Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a question...

What would happen, if you try to use the moves Hi Jump Kick and Jump Kick while Gravity has been placed in effect that turn and before?

If it is in that turn (thinking the Gravity user is faster that the attacker, I know Gravity users are slow, but think of paralysis) will it count as a fail and then you would lose health or not?

If it has been placed before, could you even choose it or not?

Merci!!!

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Hello, I have a question...

What would happen, if you try to use the moves Hi Jump Kick and Jump Kick while Gravity has been placed in effect that turn and before?

If it is in that turn (thinking the Gravity user is faster that the attacker, I know Gravity users are slow, but think of paralysis) will it count as a fail and then you would lose health or not?

If it has been placed before, could you even choose it or not?

Merci!!!
It disables these moves in the same way Taunt disables Stealth Rock etc. so there would be a message like:

Hitmonlee can't use Hi Jump Kick because of Gravity.

therefore it won't use it and there will be no recoil nor PP loss.

And after Gravity is in effect you can't choose it again.

It disables these moves in the same way Taunt disables Stealth Rock etc. so there would be a message like:

Thank you! :)

That is beast! amazing I will make a little mental note of that I like gimmicky mechanics like this one they make the game you know feel more awesome ^_^

I know that we can see our opponents team before battling in a wifi battle, but can we see our opponents team before a local wireless battle?

I ask this because of VGC play, right now on PO it reveals your team before the battles starts (even when have the option to keep my team hidden on) just like a wifi battle, but if local wifi doesn't do that then PO shouldn't show teams for VGC matches.

I was looking up the mechanics update for the move Beat Up for Generation 5

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Beat_Up_(move)

Basically, its just the base attack divided by 10 plus 5 (plus stab if dark type)
I understand its only the user's base attack that gets used in the formula and not the teammates' BA. However, I'm confused...

Is this formula giving the base power of the move? Or is it giving the actual HP damage?

For example, take a non-Technician Ambipom who has a base attack of 100. Using the formula: 100/10 + 5 = 15.
15 what? Is it the base power of the move (like Surf's bp is 95), or the actual HP it will take away from the opponent with each hit. I hope its the latter b/c it could essentially become a better Night Shade or Seismic Toss for it'd hit all types (with the stronger beat up users).

I'd appreciate the clarification over this.

I have been looking and I really can't find the answer to this but what does the ability Slip Through really do? Like what is its affect and and what does it affect. Im only seeing the text explanation for what it does like "It slips through walls and attacks" so what are the actual mechanics and what does it "slip through" exactly?

You didn't look very hard; try searching the research thread for 'Slip Through'. It makes the Pokémon's attacks ignore Reflect, Light Screen and Safeguard (probably Mist and Lucky Chant as well).

^i don't think , i mean is not like mamoswine has the typing and the stats to take that much fire atacks, and snow cloak can get the benefit from random hail teams that you may face.
not that any of their abilities does any good to him in the first place...

Waruvial is a current fave of Gen 5, but most sets I've seen are scarf attackers. I'd like to make a non-choiced attacking set to abuse Overconfidence. I realize this will require a speed boost in the form of salac or even BP agility. I need help with moveset:

Waruvial (Adamant) 252 Att, 252 Spd
-Earthquake
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge
-Fire Fang/Dragon Claw

or

-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Knock Down
-Fire Fang/Dragon Claw

My main choice is between Pursuit or Knock Down because they are both moves that are there to hit pokes on the switch so they cannot be on the same set; STAB pursuit on the switch to grab an attack boost or knock down to ground a counter that will eat STAB earthquake on the next turn (Rotom-a, Skarmory, Bronzong, Zapdos, etc).

Fire Fang and Dragon Claw are there for coverage again slower threats; Fire Fang for Nattore, Scizor or Forretress. Dragon Claw for dragons after a speed boost (may only be a viable option on the scarf sets).

Thanks

I'd go for Stone Edge, Pursuit and Fire Fang, as Knock Down doesn't have the power you need for Gyarados, Mence and Dragonite, in which case, you don't really need Dragon Claw as much as you do Fire Fang, for the steels you mentioned earlier. Furthermore, Pursuit is more useful for trapping and KOing (cf Tyranitar and Scizor). If you do decide to go with Knock Down, I would suggest using Dragon Claw.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Is Thick Fat superior to Snow Cloak on Mamoswine?
Thick fat is so much better than Snow Cloak for your typical battle. Hail is exceedingly rare, making the ability useless most of the time. Thick fat on the other hand rectifies the major flaw of being part Ice type (by giving the pokemon numerous weaknesses with only one resistance...)

Thick Fat loses compatibility with Super Power, but that is a small price to pay for an acceptable typing.

Semi-related questions:

-Will You First hit a target (ally in this case) behind a Substitute?
-Will Herbivore (and other immune to type abilities) activate behind a Sub?
--By extension, will status moves of the appropriate type activate the ability behind a Sub?
-Will Justice Heart activate behind a Sub while the Sub takes damage?

I really did not know where to put this but here...

Does any of you buy on the site Play-Asia? Well, I do and I had received (or have received?), two coupons, as a Christmas gift from them, which I´m not using...

The first one is a 5 dollars off if you buy at least 50 dollars.

And the second one is a 12 dollars off if you buy at least 100 dollars.

If you want any of them just ask...

Sorry for the grammar question but I´m not a native english talker... and hope is not a bad idea posting this here :/

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you're maxing only one defense, yes. Wailmer will be 14% bulkier. Otherwise, I don't think so. However, I think the 20 point difference in attacking stats matters a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)