Ability: Flame Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain

Volcarona has a main role as a setup sweeper. Switches in on hazard setters/walls, forces a switch due to its sheer pressure, and proceeds to setup a quiver dance - unless I can predict a OHKO through giga drain. Depending on what switched into it, I'll use whichever move suits best - or setup another quiver dance.
It relies heavily on not having hazards on the field, especially stealth rock, not to mention it is quite weak to rock moves (which are mostly physical), which is why donphan is there.
Life orb greatly increases damage at the cost of survivability - which works well with giga drain and Florges' wish-passing, and allows me to squeeze a OHKO at times.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish

Florges is my go-to special wall - hardly any team I make does not have it. Its considerable bulk and wish passing, with a neat dragon-type immunity and access to moonblast makes it a force to be reckoned with. Aromatherapy is used to prevent the rest of my team from being crippled by a status.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Donphan is played as a hazard setter and spinner, and doubles as a physical wall. Its ground typing gives me a good set of resistances, complementing Volcarona quite nicely. However, it can be a bit of a setup bait, which is why I run knock off.

Toxicroak (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch
- Sucker Punch

Toxicroak is a good bulky offensive pokémon. Its typing gives it great stab, and dry skin coupled with assault vest and decent bulk allows it to pretty much counter M-Blastoise. Switches in on predicted water attacks (which usually target either volcarona or chandelure, giving many opportunities for free switches). Gunk shot deals tremendous damage to any fairy and grass type, and is its main damage dealer if health is full - if it isn't, then Drain punch ensures it stays on the field.
Sucker Punch surprises pesky psychic types and ice punch deals with dragon and ground types nicely.

Aerodactyl-Mega (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge

M-Aerodactyl is the hardest 'mon to justify here. Its moveset may seem a little weird, but it gives me good coverage. Its crazy high speed and great attack stat make it a force to be reckoned with, and Dragon Claws allow it to deal with pesky dragon types if Florges doesn't feel like it. :)

Chandelure (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp

Chandelure, another staple on my personal teams, is a lot more flexible than people give him credit for. I've fallen in love with this set - which I call "passive aggressive". Since people do not expect this to happen, I can more often than not get a "free" substitute up, or greatly cripple a physical attacker, setting up for a powerful Hex (130BP makes it the strongest ghost-type move available). Its naturally high Sp.Atk already makes it a threat, and Flash Fire gives it an useful immunity and can give a free switch-in from time to time.

Volcarona's about to fall to UU (as is goodra - but please tell me if those stats are fake or something) so my team's getting ready for that.

Playstyle should be fairly obvious and straightforward. No gimmicks (except for WoW -> Hex).
Assault Vest Toxicroak is the main 'mon usually, except when Volcarona finds room to setup.
Donphan is much needed due to its resistance to SR and rapid spinning. I could perhaps use a second spinner/defogger due to Volcarona's 4x weakness to rock.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You can't just assume something's gonna fall and make a team wjth it and post it here.. you have to test it first etc. You also need descriptions on your team members, and defensive Chandelure is terrible.

Read the rules please.

I'm not "assuming", I'm basing myself off of the latests usage stats linked there and HERE <- there's a link there, click it.

Defensive chandelure has saved me time and time again. It's how I use it, and it works. I have always felt scarf sets limited me far too much.
I gave short descriptions - the last time I posted a team here, I've made extense descriptions, with images and all, and I didn't get a single response.

I do agree that the EV feels odd, especially considering how its stat spread suggests it's a friggin' nuke. But, from personal experience - which, considering my low-ish glicko, is usually fights against poorly constructed teams or average players as myself - this set has worked with greater reliability than the usual scarf-revenge killer set, letting me cripple physical sweepers, and greatly damage important 'mons that do not resist its STABs.

As far as the team as a whole goes, I'm finding moderate success in OU (around 50 to 60% of my fights were victories). Considering the fact that I'm playing in OU, I find that it's a good sign, right?

Considering much of the team's pretty standard, I hardly believe in depth descriptions are needed.

But since two of you have asked...

Volcarona has a main role as a setup sweeper. Switches in on hazard setters/walls, forces a switch due to its sheer pressure, and proceeds to setup a quiver dance - unless I can predict a OHKO through giga drain. Depending on what switched into it, I'll use whichever move suits best - or setup another quiver dance.
It relies heavily on not having hazards on the field, especially stealth rock, not to mention it is quite weak to rock moves (which are mostly physical), which is why donphan is there.
Life orb greatly increases damage at the cost of survivability - which works well with giga drain and Florges' wish-passing, and allows me to squeeze a OHKO at times.

Donphan is played as a hazard setter and spinner, and doubles as a physical wall. Its ground typing gives me a good set of resistances, complementing Volcarona quite nicely. However, it can be a bit of a setup bait, which is why I run knock off.

Florges is my go-to special wall - hardly any team I make does not have it. Its considerable bulk and wish passing, with a neat dragon-type immunity and access to moonblast makes it a force to be reckoned with. Aromatherapy is used to prevent the rest of my team from being crippled by a status.

Toxicroak is a good bulky offensive pokémon. Its typing gives it great stab, and dry skin coupled with assault vest and decent bulk allows it to pretty much counter M-Blastoise. Switches in on predicted water attacks (which usually target either volcarona or chandelure, giving many opportunities for free switches). Gunk shot deals tremendous damage to any fairy and grass type, and is its main damage dealer if health is full - if it isn't, then Drain punch ensures it stays on the field.

Chandelure, another staple on my personal teams, is a lot more flexible than people give him credit for. I've fallen in love with this set - which I call "passive aggressive". Since people do not expect this to happen, I can more often than not get a "free" substitute up, or greatly cripple a physical attacker, setting up for a powerful Hex (130BP makes it the strongest ghost-type move available). Its naturally high Sp.Atk already makes it a threat, and Flash Fire gives it an useful immunity and can give a free switch-in from time to time.

M-Aerodactyl is the hardest 'mon to justify here. Its moveset may seem a little weird, but it gives me good coverage. Its crazy high speed and great attack stat make it a force to be reckoned with, and Dragon Claws allow it to deal with pesky dragon types if Florges doesn't feel like it. :)

That's it, I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)