Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is snarl and roost a legit combination on mandibuzz now there is an event zoroark with snarl but the TM hasn't been released?

Zoroark is in the ground egg group, if you breed it with a ground/flying 1 pokemon that can learn roost and snarl it can pass it on to mandibuzz, or a certain chain, e.g. ground -> ground/water 3 -> water 3/flying 1, is there such a chain so you don't lose snarl while breeding and learn roost meanwhile?

Also my name is Peaches

Edit: I've seen the combination on pokemon online but i have serious doubts it's possible

Looks like the only other Flying type to learn Snarl is Murkrow, and that isn't in any other egg groups, so I'd assume it's impossible, yeah.

What are the odds of passing on Special Attack with a Power Lens attached? Because I thought it was 100% but I've just bred an otherwise awesome poke with an 8 where I assumed there was a 31...

What are the odds of passing on Special Attack with a Power Lens attached? Because I thought it was 100% but I've just bred an otherwise awesome poke with an 8 where I assumed there was a 31...
Wait, putting on those items allows your pokemon to pass down IV's? I was under the impression that IV's were passed down naturally in the later generations...

It´s 100% with only one parent carrying a power item, if both parents carry one than the chance goes down to 50%.
But this can't be the case, because the other was holding an Everstone. I know that the established opinion is the 100% way, but has anybody had any experience to the contrary?

According to bulbapedia...

beat up + justified = +6 attack
Bullet Seed + weak armor = +5 speed -5 defense
But apparently, Bullet Seed + Sap Sipper = +1 attack

I assume that when a pokemon becomes "immune" to an attack, a multi hit attack will only proc that ability once.

But what if they're holding a ring target? Could I get +5 attack on a Swasbuck in one turn if they were holding a ring target? Or would I only get +1? Or +0? Does the ability proc at all?

I´m 100% sure it´s 100% with one power item ( I´ve done so many breeds in B/W which always worked out). Either you gave it the wrong item, or it weren´t 31 IV´s. Something must be wrong, but only you can figure this out.

anubite:

Ring Target changes the battle chart for certain type combinations of attacks (for example, if the opponent is a Ghost type, it allows Normal- and Fighting-type attacks to be effective against them). It doesn't make attacks work which are ineffective against the opponent for other reasons (for example, if Levitate or Lightningrod makes the attacks ineffective.)

However, a Sawsbuck's type is Normal and Grass, which is not a type combination that causes immunity to Grass-type attacks, so Ring Target has no effect on Grass-type attacks against Sawsbuck.

Sap Sipper triggers when the attack is targeted, so it can trigger only once even if the attack is a multi-hit attack.

References:

My description for Ring Target is:

"Attacks against the holder have normal effectiveness against types that those attacks' types would otherwise be ineffective against. (For example, if the holder's type includes Dark, Psychic-type attacks against it have normal effectiveness against the Dark type.)"

My description for Sap Sipper is:

"Whenever a Grass-type attack ... by a non-bearer targets bearer ... increases bearer's Attack by 1 stage and that attack is ineffective against bearer."

My notes on multi-hit attacks include the following sentence:

"If the attack is ineffective against the opponent, no hits of the attack are done."

EDIT: Corrected.

How much HP/defense would a Hydreigon need to survive an X-Scissor from an Excadrill with a Choice Band and without. Or, is there any damage calculator out there I could use to do this myself?

Adamant no item X-Scissor against 0-0 Modest Hydreigon = 67-79%
Jolly no item X-Scissor against 0-0 Modest Hydreigon = 60-71%

Adamant Choice Band X-Scissor against 0-0 Modest Hydreigon = 99-117%
Jolly Choice Band X-Scissor against 0-0 Modest Hydreigon = 91-107%

So to survive Adamant Choice Band X-Scissor, you need a minimum of 224 HP or 152 Def EVs if you use a neutral nature

Can someone help me with breeding an ekans w/ sucker punch? i have a female ekans with a male raticate that knows sucker punch, on paper it should work, but they still only hatch with leer and wrap. what am i doing wrong?!

Can someone help me with breeding an ekans w/ sucker punch? i have a female ekans with a male raticate that knows sucker punch, on paper it should work, but they still only hatch with leer and wrap. what am i doing wrong?!
Based on only the information you provided, it should work. I can't really figure out what's wrong--

OH WAIT. If you're breeding in 4th gen, then it's not an egg move. You have to be breeding with Pokemon Black or White.

Based on only the information you provided, it should work. I can't really figure out what's wrong--

OH WAIT. If you're breeding in 4th gen, then it's not an egg move. You have to be breeding with Pokemon Black or White.
LOL. so.many. ekansXD for nothing. o god i feel like crying now. Ugh. breeding in 5th gen is so much more annoying, should i just forget sucker punch and go EQ gunk shot glare & coil?

This happened in the DS:
I had a lucario with 279 speed, he had 330 infernape.
I did extremespeed and he did macch puch, and I won the hit.

How is this possible, is mach puch +1 and extremespeed +2?

This happened in the DS:
I had a lucario with 279 speed, he had 330 infernape.
I did extremespeed and he did macch puch, and I won the hit.

How is this possible, is mach puch +1 and extremespeed +2?
yea extremespeed is a higher priority move than most the others, it's either 3 or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)