Data Battle Tower MkII (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!) [SEE POST #6786]

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

4v4 FE Singles (Restriction: Pokémon must have <= 40 moves, disregarding Raid exclusive moves)
3 Day DQ Time
∞ Recoveries/∞ Chills per Pokémon
2 non-KO Substitutions per Pokémon
Switch = OK
Abilities = ALL
Items = ON
# Mega Evolutions = ZERO
Arena: Weather Simulation Chamber
Arena: Weather Simulation Chamber
Field Type:
Neutral
Complexity: Intense
Format: All
Restrictions: No Self-Induced Weather

A 100ft x 100ft x 100ft room made of a white metallic alloy. The east and west edges of the arena have 10-foot-wide rectangular pools of water that run the length of the arena. The floor can be dug through and seismic moves can be used without any problem. The floor also has artificial grass that can be used as an external grass source. Weather-inducing moves and abilities cannot be used.

In the middle of the arena is a machine that can generate weather upon being hit. Area of effect moves like Earthquake and Surf will always hit the machine, while other damaging moves that miss have a 50% chance of hitting the machine (multi-target moves that miss multiple targets only get this chance once). If the machine is hit by a damaging attack, it will change the weather at the end of the round. The weather will be chosen at random; each weather condition apart from the current one has an equal chance of being selected unless specified otherwise. All weather conditions will last until the machine is hit again. The possible weathers are as follows (note: Overcoat and Magic Guard always protect pokemon from damage dealt by any of these weathers):
  • Clear (default): No effect. This will not be chosen if the machine is hit more than once in the round.
  • Sun: Same effect as Sunny Day. This will not be chosen if the machine is hit more than once in the round.
  • Rain: Same effect as Rain Dance. This will not be chosen if the machine is hit more than once in the round.
  • Sandstorm: Same effect as Sandstorm. This will not be chosen if the machine is hit more than once in the round.
  • Hail: Same effect as Hail. This will not be chosen if the machine is hit more than once in the round.
  • Snow: Same effect as Hail except does not damage non-ice-types and does not heal pokemon with Ice Body. Also increases the base power of Powder Snow by 3. This will not be chosen if the machine is hit more than once in the round.
  • Fog: Reduces the accuracy of all pokemon by 1 stage as long as it is in effect. The move Defog will clear the fog, changing the weather to clear. This will not be chosen if the machine is hit more than twice in the round.
  • Acid Rain: Does 2 damage per action to all pokemon except poison-types. Weather Ball is poison-type.
  • Thunderstorm: Does 5 damage per action to all pokemon except electric- and ground-types and pokemon with Lightningrod, Volt Absorb and/or Motor Drive. Electric-type moves have their base power increased by 3. Thunder and Hurricane are 100% accurate. Weather Ball is electric-type.

QUEUE
Its_A_Random vs. TBC (4v4 FE Singles)

Posting two open challenges!

2v2 Babysitter (1 FE, 1 NFE) Doubles
1 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
2 Subs/mon
Switch = KO
All Abilities
Training Items
0 Megas
ASB Arena

--

2v2 Babysitter (1 FE, 1 LC) Doubles
1 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
2 Subs/mon
Switch = KO
All Abilities
Training Items
0 Megas
ASB Arena

QUEUE
Canis Majoris vs. ??? (2v2 1 FE 1 NFE Doubles)
Canis Majoris vs. ??? (2v2 1 FE 1 LC Doubles)

Sending out an open challenge.

2v2 Babysitter Doubles (1 FE + 1 NFE)
5 Chills/2 Recoveries
2 Day DQ
2 Substitutions
All Abilities
Training Items
0 Mega Evolutions
Switch=KO
ASB Arena

Queue:
Canis Majoris vs. Colourcodedchaos (note spelling) (2v2 1 FE 1 NFE Doubles)
Canis Majoris vs. S0L1D G0LD (2v2 1 FE 1 NFE Doubles)
P2X7 vs. ??? (2v2 1 FE 1 NFE Doubles)

Taking the above. Just my luck that there were two of these challenge types I could accept.

Queue:
Canis Majoris vs. Colourcodedchaos (note spelling) (2v2 1 FE 1 NFE Doubles)
P2X7 vs. S0L1D G0LD (2v2 1 FE 1 NFE Doubles)

I'll ref Canis Majoris and colourcodedchaos. Show me your mons!

Queue:
Its_A_Random vs. TBC (4v4 FE Singles) ref: Psyco Josho
Canis Majoris vs. colourcodedchaos (2v2 1 FE 1 NFE Doubles)

Flashing Lupus!
1v1 LC
Standard LC flashing rules
Technically speaking LCs are like children so no jokes here
Arena: Final Destination, whatever the bally hell that inflicts upon us.

Gem to ref.

ALRIGHT, time for my first kind-of-serious match!

Challenging starwarsfan to a B5P4 FE singles!
- All items.
- All Abilities.
- 2 subs.
- Switch = OK
- 5 chills / 2 recoveries.
- ASB Arena.
- 2 Day DQ, I guess.
- I'm sure you'll want MegaEvos = 1

If I missed anything, you can choose it.

And I have just realized, I'm getting my ass kicked. I hate Mega Mawile (not as much as Sableye though).

Queue:
tavok vs starwarsfan (Unnacepted) (B5P4 FE Singles)

Last edited:
Accepting tavok.
Also first sendout is decided by coinflip.

Queue:
starwarsfan vs. tavok (b5p4 FE Singles)

Last edited:
Can anyone answer my mad challenge?
6v6 Mono Type Little Cup
Triples Battle (Just to keep it interesting)
5 Chills/2 Recoveries
3 Day DQ
2 Subs
All Abilities
Training Items
Switch=OK
ASB Arena

(Mono type=All members of your team must share a type)

Queue:
Ff7hero vs ??? (6v6 LC Monotype Triples)

Last edited:
Can anyone answer my mad challenge?
6v6 Mono Type Little Cup
Triples Battle (Just to keep it interesting)
5 Chills/2 Recoveries
3 Day DQ
2 Subs
All Abilities
Training Items
Switch=OK
ASB Arena

(Mono type=All members of your team must share a type)
I'll take this! Prepare to meet your watery demise.

Queue:

Challenging Gem to pit LC mons against each other, because beating up kids is fun!

This is probably why I'm no longer allowed near schools.

2v2 LC Doubles Flash
Switch = KO
All abilities
Training Items
1 Day DQ
2Chill5Rec
2Sub
Any arena of m'dear Gem's choosing. =]

Last edited:
I've got two matches for you all today!

First, I've got my 3,000 post match! It is a bit late but whatever. I'd like to invite dogfish to this one, but I invite you all to watch the match, not only because it'll be a great match, but it's also the unveiling of the beta version of my new gym Arena!

4v4 Singles FE Match
2 Day DQ, 3 Days for the Ref
Items=On
All Abilities
Switch=OK
2 Substitutions
Arena: The Sonata Theatre

Deep in the reaches of Castelia City in the Unova region, is a small corner where the Normal Gym of CAP ASB resides. At least, that's what you were told, but after exploring the city from end to end you have found nothing. You were warned that this gym was particularly difficult to find, but you didn't expect it to be this hard. Frustrated, you decide to stop in for a drink at some random coffee shop to refuel and review the directions you were given. After just a bit more walking, you find a place called the Cafe Sonata, and walk in for a drink. After ordering one, you sit in a corner of the cafe and bring out your map.

While you are reviewing the map, a man walks over and says "Say, you wouldn't happen to be looking for the ASB Gym around here would you?" You nod, and he chuckles a bit "Yeah, a lot of people get themselves lost on the way there, but I can show you where it is if you like." You swiftly take up his generous offer, and the man guides down several streets, until you finally reach a place called The Sonata Theatre. Raising your eyebrow a bit, you explain that you're looking for the gym, to which the man responds with "Yeah, it's here all right, I find it baffling that he set up shop here of all places, but hey, what can you do?" The two of you walk in, and you immediately notice a small poster noting a schedlue. What particularly strikes your interest are the events labeled "Baron Maximus's Gym", to which your guide explains "Yeah, that's the gym leader all right, he puts up a rather interesting performance every week with his gym matches. I'm sure you'll see soon enough."

Your guide directs you into the back of the theatre, explaining that you're one of the challengers for the gym here. In the back, you find a lot of up and coming thespians, stagehands, and other such people getting ready for something. Soon after you enter, a man in a blue longcoat approaches you.

"Ah, Hello, I trust you've found this place without too many issues?"

You shake your head, to which the man responds.

"Ah blast it, how many times do I have to tell the League to put down better directions to this place? Regardless, you're here now, and not a moment too soon. A few things about the arena before we get started. First, you can tell our stagehands to roll out a "Setting" every time you switch Pokemon. Don't worry overmuch about it, it just gives your moves a bit of extra oomph. Next, you'll want to pick out some props for your Pokemon. I have a large list of rules regarding it, but suffice to say it'll change your typing effectiveness just a little bit. That's pretty much all I have to say, just don't try and knock your opponent's props off, we can't have costumes going off in the middle of the production after all!"

Effects in Detail:
1. Every time a Pokemon is sent out onto the battlefield, the trainer must choose a "Setting" to place his Pokemon in. All that is really required here is a typing that is strong in this setting. The setting can be anything the trainer can imagine flavor-wise, so long as it's in good taste. Whichever typing you choose will get +1 BAP for all moves of that type...for both sides of the field. This setting may change every time a Pokemon comes in, even if they have been in before. Important: You MUST choose a setting and specify what effect that setting has, otherwise it will default to a Normal Arena that gives +1 BAP to Normal typed moves.

2. Every Pokemon sent out on the field may, if they choose to do so, equip a prop. The props in this arena have a strange effect on Pokemon, and allow them to choose a resistance to gain, but also forces them to choose a new weakness. The prop itself will be equipped in addition to the current held item the Pokemon has, and can be anything the trainer can think of, so long as it's in good taste. Do note that this is not compulsory, and the trainer can choose to not equip a prop. Unlike Settings, these props are permanent and may not be changed if the Pokemon comes out again.

Rulings:
a. A prop ticks a resistance/weakness either one tier up/down. For instance, a Pokemon that equips a fire resistant prop will have it's weakness shift from 2x to 1x, while it could also intensify his water weakness from 2x to 4x.

b. A prop must either create or intensify a weakness.

c. Props do not count as items for the purposes of Fling, Unburden, etc.

d. If an ability interacts with a certain typing (such as Lightningrod) then the Pokemon's weakness/resistance is assumed to be changed according to that ability. (For instance, a Pokemon with Motor Drive would be assumed to have an immunity to electric attacks, while a Pokemon with Thick Fat would be treated as though it had a resistance to Ice and Fire.

e. Immunities cannot be affected by props at all.

f. Props cannot put a weakness past 4x, or a resistance past 1/4x.

g. The Normal typing cannot be affected by a Prop (basically, you can't say all Pokemon have Normal resistance)

3. Because it would be rude to knock off an actor's disguise during a performance, moves, abilities, etc that prohibit, knock off, or change the position of an item are not allowed.

Tl:Dr Version
1. Make sure to set a typing for your Setting every time you send out a Pokemon
2. You may choose a prop to change your resistances/weaknesses by one each.
3. Items cannot be prevented from having their effect.

However, for those of you willing to try out my gym arena, I have a shorter but no less important match. I can confirm that I'm bringing Normal types for this one, so come prepared!

3v3 Singles Match FE
2 Day DQ, 3 Days for the Ref
Items=On
All Abilities
Switch=OK
2 Substitutions
Arena: The Sonata Theatre

So who's up for testing my arena!

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Oooh, FE Singles? Have at thee!

Queue:
Dogfish44 vs Maxim (4v4 FE Singles)
Maxim vs ??? (3v3 FE Singles)

I would please like to fight someone in an everything standard ASB arena NFE 1v1 quick match. I wish to train my Maril for use in Raids. Please and thankyou.

QUEUE
deadfox081 vs ??? (1v1 NFE Singles)

Dogfish44 and Maxim, you can PM me your mons.

Also, I don't know if I stated this, but I'll be reffing Its_A_Random when his battle gets accepted.

QUEUE
Its_A_Random vs. ??? (4v4 FE Singles) ref: Psyco Josho
deadfox081 vs ??? (1v1 NFE Singles)

Open Challenge
2v2 FE Singles
1 Day DQ, 2 Days for the Ref
Infinite Chills/Recoveries
Items=On
All Abilities
Switch=KO
2 Substitutions
Arena: ASB Arena - Desimated Edition
Induces a state of Anarchy in all Pokemon: 1/3 Chance of any given move being replaced by a random offensive, not-NVE move.

Looking for a subref for this.

QUEUE
Its_A_Random vs. ??? (4v4 FE Singles) ref: Psyco Josho
deadfox081 vs Geodude6? (1v1 NFE Singles)
SimonSays vs ??? (2v2 FE Singles)
tavok vs youngjake93 (3v3 NFE Singles) (Subref)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)