Tournament BLT II: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Art and Approval from sirDonovan, Credit to Spy for the layout

Welcome to the semifinals of BLT II! Congratulations to the four teams that have made it this far. This will work almost identically to the group stages, with the seven players of each team facing off in a best of one series. As for the matchups, the number one ranked team in the Black Group will be facing the number two ranked team in the White Group. Subsequently, the number one ranked team in the White Group will be facing the number two ranked team in the Black Group. These matchups have not already occurred during the group stages, so we are in for some interesting battles! Due to my lateness with the thread (sorry), the deadline is pushed to Tuesday, November 17th at 5pm EST (GMT -5), so get in contact with your opponent as soon as possible! Good luck to everyone.

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments

Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. The punishment could be as severe as a server ban (which is an instant loss for you), forum infraction, or disqualification. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done, and I will not be granting any extensions for any reasons. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend[ to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified.

Substitutions: Managers are free to substitute out inactive players at any point during the week with anyone on this list. Be sure to post in the thread when making a substitution.

Matchups! The format is Smogon name (PS name, if different):

___vs._

Fletchinder Eterna (anto) - Celestic Celebis (Snowy.)
Fletchinder Eterna (0) vs. (0) Celestic Celebis

Ubers: pokeblade101 / PK-XxBladezxX-101 vs. Dominatio
OU: Hairy Toenail vs. Updated Kanto
UU: Pak / Pakmasta vs. Do A Bibarel
RU: naruto(sage) vs. Roseybear
NU: M&M suspect test vs. Jarii
LC: Lepros vs. OP
DOU: miltankmilk vs. Lasagne

_vs._

Canalave Cobalions (ANTEMORTEM) - Vermillion Volcaronas (Winry)
Canalave Cobalions (0) vs. (0) Vermillion Volcaronas

Ubers: Megazard vs. Pohjis
OU: Jmac AU vs. Scyther no Swiping
UU: Jordn / Jrdn vs. Eyan
RU: TheLastOne vs. Arifeen
NU: Kiyo vs. AV99
LC: majaspic22 vs. BreloomMyHomie / TechSupportBreloom
DOU: Ace-11 vs. EXAMPLE000

To the players: Remember to use Tournaments chat's new private room, The Dojo, to discuss everything about BLT and find your opponents! Again, this week ends November 17th at 5:00 PM EST. Good luck everyone!

feen

control
is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
RU Leader
prediction time
Fletchinder Eterna (3) vs Celestic Celebis (4)
Ubers: pokeblade101 / PK-XxBladezxX-101 vs. Dominatio - Better player overall
OU: Hairy Toenail vs. Updated Kanto - Although Andy's a lord, Updated Kanto has been playing and focusing on OU more than him
UU: Pak / Pakmasta vs. Do A Bibarel - The best UU player of this tour should definitely win
RU: naruto(sage) vs. Roseybear - Saw Naruto(sage) play really well, he got this.
NU: M&M suspect test vs. Jarii - Jarii is a God
LC: Lepros vs. OP - OP is OP and has played LC for a longer time
DOU: miltankmilk vs. Lasagne - MiltankMilk is the better player overall

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
OU: Hairy Toenail vs. Updated Kanto----->i need toenail to win so he goes positive in our team tour :o
NU: M&M suspect test vs. Jarii
LC: Lepros vs. OP
DOU: miltankmilk vs. Lasagne

Ubers: Megazard vs. Pohjis----->wonder what type of team pohjis will use !_!
UU: Jordn / Jrdn vs. Eyan
RU: TheLastOne vs. Arifeen----->I KNOW HE WON BUT I WOULDA PREDICTED IT ANYWAY
NU: Kiyo vs. AV99
LC: majaspic22 vs. BreloomMyHomie / TechSupportBreloom
DOU: Ace-11 vs. EXAMPLE000

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
s-sparksblade senpai thinks I have a chance

Contacted

Also there are so many great matchups this week that no matter who wins, its deserved. I can't look at one of the matchups in our game save maybe 1 that there is a really clear favorite. GET HYPE

Last edited:
Reactions: Pak

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
Fletchinder Eterna (0) vs. (3) Celestic Celebis
Ubers: pokeblade101 / PK-XxBladezxX-101 vs. Dominatio - seen both these players play carefully. Gotta go with dom, should be a good match though.
OU: Hairy Toenail vs. Updated Kanto - close match, UK's looking hot right now.
UU: Pak / Pakmasta vs. Do A Bibarel - Don't know you guys
RU: naruto(sage) vs. Roseybear - Don't know you guys
NU: M&M suspect test vs. Jarii - Jarii going for that soTsoT status.
LC: Lepros vs. OP - Don't know you guys.
DOU: miltankmilk vs. Lasagne - Both are hot players, could go either way.

Canalave Cobalions (1) vs. (3) Vermillion Volcaronas
Ubers: Megazard vs. Pohjis - I'm pretty much snaking both of you lol. However, I've known Pohjis longer & Pohjis is bae & I think his overall superior experience of Ubers will get him on top. (of me)
OU: Jmac AU vs. Scyther no Swiping - hot match
UU: Jordn / Jrdn vs. Eyan - Gotta go with UU god Eyan
RU: TheLastOne vs. Arifeen - Catch you at the other end of the border
NU: Kiyo vs. AV99 - I think he's the overall better player.
LC: majaspic22 vs. BreloomMyHomie / TechSupportBreloom - can't say
DOU: Ace-11 vs. EXAMPLE000 - idk.

Last edited:
(3) Vs (4)

Ubers: Megazard vs. Pohjis - This pick was like already garantee wins please nerf
OU: Jmac AU vs. Scyther no Swiping - Close match for sure but Scyther knows how to feel the power of a Driver.
UU: Jordn / Jrdn vs. Eyan - Are we going again with I do not talk to you again if you lose? Answer is yes.
RU: TheLastOne vs. Arifeen - I'm so good at predicting holy shit.
NU: Kiyo vs. AV99 - Pretty easy since it's Kiyo.
LC: majaspic22 vs. BreloomMyHomie / TechSupportBreloom - This one well Majaspic despite alot not knowing he was in the LC open finals.
DOU: Ace-11 vs. EXAMPLE000 - Don't even know Example neither saw him playing.

Pak

vortex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Are we playing with the recent drops this week? I assume we would but I'm just making sure since we didn't last week.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
tried this time bc of all the blowback, so I inevitably got haxed out of the win anyway
gg I guess, pohjis still played it right and had to hope for the hax to have a shot at winning
edit: here's the replay http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-291861656 my chances to lose were just crit/flinch on don or missing draco
edit 2: forgot to tag Peli, he likes to watch me get haxed

Last edited:

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I think it would be easier for everyone if we did not use the tier drops, just so no one is forced to build multiple new teams to adapt to the new Pokemon. See post 33

Last edited:
I think it would be easier for everyone if we did not use the tier drops, just so no one is forced to build multiple new teams to adapt to the new Pokemon.
thats not how tournaments work. as a tier is updated, the tournament is also updated to follow those changes, otherwise you're playing a different tier. 2 players in a matchup can agree to not use the drops if they want, but you can't alter a tier on a whim. people committed to playing these tiers, they should be competent enough to deal with a few changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)