B101 Inactive Tutee Posts & Updates

Username - Shroomless23
PS username - Shroomless23
Time zone - GMT +
Usual hours of availability - Weekdays between 10am - 12pm or weekends between 12pm to 5pm
Experience - Started trying to play Pokémon competitively a couple months ago. I mainly do random and I would love to learn 1v1s with a custom team
Able to use discord - Yes

Username: Parmesan Cheese
PS! Username: Bouncy Cat Parm
Availability: 5:00 pm - 10 pm on weekdays, 2pm - 11 pm on weekends. GMT -4
Tell us about your experience in Competitive Pokemon: I started to play comp around 2020 early on in swsh’s meta. i play very inconsistently and on and off laddered and played in tournaments to very moderate success. I decided to try to pick up comp again and wanted to get into some old gens. I choose 7 because its the closest to what im used to.
Discord: parmesancheese809

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SV OU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up.
    • This is not a strict requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, so no matter what, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. When you receive the Smogon notification informing you of the pairing, please take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Continued scheduling and communication is key to a successful pairing!
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Signups older than 4 months or 1 month since last login will be considered inactive. These will be moved to the Inactive Posts thread, and can be returned back to this thread by request.
  • Tutors can and will drop you if sessions go badly,

Username: Alexz1
PS! Username: Alexz1
Signup Format: SV OU
Your timezone: PST GMT-8
Usual Hours of Availability:
Thursday and Friday 3pm-5pm

Saturday and Sunday 2-5pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve played competitively back in gen 3 and 4. Looking to get back Into battling with SV. The game is fun & want to be updated with format
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Username: tankmonx
PS! Username:
- Powermaple
- Tankmonx
- Starfoxfalco
Signup Format: OU
Your timezone: EST
- Monday mornings/afternoons
- Tuesday all day
- Friday morning
- Saturday all day
- Sunday morning/evening
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Played for 6 years straight from summer 2014 (Gen 6) - 2020 (gen 7/early gen 8). Peaked 1500s in Gen 7 OU.
Are you able to use Discord?:
Yes

Attachments

Username: Durk27
PS! Username: Durk27 and Grass Seed 12
Signup Format: scarlet violet ou
Your timezone: GMT -5
nighttime except on fridays and sats
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I am no stranger to playing pokemon on a competitive level. I've been playing lots of VGC and TCG, both IRL events and just the battle spot and TCG Live. I know the types, EVs, IVs, all that jazz. I've been playing since the VGC days of 2012, off and on. One of my buds suggested to use Pokemon Showdown to build teams quicker and I see there is a LOT here. Thanks
Yes

Username: GustavoR
PS! Username: gr1997
Signup Format: ADV OU
Your timezone: GMT -4
Only weekends (all day. Will let know with enough anticipation if I can't make it)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Started to play seriously around Gen 7 OU, but between college and now work I barely play. Been watching some ADV vids on Yt recently, and I wanna get involved and learn howto play efficiently (plus Aerodactyl is my fav mon and ADV OU is its peak so)
Yessir. gr1997#5796

Username: tankmonx
PS! Username:
- Powermaple
- Tankmonx
- Starfoxfalco
Signup Format: LC
Your timezone:
EST
- Friday all day
- Saturday all day
- Sunday all day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Played for 6 years straight from summer 2014 (Gen 6) - 2020 (gen 7/early gen 8). Peaked 1500s in Gen 7 OU.
Yes

Last edited:
Username: Noriken
PS! Username: Noriken
Your timezone: GMT -3
Every day after 1 PM

I started between 2015-2016 playing OU in 6th Gen, then I played OU 7th Gen reaching 1400 and in 8th Gen I reached 1300. After this I left the game and a few weeks ago I played again, I would like to improve as a player since I was never really good player.

Sorry if english is weird, I don't know how to speak it and I turned to Google translate for help. If by chance there is a tutor who speaks Spanish it would be the best ):

Returned: 03/31/2023

Username: DkKoba
PS! Username: DkKoba
Your timezone: EST/EDT
Generation: Advanced(Gen 3)
Usual Hours of Availability: 5-10PM EDT, likely to become 6-10PM once I start my new job EDIT: I thought I might expand my availability, I went back to my old job and now have 5-10PM EDT, 1pm-12am EDT Saturday(can be flexible and do earlier), and I will do anytime Sundays bar IRL plans.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played a smattering of games 5 years back and tried to get into Adv OU using copied teams but I saw very small success. A few weeks ago I crafted my own teams and started to adjust them slightly to make them better - but overall good team building evades me and my team often gets hard countered. I also am looking to better understand tools and common sets and how to properly react to them. I have a big strength in being able to judge how my opponent will play after a few turns of playing with them. Currently I hover between 1200-1300 on the ADV OU ladder and wish to become a top tier threat :)
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes - DkKoba#0420 is my discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
pls return

:heliolisk:returned 08/31/23

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: Oakdeon
PS! Username: Oakdeon
Your timezone: GMT +1
Generation: GSC OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Tournament player and regular ladder .
I am available on Saturday and Sunday from 8 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. .
my discord is Oakdeon#9155

I am relaunching my 6 month post with no response

:heliolisk: returned 09/04/23

Last edited by a moderator:
PS! Username: KN Corse
Signup Format: SS OU
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: After 10 pm (My tz)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm started in 2020 trying to play seriously the tier and asking ppl with knowledge in the tier
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, it si @n_e_a

Last edited:

FFK

formerly Foufakirby
is a Tiering Contributor
Username: Foufakirby
PS! Username: FFK Foufakirby
Your timezone: GMT+2
Usual Hours of Availability : 4:30 - 7pm on weekdays, more flexible on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing SS Natdex AG (was just trolling with cloyster team). But when I came back from my break, I focused in OU and started real strat at the beginning of gen9. I‘m a pretty good player but I intend to signup for next Wcop and I don’t have the level ofc. My objectif would be to improve my building, and my ingame, I made a good perf during OLT (#3 cycle 4 even if I choked at the end)
Yes foufakirby / Foufakirby #7395

Last edited:

Supergum

Banned deucer.
Username: Supergum
PS! Username: Supergum or AceTrainerTrystan
Signup Format: SV LC
Your timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday through Wednesday all day, Thursday from 12 PM to 9 PM, Friday all day. Usually busy on weekends but can negotiate if necessary.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played competitive Pokémon on and off casually since Gen 4, but I only dipped my toe into the tournament scene at the tail end of Gen 8 when last year's LC Open was announced. I made it to Round 3 after being given Byes in the first two rounds, and to this date have yet to win a single best of 3 in any Smogon tournament, having only advanced in other tournaments such as the 2022 LC Fall Seasonal and the 2023 LC Open to activity or byes. I've signed up for team tournaments such as the LC Winter League and LCPL but wasn't drafted on either, and I've attempted to meet requirements for a Ladder Tournament but wasn't able to keep the minimum ladder placement for longer than a few minutes, and only because of the sheer amount of games I played. I'd estimate the amount of SV LC games I've played in total to be in the high hundreds to low thousands, but my interest in the tier faded around the time Diglett was being suspect tested. I feel like the biggest weaknesses in my playstyle are establishing long-term gameplans, adapting to unorthodox strategies used by my opponents, analyzing matchups from team preview, and playing in a way that places offensive pressure on my opponent.

Username: Shotgun Beers
PS! Username: Shotgunbeers
Signup Format: SMOU/DPP
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Extremely Flexible during the day, more often at night around 10pm-1am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing competitive for a minute. At first under my old account Kidd Bird, now under this one cause i thought this name was cooler. I've entered 2 or 3 SMOU tourneys thus far. I've yet to enter any for DPP but I've been playing both all summer. I also have a deep history with NDOU and have been playing the format since early gen 8. In general, I just want to break past that level where I can see some genuine competitive results as opposed to winning a single game in a single set and then getting eliminated.

Are you able to use Discord? Yes, its also ShotgunBeers

spng bob

formerly BoB Esponja
Username: BoB Esponja
PS! Username: BoBz0r
Signup Format: GSC OU/ADV OU/BW OU
Your timezone
: GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability: everyday after (9pm localtime).
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing back 2004 (on netbattle), till 2007~2010 (was very active and had deep knowledge of the metagame). Always enjoyed play GSC / and the current format at time (ADV). IPL was my training partner and them joined our clan lol.
Yes

clematis

formerly EdDaBoss
Username: clematis
PS! Username: cl3matis
Signup Format: SM OU, ORAS OU/XY OU
Your Timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: not available from 10am-4pm on weekdays, otherwise go nuts. and i need to sleep too
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): played SM basically since it came out, but been profoundly garbage at it so I'd like to get a little bit better now I've got more time on my hands to play and get back into the game. would be nice to get mid-to-high ladder imo, like 15-1600 or so (currently sat at 1200 floundering). Always liked the look of the XY/ORAS OU but never really got into it, yet still looking to learn :D
Are you able to use Discord: yep! under the username clematis_

Last edited:
Username: Doonboggle
PS! Username: Weese328
Signup Format: SV OU or SV UU
Your timezone: CST
3 PM to 12 AM
I've been trying competitive singles on and off since ORAS, and the higher tiers always pulled me in with how active they were. I've never got past 1200 on any ladder, even on older accounts, and I wish to improve. I've been struggling with SV's competitive singles scene more than I have with any previous gen, and I believe that I need to try and get into tutoring if I want to improve.
Yes. My user is iloveholes

Username: FunkyBeanGamer
PS! Username: SPFunkMachine
Signup Format: ADV OU
Your timezone: boston, est, GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability: anytime, usually all day mon, wed, fri, and sun. flexible schedule due to collect hw
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): 12 months of dpp ou, 2-3 months of serious adv ou. I do middling in various entry level tournaments
Are you able to use Discord?: SPFunkM

Zelph

fomerly Cristian Jimenez
Username: Cristian Jimenez
PS! Username: Zelph Spectral
Usual Hours of Availability: 6pm to 11pm

I climbed the ladder when the pokemons from home had not yet arrived, I participated in some tours with a decent performance without standing out much, after home I only participated in a tour
Are you able to use Discord?: yes

Username: FYBIRR
PS! Username: FYBIRR (or fybirr because Pokémon Unite chatroom doesn't allow all caps for some reason)
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday-Friday 4pm-8:30pm Saturday 12:30pm-10pm Sunday all day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I saw a YouTube video about some dude getting #1 on SS OU ladder and my ass said to myself "I can do that." I couldn't do that. I'm much better than I was when I started except in OU, which is currently my worst tier.
Are you able to use Discord?: nope

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)