Gen 3 Back from a million year haitus (okay five months but it felt like 1million years)

Um...yeah. Here:

Aerodactyl (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

Standard starter Aero to counter...stuff.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 236 HP / 240 Spd / 32 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Roar
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Roars out any CMers / DDers and then SubPasses to Tar to set up.

Flygon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spd
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

Um...I use this to kill stuff my tar cant (I.E Breloom. I want to be able to stand a heracross too if you can help with that)

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Def / 172 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

None of my other pokemon can really survive special moves and incase Tar gets T-Waved.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt

The big, awesome, gerneric sweeper. I taunt for T-Waves and then DD up possibly with a Sub on me. And...sweep.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Toxic

I felt like I needed a statuser / water pokemon,

------------------------------------------------------

I think the concept is pretty straight forward. I want to basically sweep with DDtar in the end which usually happens. I just wanted it to be updated in case there were any metagame changes (But somehow I doubt it). Thanks in advance.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Heracross, Medicham, Swampert, Flygon, Skarmory, Curselax are your main problems imo. Heracross and Medicham you could prolly wear them down with Zapdos and Flygon, but your Ttar also hinders Zapdos' capabilities to do that. Many of these problems could be solved by adding the ever-useful Gengar over Flygon. Swampert still beats DDtar, and you got Blissey to wall electrics. As you can see, Gengar pretty much covers up DDtar's weakness (Heracross, Medicham, Swampert, and Flygon), as well as providing counter for EQ Curselax. With Gengar replacing Flygon, Skarmory has even less pokemon to switch into.

I would also give Blissey T-Wave over Aromatherapy for a better chance of taking down Zapdos or atleast forcing it to Rest. Par would really help you set up with Zapdos and DDtar or letting Aerodactyl in. It's a matter of preference, though...both would help your team just as much.

Jolly DDtar would outspeed Adamant Dugtrio with 1 DD btw =d

Heracross, Medicham, Swampert, Flygon, Skarmory, Curselax are your main problems imo. Heracross and Medicham you could prolly wear them down with Zapdos and Flygon, but your Ttar also hinders Zapdos' capabilities to do that. Many of these problems could be solved by adding the ever-useful Gengar over Flygon. Swampert still beats DDtar, and you got Blissey to wall electrics. As you can see, Gengar pretty much covers up DDtar's weakness (Heracross, Medicham, Swampert, and Flygon), as well as providing counter for EQ Curselax. With Gengar replacing Flygon, Skarmory has even less pokemon to switch into.

I would also give Blissey T-Wave over Aromatherapy for a better chance of taking down Zapdos or atleast forcing it to Rest. Par would really help you set up with Zapdos and DDtar or letting Aerodactyl in. It's a matter of preference, though...both would help your team just as much.

Jolly DDtar would outspeed Adamant Dugtrio with 1 DD btw =d
Thanks pocket, I completely forgot about Dugtrio [somehow T_T].

I figure my Gengar would be this (?) :

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 Atk [Just guessing, I'm not too good with EVs]
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -SpDef)
-Giga Drain
-Thunderbolt
-Substitute
-Focus Punch

Is that okay?

Personally, don't get rid of Aroma, cause without it, this team will be hurting badly against random statusing, you can't help Jirachi's bolt paralyzing Ttar on the switch, or random Claydol using Toxic against Swampert on the switch or Gengar trying double statusing and so on. If you must get rid of anything for Twave, IB's the first to go, it's not like you'd beat Dugtrio one on one with IB in the first place tbh.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
i'd dump ice beam on swampert for protect. i've grown to like the protect/toxic thing. also helps getting a free hp recovery via leftovers, which is important something like swampert which has no other way of recovery.

also, more times than not salamence will switch out against swampert strictly for the fear of ice beam. that will work for the first 2 or 3 times the matchup is out there, or until they see the entire moveset.

you have enough salamence coverage anyway. blissey with ice beam. aerodactyl. flygon and ttar, sort of. well, ttar moreso than flygon. but yeah, i think you have good enough salamence coverage that swampert doesn't need ice beam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)