Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer MK IV: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tellmehow much a Dragonite's Extremespeed is going to do against a 252HP/0Def (+Defnature) Tornadus? What about 252HP/252Def (+Defnature)?

And I read on Smogon's analyses that Max+ Scizor reaches 251 speed, while Min Tornadus reaches 258. Short of a Scarf or Tailwind or Paralysis, am i right in thinking that this means an uninvested Tornadus with a neutral speed nature will always outspeed even Max Speed Jolly Scizor?

And is there a damage calculator application for Android? Only one i can find doesn't have item or boost modifiers... :(

Can someone tellmehow much a Dragonite's Extremespeed is going to do against a 252HP/0Def (+Defnature) Tornadus? What about 252HP/252Def (+Defnature)?
Adamant 252 Dragonite's ExtremeSpeed against Bold 252 HP Tornadus - 33.2-39.2%
Jolly 252 Dragonite's ExtremeSpeed against Bold 252 HP Tornadus - 30.1-35.6%
Adamant 252 Dragonite's ExtremeSpeed against Bold 252 HP 252 Def Tornadus - 24.6-29%
Jolly 252 Dragonite's ExtremeSpeed against Bold 252 HP 252 Def Tornadus - 22.4-26.5%

haunter

Banned deucer.
if you have something relevant to add to the discussion, then feel free to bump the old thread.

How come pokemon that already had Leviate, didn't get a new dream world ability?, because i for one would of liked to seen a Sheer Force Flygon. =(

Actually now i think about it, tinted lens would suit him, and the move Bug Buzz, but Nintendo isn't so logical sometimes, thanks tho.

What are the most common/dangerous Combos runing around the VGC's this year, off the top of peoples heads, because theres so many pokes to choose from?

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What are the most common/dangerous Combos runing around the VGC's this year, off the top of peoples heads, because theres so many pokes to choose from?
While you may get some acceptable answer here, I would recommend asking this question in VGC's SQSA thread. They're a lot more knowledgeable on VGC sets and combos. However, I would recommend getting out there and doing some practice battles to see what combos threaten your team the most! Best of luck.

AasTmO mentioned some good ones that fit easy on teams, but if you want something that fits even better on your team i would reccomend you to post your whole team, because that helps to find something that synergizes well with your team.
Here's what I'm thinking so far. Keep in mind this is a work in progress...

Espeon @ Light Clay
Timid
252 HP, 252 Spe, 6 Def

Reflect
Light Screen
Psychic
???

I'll lead with Espeon to set up dual screens, and hopefully deter other setup moves with Magic Bounce. Then I'll switch to either...

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid / Modest
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 HP

Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Recover

I like fast sweepers and I like water types and I like boltbeam, so Starmie was an obvious choice for me.

Conkeldurr @ ???
Adamant
252 Atk, 252 HP, 6 Def

Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Stone Edge / Payback

I think a setup sweeper will work well in conjunction with the screens, because he has Drain Punch to heal back the damage he takes while setting up, and the increased defense means every HP he gets back is more valuable.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed / Sassy
252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SpD

Spikes
Leech Seed
Power Whip
Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn seems like a really good tank and I like his typing. Might be redundant with the screens, but I want to have something I can switch into a powerful attack.

So there you have it. Now I need two fast sweepers to round out my team. I know it's no longer a simple question, but any help would be appreciated!

Oh and if your looking for even more professional help with competetive Pokemon you might want to watch at this.
Link doesn't work

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Link doesn't work
This one should

I would take out Ferrothorn and change him to Heatran with this set:
Heatran@Leftovers
252 SpA/ 252 Spe/4 HP
Nature : Timid
-Stealth Rock
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power Ice

Heatran fits better on your offensive team while having a similar typing and he is also able to take a hit with its good defenses.

As far as sweepers go I would try Shell Smash Cloyster and offensive DD Nite both appeciate screens and not having SR on the field so i would change Recover on Starmie to Rapid Spin and make Espeons last Move Hidden Power Fire to take out Scizor/ Ferrothorn/Forretress.

I have a question about the Battle Subway: do your pokemon gain EV battling in it? I assume they do not, but I just want to be sure before I screw up my pokemon. I searched Bulbapedia and this site, but to no avail. Thanks in advance!

teamstuff
You seem to be wasting your double screens, pretty much.. There isn't really anything but Conkeldurr that really seems to profit from it. Ferrothorn really becomes impossible to take down, but he always was hard to take down.
As for sweepers, I agree with burning man on SSCloyster, but I'd use Quiver Volcarona alongside it, as QD/FieryDance/EarthPower/BugBuzz pretty much sweeps through the entire metagame bar ChansBliss and the flying dragons, and you have Conk and Cloyster to deal with them. Volcarona can even switch in on CBTerrakion using anything but Stone Edge, as it is never 2HKOed factoring in leftovers recovery and screens. If you've got anything more, you should give the RMT thread a try.

I have a question about the Battle Subway: do your pokemon gain EV battling in it? I assume they do not, but I just want to be sure before I screw up my pokemon. I searched Bulbapedia and this site, but to no avail. Thanks in advance!
You only gain EVs when you gain Exp. You don't gain Exp in the battle subway.

When you use Skill Swap, do the abilities get changed for the entire duration of the match? Or do they get reverted back when the Pokemon switches?

Quick question, while I was in the battle subway, my modest starmie was outspeeded and crunched by an Intimidate Stoutland *Sandstorm wasn't on so Sand Rush wouldn't have boosted it* My starmie has 252 Speed EVs. Is it even possible for a Stoutland let alone Jolly natured one to outspeed it?

P.s My starmie only had 20~25 ivs in speed.

Quick question, while I was in the battle subway, my modest starmie was outspeeded and crunched by an Intimidate Stoutland *Sandstorm wasn't on so Sand Rush wouldn't have boosted it* My starmie has 252 Speed EVs. Is it even possible for a Stoutland let alone Jolly natured one to outspeed it?

P.s My starmie only had 20~25 ivs in speed.
I think it might be possible for the pokes in battle subway to be holding items like the opponents in Battle Revolution. Was crunch the only attack it used, cause then it could have been holding choice scarf

So here is my question. When you have a pokemon, every point in a stat counts. You need 4 EV's in a stat to boost it by 1 point at lvl 100. Does that mean you need 8 EV's in a stat to see a 1 point boost at lvl 50? and does the same go for the IV's of the poke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)