NOC Bard's College Mafia - Day Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asek

Banned deucer.
**i should add i read these posts w. the knowledge mxmts was lynched and flipped town, and knights was nightkilled, but other then that ive not read the thread**

No I'm talking about people who are being pushed and are actively engaging with the game. I don't want people to tunnel on them and leave the fluffers alone as happens every game
want to link examples on to where this happened, pretty sure in the last few nocs played lurkers got lyncnhed earl
This is just from a glance but Earlio looks fishy for ignoring any of Texas and FH's posts and popping in just to make an RVS vote.
this is probably the first post which makes a move away from spec rubbish / rvs which is always a good look.

That being said, of the two second voters here, Jordan doesn't seems as suspicious as Mx, mainly because he picked Haruno to sheep. When I was last active on the player's side, that wasn't the kind of move you'd make if you were trying to be calculated. Whereas Mx seems to be in a null position where he could state that he didn't see he'd made a wagon. Tinfoil wants to stick to that.
id ask knights to explain waht he meant by this but hes dead. does he mean u dont wnt to sheep haruno? ill see if this is answered later on
I though that if I picked someone with no votes at that point, it would be the same as not voting for anyone, as there were already five different people with one in, so I voted for Champ, knowing they were already voted once. I just didn't think explaining that was important, sorry.
Former Hope: You're liking Aura Guardian's opening. Is there a reason why your RVS vote is still on them if you like his opening?

Unvote ; Vote: mxmts

Because he's /way/ too over-explanatory/defensive, especially this early in the game.
mxmts post reeks of noobtown and prop reason to push onto that seems like a bit of a reach? players who post in that sort of tone are almost always noobytown who feel the need to explain their play out like that.

Texas Cloverleaf is town, for the day one at least. Them trying to figure out the setup is one thing I find that towny.

Former Hope's appeal on us claiming.. just seems like an attempt from a townie to make suggestions for town to play this theme. WIFOM, I don't see mafia going on about claims this early in the game. It would be just too reckless.

Though one thing I didn't like about Former Hope is that their lynch on Aura Guardian. Seems like as if you are lynching them because they are lynching you.
Prophylaxis' point on Former Hope: Connecting to Former's reply, I think there's no real harm in them not getting off Aura Guardian ; they are not on a plurality and we aren't anywhere close to the deadline. Though as said earlier, them lynching Aura Guardian looks fishy.

Prophylaxis' point on mxmts: I will buy this. Easily. I don't find their reaction really pleasing either.
trying to figure out set up in one like this isnt towny. in fact its the opposite - its useless and suits scum purposes by distracting from actual solving

the former hope point is interesting. i dont really see it but this is one of the better 'reads' presented so far.

unlynch
Lynch Champ1604

Stance on FH is too waffly for my tastes. All prophylaxis did was ask FH about the reason behind their vote, why are you bringing up stuff like "I think there's no real harm in them not getting off Aura Guardian ; they are not on a plurality and we aren't anywhere close to the deadline." ? No one else brought this up so this looks like filler.

Also voting someone who hasn't posted in the thread at the point in time instead of a legitimate case that you buy is scummy.
bluedooms probably made the strongest effort to move the game forward and into progress, although i disagree with their reasons for pushing onto champ here. lean town at this point

AG's sudden hop on the MS wagon was kind of wierd, not having much elaboration, and then he jumps off it once it becomes suspicious with just as little explanation.

on the haruno inspecting texas thing I don't see why haruno as scum wants to implicate himself in such a way, if we decide to flip one to verify the check it seems very likely that haruno will be the one to go. The more probable scenario is they're both town, though claiming a clean check on someone who wasn't even remotely under fire before is a weird course of action ? idk I don't think I'd do it at least

don't think the FH/Texas mindmeld at deadline is staged either, more risk than reward here if FH flips mafia

twin's first post not being a vote on someone he suspected while spectating feels weird, i'm more used to him tunneling people hard

no idea whatsoever about AG need to iso

bloodyrain's posts are giving me a headache

i can't tell leet's town game from his scum game but he had a few posts that I didnt like at all, especially the ones where he quotes multiple people and goes "good post" or "haruno will be haruno"

i'm a bit lost in this game, need to find the motivation to do a reread
I'm confused here, tbh. My comments are noting towny-looking posts from people, I don't get what's so wrong with that.

Lynch Hitmonleet Reading through his posts he is extremely scummy to me because all his posts are just full of bullshit designed to look like he is actually providing useful thoughts(great example of this #545). Also find it quite suspicious that AG bandwagons leet on a vote towards MS even though the reasoning in the posts by leet are just blatant copying of reasoning from jordan/bloody. Also something of note is that ag never mentions leet at all besides for the vote on MS and leet has brought up AG as "suspicious" but has never laid out any reasoning why or has actually pushed AG.
Wait, what?
Ok, this is straight up annoying to me. You go under suspicion when you vanish from view, and then immediately pop up with crappy reasoning to try and deflect to someone else.
1. You don't even define this "bullshit" you claim my posts are full of
2. You claim my posts are blatant copies when you've evidently never read MS' entrance then
3. I have mentioned why AG's suspicious: The champwagoning, the weak, fluffy logic, and his wierd bandwagon-hopping.

Meanwhile what have you actually done? You latched upon what seemed to be an easy mislynch to try and keep yourself away from suspicion.

Leet also ignores the posts by proph on 538-539 where he states that he is a bit wary of leet to respond to other posts about proph to then deflect into another subject in haruno which is just ringing more alarm bells from post 545
Leet also ignores the posts by proph on 538-539 where he states that he is a bit wary of leet to respond to other posts about proph to then deflect into another subject in haruno which is just ringing more alarm bells from post 545
Those were just straight statements on my play, I didn't find a need to answer them with statements (those I did feel the need to respond to I responded to in 545)

Leet's ignoring of posts that throw accusations of him being possible scum also lines up with his meta in his previous scum game in m12.
Examples please
Your points are weak, you're already suspicious, and you then try to deflect suspicion with weak distractions for arguments

Tl;Dr Unvote vote Thetwinmasters OMGUS OMGUS OMGUS

i feel the same way about leet every time. imo this time around i would place his play right in between popcorn and matrix noc. maybe closer towards the scum side. not a lot of voting a lot of quoting but just saying "this feels weird" or "i agree with you"

idk i can buy it. will hopefully contribute more tomorrow.

unvote vote leet
Hmmm?

Could you perhaps clarify your point? It's fluffy and essentially a regurgitation of what moody/twin said

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Ok sonic hasn’t showed up yet I’m starting to lean harder on scum cuz he’s usually way more active than this

Consider my vote a real vote now

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
I’m also ok with a Twin lynch, any game I’ve been with that had Twin in it had him leading town so this type of play is really pinging me. I’ll think about my options

vote hitmonleet
I would really like an actual explanation as to why you think I'm scum here. You complain about a few of my responses being comments on what I think of them, and then vote me, which is a real ????? here.

lynch leet.

niggas shouldve listened to the prophet day 1 lmao
Meanwhile this dude just makes no argument at all and nobody even questions it
What
What

At least Jalmont provided some sort of logical rational instead of a façade of thinking

Metal Sonic(4): BLOODYRAIN10001, XnadrojX, Hitmonleet, Earlio
Thetwinmasters(4): Prophylaxis, Texas Cloverleaf, Former Hope, Hitmonleet
Hitmonleet(5): Metal Sonic, MoodyCloud, Thetwinmasters, jalmont, Haruno
Granny Pie(1): MeowMIXXX
MeowMixxx(1): Aura Guardian
Former Hope(1): bluedoom

deadline in 8h 7min

don't expect anything else til like two hours before EOD

AG's sudden hop on the MS wagon was kind of wierd, not having much elaboration, and then he jumps off it once it becomes suspicious with just as little explanation.

I'm confused here, tbh. My comments are noting towny-looking posts from people, I don't get what's so wrong with that.

Wait, what?
Ok, this is straight up annoying to me. You go under suspicion when you vanish from view, and then immediately pop up with crappy reasoning to try and deflect to someone else.
1. You don't even define this "bullshit" you claim my posts are full of
2. You claim my posts are blatant copies when you've evidently never read MS' entrance then
3. I have mentioned why AG's suspicious: The champwagoning, the weak, fluffy logic, and his wierd bandwagon-hopping.

Meanwhile what have you actually done? You latched upon what seemed to be an easy mislynch to try and keep yourself away from suspicion.

Those were just straight statements on my play, I didn't find a need to answer them with statements (those I did feel the need to respond to I responded to in 545)

Examples please
Your points are weak, you're already suspicious, and you then try to deflect suspicion with weak distractions for arguments

Tl;Dr Unvote vote Thetwinmasters OMGUS OMGUS OMGUS
how the fuck in post 545 is mentioning meow doesn't stand out/haruno is being haruno/ and pointing 1 good point in your view without any specific reasoning is anything useful and it is fucking hilarious you are accusing me of trying to move the lynch on me to an easy mislynch on you when if I really wanted to do that I could have just easily put a vote on MS

I'd also like to point leet only attacks my reasoning in his initial posts responding to his wagon when the other 2 votes arguably have worse reasoning/no reasoning just he can flip a vote onto me instead 1 of haruno/jalmont

how the fuck in post 545 is mentioning meow doesn't stand out/haruno is being haruno/ and pointing 1 good point in your view without any specific reasoning is anything useful and it is fucking hilarious you are accusing me of trying to move the lynch on me to an easy mislynch on you when if I really wanted to do that I could have just easily put a vote on MS
Simple: It looks less suspicious for you and your mafia cronies to create a new wagon than to jump on one that's already happening. It makes you less suspicious
You're the hilarious one here trying to push a mislynch so hard that you look like an idiot

And I did give reasoning -_- You aren't even reading my posts and yet you try to push my lynch

Plus you seem to completely ignore that I broke that post up into two different ones

I'd also like to point leet only attacks my reasoning in his initial posts responding to his wagon when the other 2 votes arguably have worse reasoning/no reasoning just he can flip a vote onto me instead 1 of haruno/jalmont
Because they made no argument and it's a Painfully obvious bandwagon
Also because I like not getting lynched obviously

Asek

Banned deucer.
Explain why you think Texas trying to figure out the setup is townie? I know it's early, but I don't see any attempt by them to figure out other people's alignments here, and deliberating over the setup is something scum can easily do.
Explain how any of this helps us catch the bad guys, thanks.

We're not immediately revealing our usage of abilities; we're not assigning value towards players who have used their one-shots. We should just play this as a normal game. Focusing on mechanics is a trap.
I find the lack of responses/acknowledgement to my mxmts vote other than Champ to be pretty telling.

My confirmation biased mind makes me think that it's scum trying to brush over the entire thing but we'll see.
this is a fine series of posts (the quotes may look a bit weird without quoted posts in my qutes to give context)
i think the mxmts thing is weird (once again) as it was a bit of a stretch to vote it, and it was within the first page. most people here would be rvsig (and as far i can tell) activity is shite and lots of ppl here are n00by.
We need to focus on something, at least. Mafia thrives in low activity situations.

I've got slight scum reads on Blue and Mx, as explained before. You and Texas read pretty Townie.
i dont know how you can come to conclsion blue = scum and texas = town after these posts, if anything those positions are reversed for me after these pages
For reference, #37

Tbh this still bothers me. We've got this random person coming in with their opening to their first smogon mafia game full of mafia slang and logical arguments. It just rubs me the wrong way.

Prophylaxis have you played mafia on any other sites before?
what bothers you about experience, this makes no sense and looks like a really, really poorly done attempt at throwing shade onto another slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)