hitting hitting light ground types such as sandslash or for hitting ever so common Vensaur for SE.

Is the YawnPunching strategy (Yawn to force switches, then Focus Punch) still used any more in OU?

EDIT: Also, is there any website where I can put in two attacks and get a "Venn Diagram" of the pokemon that can learn one or both of them?

Ubermensch:

I've created a Move Checker that lets you check the legality of moves, even combinations of two or more moves, although it doesn't create a Venn diagram.

http://upokecenter.com/data/movechecker.php

To check which Pokemon can learn moves, leave the "Pokemon" field blank and enter one or more moves in "Move 1", "Move 2", and so on.

Am I correct in assuming that since Regigigas' Slow Start halves its attack and speed for five turns they are essentially lowered two stages?

I need to know if Slow Start takes stat changes into effect. For example, if I pass a swords dance and an agility to Regigigas, would it switch into the battle as if nothing happened(+2 from swords dance and +2 from agility cancelling out the -2 atk and spe from slow start)? Or would Slow Start negate the stat changes passed to Regigigas and halve its original stats? Please help! :)

Stupido:

That's incorrect. The Attack and Speed reduction is not a stat stage reduction like Intimidate or Cotton Spore, but is a separate and distinct effect to the Pokemon's Attack and Speed.

Swords Dance and Agility double the Speed, but Slow Start's effect halves the Attack and Speed. The two effects cancel each other out and Regigigas now has normal Attack and Speed.

I am trying to breed Surf and Rapid Spin onto a Tentacool using a Starmie as the move partner. They are both in the same Egg Group together, yet when I go to check on the compatibility, the most the Day-Care Man says is: "They seem to play with other pokemon more than each other."

Does this mean that they cannot breed together and that I have to find another Pokemon with Rapid Spin in the same Egg Group? So far the only pokemon in Water Group 3 with Rapid Spin is Staryu/Starmie and Anorith (Which learns it by Egg move as well.)

I am trying to breed Surf and Rapid Spin onto a Tentacool using a Starmie as the move partner. They are both in the same Egg Group together, yet when I go to check on the compatibility, the most the Day-Care Man says is: "They seem to play with other pokemon more than each other."

Does this mean that they cannot breed together and that I have to find another Pokemon with Rapid Spin in the same Egg Group? So far the only pokemon in Water Group 3 with Rapid Spin is Staryu/Starmie and Anorith (Which learns it by Egg move as well.)
Starmie is genderless, and so can only breed with Ditto.

Starmie is genderless.

Kabuto(ps) is the father you're looking for. It'll still involve chain breeding though (Squirtle (+) - Kabuto -> Kabuto + Tentacool).

What happens if, you make a Pokémon in HG/SS hold an Apricorn ball (such as a Heavy Ball), and trade it to D/P/Pt? Because, for my Pearl competitive team, I plan on using a Heatran. I'll keep resetting until I get one with a Naive nature and good IVs, and I realize that Heavy Balls are the best type of Ball for catching Heatran, because it's a +40 modifier to the catch rate. The only better Ball would be the Master Ball, but I don't wanna use that on Heatran. So, can I trade an Apricorn ball to D/P/Pt?

dusk ball works too, due to it being in a cave. It will not let you trade it over, because it isnt programmed into the earlier games

Surf isn't a useful egg move; its an HM.

Aww, looks like I'm forced to use my Master Ball on Heatran now...at 1 HP and asleep, Heatran has a 33.697% chance of being caught in a Heavy Ball. With a Dusk Ball, the chance is only 8.181%, and with an Ultra Ball, a 4.367% chance. Guess I'll just have to keep Master Balling Heatran until I get a Naive one with good IVs.

two questions:

1: how does the ability rivalry work in double battles? do i get a +2 boost if both opps are male or just +1, same for females and non-gender pokes.

2: how does the R/S/E game corner slots work O.o

two questions:

1: how does the ability rivalry work in double battles? do i get a +2 boost if both opps are male or just +1, same for females and non-gender pokes.

2: how does the R/S/E game corner slots work O.o
  1. No idea, sorry.
  2. RSE game slots? As much as I can remember, they're just regular slot machines, but you can freeze some of the rollers occasionally.

I have an Adamant Gyarados, 100 EVs in attack, and 120 in Speed (it hits the same speed as 88 EVs with a perfect IV) to DD/Bounce/Waterfall.....

I was planning on going 252 HP and 36 SDef, but wouldi bebetter to give more of those EVs to SDef? Or split them and go 144 Def and SDef?

Also, I like TWave, is taunt necessary for the last moveslot?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)