#battlespot IRC Party!

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I got absolutely destroyed both games, rip me D:

Anyway this event was really unexpectedly well-attended, which was very surprising to me considering I had nothing to do with it. I think we had about 22 people at peak, very nice!

It was really fun getting to meet you guys, we definitely need to have another really soon! Hopefully this encourages you to become regular IRC users too, even when there's no special event going on.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm in favour of doing the same thing next week (same time same day), to coincide with OR/AS. It's a talking point :p

And yeah. Thanks everyone for showing up, to be honest I was a bit worried that this would fall through somehow, or that once everyone was there I'd have to carry the conversation. Thankfully, this is one of the best communities in Smogon, and the event ended up being a complete and utter blast. Thankyou so much to everyone who helped me make this contribution to the forum, and I hope that it ends up being useful to the evolution of our little corner of Smogon. ^_^

Had a great time, had some fun battles (Despite my ADD internet; sorry guys! :__;). Definitely in favor of doing this more often! :D

Against Age of Kings (such a close match!):
68TW-WWWW-WWWA-J89Q

I stood no chance against Kortex's skillz, but I had fun:
AU4W-WWWW-WWWA-J88Y
QTXG-WWWW-WWWA-J88K

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm pretty sad I didn't make this considering how good it sounds to have been. I got home with about an hour left but just crashed and fell asleep on the couch! I'll definitely try and make the next one but if it's the same time next week I'll probably be in the same boat :(

But Hula is right, we don't need scheduled events to hop on irc. It would be cool if there were regulars on that too (coming from me that has never been on lol, I want to get more involved with it)

Yeah it was a shit ton of fun. I think this should be a weekly or every other week thing. (just an idea) to make it even more of a party (we had beer what else do we need) i think we could do a weekly BS tour on showdown or Challonge. not sure how this idea could work or if prizes will be involved but.....

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah it was pretty awesome. Special thanks to Feliburn for inviting the PS! people, it seemed that they enjoyed themselves too. I still have plenty of Bagon if anyone wants one. (I wish I had a good video for the pizza rolls references, but it's totally relevant.)

Maybe we could have tours with multibattles? Those were a hit. Could be just a tad better organized because we constantly had people being WHO AM I FIGHTING? WHICH FCS DO I ADD? etc. but I'm sure we can work something out. Maybe casual flat battles with in-game teams like the good old days next week because I think most people will be working on in-game runs rather than competitive play.

Jhon Pyritie I will be busy next Saturday when it would be convenient for you guys but I think that the rest of the NA folks should make special effort to be there during the afternoon so the EU people don't miss out. And then stay for the evenings when the Oceania people will be online. Other than getting my car fixed, I'll be a social leper next weekend with ORAS and Sm4sh on my table.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Anyway this event was really unexpectedly well-attended, which was very surprising to me considering I had nothing to do with it.
Obviously I was there because ethan06, who is definitely cooler and throws the most hype parties. ^_^

I was very tired, but it was fun none the less. I finally surrendered to tiredness ~5am.
An African/European timezone friendly event wouldn't go unappreciated.
You were stronger than I was. I lasted until a bit after 1 am before crashing. :P

---

I would be interested in another IRC party next Saturday (will need to double check my schedule, though), if you can drag me away from Smash/Omega Ruby long enough. I definitely think it should start early enough for the European timezones this time.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
I would be interested in another IRC party next Saturday (will need to double check my schedule, though), if you can drag me away from Smash/Omega Ruby long enough. I definitely think it should start early enough for the European timezones this time.
porque no los dos

I have to get my car fixed Saturday afternoon, but I'll pretty much be home all day and signed onto irc because of ORAS. Hope to see most of you there!

porque no los dos

I have to get my car fixed Saturday afternoon, but I'll pretty much be home all day and signed onto irc because of ORAS. Hope to see most of you there!
stop talking about ORAS your making my jealous lol. anyway if we are partying again on saturday then i think we could (for the sake of those itmezones that have bad hours) maybe we could start a bit earlier. maybe about a hour? idk if this would help but meh....

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
We can basically start whenever you want, the channel is up all the time. As long as you've got people to talk to you can do it whenever you'd like. Organizing a specific time is helpful for people who have a very tight schedule and need to plan it ahead, but by all means feel free to use it whenever (in fact we wish more people would go on often).

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
A slight change of plans, I won't be around for part of the evening due to seeing the new Hunger Games with the family (and I'm super excited for it too!) but I'll be online whenever I'm at home this weekend. Such as right now :P

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
...is it bad that we co-opted the battle spot IRC for a smash party? O_o

Man, has it been EPIC. And still going on. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)