Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my server up and running i can connect to it but i am unsure on how to grant myself admin i followed the rules on the zarel github showdown page but getting admin granted to myself is deaming a struggle this is what i am saying i want to no how to give myself admin can you give me a compleate example of how to grant myself admin i have portforwarded it already i have also setup static ip everything is ready all i need is admin then register i no how to get it registered its just getting admin on my server thats it so please display me a view on how to do it

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I have my server up and running i can connect to it but i am unsure on how to grant myself admin i followed the rules on the zarel github showdown page but getting admin granted to myself is deaming a struggle this is what i am saying i want to no how to give myself admin can you give me a compleate example of how to grant myself admin i have portforwarded it already i have also setup static ip everything is ready all i need is admin then register i no how to get it registered its just getting admin on my server thats it so please display me a view on how to do it
Make a new file called usergroups.csv in your text editor. Type in "asjdfajsdf,~" and replace the random letter spam with your username. Place in your config folder. Profit.

Oh my damn why is this not working ok this is exactly what im doing im opening notepad then im saveing it as usergroup.csv then once its in the config folder i edit it with notepad and then im tryping Exadril,~ i save it then i go back to my server and still its not working...?

I cannot do restart to my server as of yet because i am in the 36 hours uptime at the moment so thats not possible ive done i thinck 24 hours uptime im not sure erm but once my server is up then i will worry about authority i will not be publishing it until i have admin anyway

Okey i have made myself administrator now i The Immortal tryed to register my server but it did not work i have portforwarded im just wondering if i need a reverse dns server is this what i need

Why does the downloaded version of showdown crash so often? If this is not the place is should be posting this im sorry, but this is just frustrating. it crashes upwards of five or six times an hour. Argg!!!

Manectric used Volt Switch!

The opposing Heatran lost 24% of its health!

Manectric went back to losedude!

Error parsing: switch|p2a: Azumarill|Azumarill, F|351/401

Error: TypeError: 'null' is not an object

Pointed stones dug into Azumarill!

What does this mean? It did switch btw
Just wanted to say I've also encountered this problem (a few times) and i found a really old screenshot of it

edit: yeah im not sure, i probably clicked skip to next turn. also it only happens when something switches out or uses volt switch/u-turn from my experience

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Just wanted to say I've also encountered this problem (a few times) and i found a really old screenshot of it

By any chance, did you click the Skip to next turn button at any point? That might be the issue, as sometimes it glitches out and does this. Also there's a Bug Reports thread for this type of thing.

Why does the downloaded version of showdown crash so often? If this is not the place is should be posting this im sorry, but this is just frustrating. it crashes upwards of five or six times an hour. Argg!!!
I use the downloaded version but it never crashes for me :0 do you have Windows, Apple, or Linux? I'm not sure about the second two but for Windows use task manager to see if anything is eating up your CPU and making Pokémon showdown crash

I use the downloaded version but it never crashes for me :0 do you have Windows, Apple, or Linux? I'm not sure about the second two but for Windows use task manager to see if anything is eating up your CPU and making Pokémon showdown crash
I have windows 7. It usually happens when its searching for a battle. All of the sudden it fades and the little box comes up that states "pokemonshowdown.exe has stopped working...looking for a solution" Then it cant find a solution. Then ill usually go down 20 or so points on the ladder. like it must have found a battle but it didnt load and then crashed so i automatically lose :(. But its definitely not exclusive to battle searching, but it definitely occurs most at that time

I have windows 7. It usually happens when its searching for a battle. All of the sudden it fades and the little box comes up that states "pokemonshowdown.exe has stopped working...looking for a solution" Then it cant find a solution. Then ill usually go down 20 or so points on the ladder. like it must have found a battle but it didnt load and then crashed so i automatically lose :(. But its definitely not exclusive to battle searching, but it definitely occurs most at that time
You should probably then check out task manager and see what's eating your CPU. Otherwise try the online version or look into cleaning your registry or freeing up space on your computer.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hit Ctrl + Alt + Delete and take a look what tasks are open. Close the ones you don't need / use and try again. If it doesn't work, try to scan your PC with a virus scan for Malware, Adware or Spyware. If you did that remove the threats and try again.

Edit: Clearing your cookies might help too. Just make sure you back up your teams before doing so. It helped me with my problem, so try that out first.

how do i reset my ranking? when i did my first battle and won, i noticed it said 1066 --> 1087 even though you're supposed to start at 1000, then i checked my rankings and for some reason it shows
randombattle108746.71474 ± 121ubers100044.31454 ± 122

even though i only did 1 random battle and i never played Ubers

how do i reset my ranking? when i did my first battle and won, i noticed it said 1066 --> 1087 even though you're supposed to start at 1000, then i checked my rankings and for some reason it shows

You can't reset your rank but you can make a new alt and ladder using that, as ladder ranks don't carry over to new alts. Also, your rank probably started at 1066 because someone else used that account before you but left it unregistered.

You can't reset your rank, but you can however make a new account. And about the Ubers, has some1 maybe had your account before you?

Also, playing on kindle fire HDX here... is there any way I can keep it from logging out every time I switch tabs? And where do I type chat commands?
Type chat commands in any chat room(on Showdown!), PM's will not work. And if you mean on Smogon about the logging out issue, there is a "Stay Logged in button" that you can click to keep you logged in.

Is the only way to get auto confirmed waiting an entire week? If so, I suggest an email confirmation thing to be implemented. A week of waiting seems kinda harsh towards new players and alts... ;^;

Is the only way to get auto confirmed waiting an entire week? If so, I suggest an email confirmation thing to be implemented. A week of waiting seems kinda harsh towards new players and alts... ;^;
It's really implemented as like a barrier in a sense. If you win a battle and wait a week it shows that you likely won't be a spammer or troll. Email confirmation sounds good on paper and I like the idea but people can just make and confirm emails and spam that way

Last edited:
It's really implemented as like a barrier in a sense. If you win a battle and wait a week it shows that you likely won't be a slammer or troll. Email confirmation sounds good on paper and I like the idea but people can just make and confirm emails and spam that way
True... Thanks.

Email confirmation would mean we'd have to enforce COPPA, which is very irritating. Autoconfirmed is in place as some form of barrier against spammers - we're not going to bypass the system for one person unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)