ORAS OU B-Pass Zard X/Critdra

I'd like some help to know what to fix with this team. I'm around the 1500-1600 area and I'm trying to figure out what's holding me back. I know I have no hazards or hazard control, so I'm wondering if somehow I can add that in (or if, frankly, I even need it on a semi-HO team)

Vulcan (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 108 HP / 148 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Mega Zard X is one of the main mons to receive the baton pass. I have adamant to hit harder, since I don't really need the jolly nature as long as I get one or two speed boosts passed. I feel like 108 HP is sufficient, as it allows it to come into from a baton pass and ensure it isn't OHKO'd or takes too much damage. The set itself is a pretty standard smogon set.

Millipede (Scolipede) @ Lansat Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn

Ah, yes. The best OU passer without a doubt. I run sub and protect to ensure as many speed boosts as I can, and if I can get a will-o-wisp with Mew, this thing can basically stall any mon to death. I don't think I need max HP almost ever, as I can just protect turn 1 on any mon that might outspeed me. The attack is there because I've come across many latis, mega or not, and also many azelf leads which straight up die to a Megahorn and I can sub on a possible explosion. I also run Lansat berry because a lot of times I can just sub up to 25% and then pass to Kingdra without having to click focus energy.

A Little Horse (Kingdra) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Focus Energy

Critdra is the main special attacker of the team, obviously. I run surf over hydro pump because it beats stall, and I can NOT even begin to describe how many times I've had focus energy and +2 speed and missed a Hydro Pump. Not to mention the fact that most mons that are 2HKO'd by Hydro Pump are also 2HKO'd by Surf.

Robo Cop (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone with Specs and a few speed boosts hits so hard it is insane. It guaranteed 2HKO's Thundurus after rocks, which is why I feel like I should put SR on a mon. It also traps the obvious Scizors or Ferros, and Specs HP Fire straight up OHKO's most Ferro sets. It is also a slow volt switcher, which works very well as a VoltTurn core with Lando-T.

Mew Juan (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic

Mew, although it slows the momentum, works pretty well on this team. It clears hazards for Zard to come in, which is essential if I want to baton pass before it is mega. It lives literally any special hit and can will-o stall most mons. It is also my status absorber since I can synchronize anything back.

Flying Dirt (Landorus-Therian) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Max attack adamant Lando-T hits like a TRUCK, especially if it gets one or two speed boosts from Scolipede. I have 6-0'd teams just by reading a mindless stealth rock and getting up one SD. There's not much more to say about this thing, as it is your average offensive Landorus-T.

Thanks for any advice :)

Hey matthew pretty sure we met b4 im corruption.cool team and like the names but there is some stuff that needs fixing.

First is your kingdra.You wont need focus energy most of the time since you are using the lansat set.I suggest that you use hydro pump>focus energy.The extra slot move can come in clutch vs things like chansey.

Next is mew.for this slot i think offensive starmie would work greatly.Many offensive teams destroy you for example any mega lopunny team or mega Metagross team can be very troublesome for the team.offensive starmie not only has hazard controll but also has a very good matchup vs offense as it is able to take on the likes of keldeo,latias,latios ect.
Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Ok you may not like this but...im taking out mega charizard-x.I am doing this because it just doesn't fit right with the team baton pass speed and you have dd :/ also i have a fear that charizard x will make you too diancie weak,and without that extra damage that charizard x is lacking its feeling like a wasted slot.So i changed it to cb victini LOL fun right.with choice banded victini you have an amazing matchup vs stall and semi stall and most balance teams.To add on to that baton pass speed with victini and you tear through every single playstyle LOL.The only thing stopping you is garchomp and landorus-therian then again you have starmie.
Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Next is your magnezone,don't worry im not changing every pokemon this is the last time.I am changing magnezone to defensive mega scizor.I am doing this because you legit have no mega lopunny,bisharp,mega metagross,or weavile counter which is extremely bad for a team.Also this is your only way of defeating mega diancie other than checking it with starmie.This also should help because of the momentum it provides for the team,momentum on baton pass is like a cherry on ice cream.
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
Lastly is your landorus-therian set.Just use sr/eq/edge/sd and use lum berry or earth plate over life orb.With life orb landorus will be weakened very fast and will die very quickly.
Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Hope i helped gl with the team :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)