Balanced type chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're all overestimating the defensiveness of this meta. One Resistance and one Immunity are not enough to wall a significant part of the meta anytime soon. Gliscor for example is weak to rocks and lost it's resistance to fighting, in exchange he got a resistance to grass & only a 2x weak to ice (so special ice attacks will still hurt a lot), similar to Skarmory who lost it's neutrality to rocks while gaining nothing, that happened to many pokemon, many of the lesser used types lost many important resistances while many offensive mons got new neutralizes (which are gonna be a lot more dangerous now).
It is quite possible that you are right, but still I think you're approaching the problem in the wrong way. There's no reason to assume that good defensive Pokémon in this meta are going to be the same as in standard.

The most important trait in this meta is that every type has an immunity. This is really a huge difference compared to standard. Considering a team has six Pokémon and that each of those Pokémon can be dual type and that there are also abilities that give immunities to certain types, you could easily fit an immunity for all 18 types in the same team.
This is aggravated by the fact that each type has only one weakness, so it's easier for defense to cover specific threats. Worried about Fighting-types? Let's see, Psychic-types are immune to Fighting and weak to Dark, so most Fighting-types will want to have a Dark-type move for coverage. Bang, just slap Gallade and Medicham in your team who happen to be immune to both.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
I feel like this thread deserves more attention. It's a small meta, but it's a pretty interesting one. For instance, the defensive threats. I actually think Water is a better defensive type than steel in this meta, especially because of the fire immunity, which makes them a perfect candidate for sun teams, as it previously turned their resistance to a neutrality, but they are now immune and aren't weak to grass anymore so don't have to worry about solarbeam either. Dragons can probably function in a similar role, but most water types have rapid spin. The flying dragons do have defog though, but also an SR weakness apart from latias and such.

I don't know if this was intentional, but the only type combos to have no weaknesses are Water/Ground and Bug/Rock, both of the latter's types' weaknesses being canceled out by immunities. So Whishcash, Gastrodon, Quagsire, Crustle, and any others I'm forgetting instantly have a defensive niche now. It's not like it would be game-breaking, though, since those Pokemon haven't been or aren't currently threats in the metagame.

Also, Rotom-F now has no weakness as well, and it has one more resistance than Rotom-W now. Blizzard is still lackluster, though :\

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
While I normally hate Gastrodon, it has decent bulk and recovery, as does Quagsire on the physical side along with Unaware. They are looking very good atm.

UnicornDemon

Banned deucer.
Hmm... this is definitely a really cool idea. Poison and grass are two of my favorite types so this game mode is just calling to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)