Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the pokemon that initiated a Taunt have to stay in for the Taunt to work, or can it switch out?
They can switch out and it works fine.

I didn't make enough specifications on my last question, so I'll ask it again.

Alright, so I've got a problem with fire types on my team, 3 of my Pokemon are weak to it. Realizing this, I got a Kingdra (which is 4x resistant to fire) with a choice scarf to KO most of the fire threats that could potentially rape my entire team. Problem is, even with max speed and a CS, it still can't take down all of the fire threats (namely Bellyzard). I won't my other Pokemon out due to the fact that they work perfectly together.

So, how do I figure that I need to remedy this? I need something that resists or is immune to fire, has a first-striking attack, and is capable of taking at least one hit(although this part is not necessary).

On Encore's mechanics...

If used before the opponent acts, does it Encore the move used last turn or the move used the same turn (seeing as the opponent has already selected an action)?

And since I can't remember the last time it was ever used against me, does move selection while stuck in Encore work like Outrage, with no input, or like when Choice locked, where selecting a different move prompts a message?

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It encores the move last used. And of course, it will fail if you use it on an opponent who has just switched in and is slower than you. And it acts like it is choice locked.

@Calci
Erm, you could use Rain Dance first turn, again halfing Fire's power, let Swift Swim kick in and use Surf for 1.5x + 1.5x + 2x damage (Rain + STAB + Super Effective). I haven't ran the calculations, but a Timid/Jolly, max Speed Kingdra with Swift Swim should probably outspeed a Bellyzard.

In the case of Volbeat and Nidoking, just have the male parent breed with an Illumise\Nidoran female, and the offspring will be randomly Volbeats\Nidoran males with whatever egg moves the male parent has to offer.
Oh, thanks, perfect. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
If used before the opponent acts, does it Encore the move used last turn or the move used the same turn (seeing as the opponent has already selected an action)?
If it was a situation like:
Snorlax used Curse
End turn 1

Begin turn 2
Jumpluff used Encore
etc.

No matter what Snorlax selects that turn, it will be forced to use Curse.

I suppose a 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Attack spread would work best for a defensive Scizor?
I think there is a EV spread that puts you at 300 in both HP / Attack / Defense, then puts the rest into Special Defense or speed. However I suppose your investment would work

Whats the code for showing images,AND I've got another question.
What's the formula for multiplying a stat if you have like say +2 speed.

Like a little chart such as.

+1 Stat= ??.?? multiplier etc.

And whats the standard Ninjask spread?

Whats the code for showing images,AND I've got another question.
What's the formula for multiplying a stat if you have like say +2 speed.

Like a little chart such as.

+1 Stat= ??.?? multiplier etc.

And whats the standard Ninjask spread?
Here's the Ninjask analysis:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21843&highlight=Ninjask

Here's how the stages work (all multipliers in relation to the original stat)

1 stage=1.5
2 stage=2
3 stage=2.5
4 stage=3
5 stage=3.5
6 stage=4

Hey thanks! I've always wondering that, and my friend said multiply by .5 for each stage, and add .5 for each stage, so that 6 th stage would've been only 3, but whatever. Thanks again.

So in damage:

12.38 = 12
12.5 = 12
12.675 = 12
1.99 = 1
0.1 = 1

Would that be correct?
Any answer?

Also if you get a +2 Attack Boost, what does it multiply with?

So would it be the Base Attack x2 or Attack Power x2 or Attack Stat x2 or total Damage x2?

So my Attack Power is 348. I use Belly Drum. Does my attack power get raised to 1392?
Yes, it does.

For example, in ADV say I had a Smeargle and a Gengar. The Gengar initially has an attack stat of 200. When I pass a Belly Drum boost to it, the Attack stat will be boosted to 800

Same applies for D / P

What is the probability of hitting yourself with Confusion? Is it true happyness of a Pokemon influences that?

Thanks.

If you go a bit east of celestic town, across the bridges, use rock climb and you get to an old lady's house. She teaches you DM if your pogey has max happiness UNLIMITED TIMES.

2 things:

1, I was fighting in the Battle Tower with my Swellow (Protect/Facade/Pluck/U-turn w/ Toxic Orb) as my opening pokemon. It came to a point where I was met with an Abomasnow, and I'm not sure if I wasn't paying attention or something, but for some reason, I believe that I used Protect, and he used Blizzard (with Snow Warning Hail for the 100% accuracy), which ate through my protect. I'm probably completely wrong, but I just need someone to varify.

2, Pluck, though doubles in power when attacking someone with any type of berry, doesn't seem to get rid of the berry if it's a type-redux berry. Can I get someone to verify if this applies to all berries, or rather, can someone clarify which berries Pluck will eat and when?

How do I find out a Pokemon's IVs? I have a Cresselia with the following;

Lv 53, Rash, Levitate

HP: 208
Attack: 91
Defense: 151
Sp. Atk: 97
Sp. Def: 143
Sp: 109

Can anyone explain the method for doing this? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)