Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

So the alert system works really well. The only problem is it doesn't alert you when you connect to a game.

This becomes a problem if it takes a while to connect. For example, sometimes it'll take me anywhere from 10 seconds to 5 minutes to connect to a game if there aren't enough players. Since I try to multitask, I don't want to be sitting in front of the screen for 10 minutes watching "Searching" flash, so I go do other things, only to come back later and find that I lost a game due to timeout, which is incredibly frustrating. Would a simple notification when you connect go a game be too much?
So this is still a problem.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are you talking about when the Pokemon are actually sent out? Or before you're asked to select Pokemon?
At the beginning of the battle, if I have to select which Pokemon to send out first for team preview, I get a notification. In a random (or similar) battle I still get a notification telling me to make my move.

Does the timer get shorter as the match goes on? I had a game where the timer went down to 20 seconds and then I lost after inputing my move.

Excuse me, I read over another thread that in order to recover my password in pokemon Showdown I should request a reset for it. I was wondering, is this the place where I can ask for it? :3

My username in Showdown is the same I'm using right now to post. [JadeAxolotl]

If this is the right place, I thank you in advance for your assistance. ^^

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does the timer get shorter as the match goes on? I had a game where the timer went down to 20 seconds and then I lost after inputing my move.
Each time an amount of time passes, you will start at the next level. e.g the timer starts at 150 seconds. If you don't make your move for more than 30 seconds, the next turn you only have 120 seconds, and so on. Try making your moves before each 30 or 20s period to move back up in the timer levels.

So if you select moves, but hit cancel and try to input your move again, the system might just say "nope" and use the move you inputted initially even though you hit cancel.

Can't this get rectified?

So if you select moves, but hit cancel and try to input your move again, the system might just say "nope" and use the move you inputted initially even though you hit cancel.

Can't this get rectified?
That is caused by lag primarily, so I doubt it can be fixed.

How would I go about transferring my ladder record from one name to another? I'm going to ditch my current one and transfer it to a new one - changing names.

you can't transfer ladder records from one account to other.
I read somewhere that you could though, when I was trying to find out if I could reset my password for my old account (which is obsolete anyway considering my higher record on my current one)

Sucks if I have to start all over again...

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
If the opposing Pokemon has been afflicted with a burn, and is under the effect of Infestation, would the burn do damage first or Infestation?

hello, is the times for server restart available to the public? or is it just a "ok im bored ill restart the server" kind of thing from haunter?

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
hello, is the times for server restart available to the public? or is it just a "ok im bored ill restart the server" kind of thing from haunter?
On general, servers restart after an uptime of around a week.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
He's waiting for the team display below the trainer sprites to change so he can upload all of the XYORAS sprites at once (since many of them are too big).

Basically he's waiting for the thing to be done so he can do the thingy with the new things.

a brief programming question:

Code:
"leechlife": {
num: 141,
accuracy: 100,
basePower: 20,
category: "Physical",
desc: "The user recovers 1/2 the HP lost by the target, rounded half up. If Big Root is held by the user, the HP recovered is 1.3x normal, rounded half down.",
shortDesc: "User recovers 50% of the damage dealt.",
id: "leechlife",
name: "Leech Life",
pp: 15,
priority: 0,
flags: {contact: 1, protect: 1, mirror: 1, heal: 1},
drain: [1, 2],
secondary: false,
target: "normal",
type: "Bug"
},
how do I make it so leech life heals 100% of damage dealt (instead of 50%)? the ways I tried either yielded errors or just made it stop healing altogether. :x

Just wondering, every time I do a Google search on Chrome, the icon for Showdown appears in the little tab at the top of the screen. Here's an image to explain what I mean:

If you open the image in a new tab it's much easier to see. The Pokemon Showdown icon, i.e. that blue, 3D S, is on each of my tabs for Google searches. I'm pretty sure that icon was originally the icon for Google Chrome. Does anyone know why this might happen? FYI, it happens even when I don't have Showdown open.

This might seem silly, but I know there are a lot of hidden commands for use in showdown chat lobbies. Is there a list of all of these commands?

I ask because I've been given mod powers on a smaller showdown server and many of the other users in this server expect me to know how to access things like setting up tournaments or running minigames and the like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)