Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

Question: So I have an r4 with hg, and occassionally I upload it to my pc and and play on no$gba. I do this when I wanna speed up a process like resetting after catching legendaries and such for good IVs. I was also considering making clones of my save files to get more master balls so I can catch them faster, and get more TMs like Rock Slide. So my question is two fold: are all the pokemon that I used on r4 file through no$gba considered hacked, and if not, are the pokemon that I catch through no$gba or teach tms that are cloned considered hacked. I never used any hacking programs or pokesav or anything like that, the scenerios above are the farthest I ever go when it comes to manipulating the game.

@NeoSeth - No. There is no release date, but according to bearzly, there will be a Beta. Not sure when that will be.

@MarsVolta -Wrong forum, ask in the Wi-Fi Forum

How do I uninstall Shoddy? I can't seem to do it from the shortcut on my desktop and I can't find it under programs in the start menu. I'm running Windows XP if that helps.

How do I uninstall Shoddy? I can't seem to do it from the shortcut on my desktop and I can't find it under programs in the start menu. I'm running Windows XP if that helps.
Same way you'd uninstall any program in XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307895
How to remove an installed program
To remove a program that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
  1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
  2. In the Currently installed programs box, click the program that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
  3. If you are prompted to confirm the removal of the program, click Yes.

So, might have already been answered somewhere in here, but I really don't feel like reading though 23 pages.

Is there some way to update my server to HG/SS with a patch or something?

I mean, obviously other than patching it all myself which I'm going to go ahead and do if there isn't.

@DDRMaster - You may also want to clear out the Sprites directory. Check this directory and DELETE it.
Code:
C:/Documents and Settings/*Your User*/Local Settings/Application/App Data/Shoddy Battle
@NovemberKip - Read my guide on Patching ShoddyBattle, with a server guide. Also, if you really don't want to, just wait until Shoddy Battle 2. Grab the guide and the HG/SS new moves.

I appear to be having a problem with my ports.

My server was working fine this morning, but upon trying to test some modifications I made to it tonight I noticed I couldn't get it to start up.

Seems that the port that I had forwarded earlier, even though it is still forwarded does not want to open up.

I've tried probably about 10 other ports as well, and even after forwarding them and adding them to my firewalls exceptions, I still can't seem to get them to open for whatever reason.

Halp?

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i pressed find on there and waited like five minutes and nothing came up
That means that no one else is on the ladder. Try it on the weekends or another time when a lot of people are on the server.

EDIT: I'd like to repost this, since no one answered it.

I've been having this weird problem. When I hover over the opponent's active pokemon or the opponent's hidden pokeballs, it shows a box of the appropriate size, but with nothing in it. This is annoying, as I have to remember what happened to every one of the opponent's pokemon. I'm using Ubuntu. My Java is completely up-to-date. I've had this problem since I first downloaded shoddy.

Well I managed to fix my previous problem, but now the service shuts itself off as soon as I turn it on, so I have to have netbeans up to run my server.

Works, but it's pretty annoying to not be able to run it in the background.

I wanted to do some experiment in shoddy battle with the move recycle, however i cant seem to find the move in the movelist. Any help pls?

i tried to download shoddy yesterday and today and both time, my computer said it was unable to launch the application. anyone know why?

Hi everyone, so the last few days I've been trying to get into the Smogon server and i keep getting an error message saying "connection error". it's only been doing this to me recently and i've been getting obviously concerned. what should i do?

im trying to make a box folder for so its easier to build teams(something i hated when i used shoddy in 08/early09) im on windows 7 and i cant find the appdata folder anyone know what to do?

@bobdisgea - You need to select "Show hidden folders" in the Folders Option on the Control Panel.

@OP - The server has been down to due high traffic on the site because of the release of Pokemon Black and White. It will be up once traffic decreases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)