Born in Blood UU RMT

Born in Blood UU Balanced RMT 1600 plus CRE

Born In Blood RMT

Introduction

Hello and welcome. I would like to thank you for clicking and for any rates that you may give. With the end of a round in a few days I decided that I would RMT the team that has worked for me this period. The team has been my most successful ever; breaking 1600 CRE and getting 30th on the leaderboars to attest to its ability. However improvement is always possible. As you can guess from the title I themed the RMT after the television drama, Dexter. Enjoy

The Closer Look

Hitmontop @ Life Orb Dexter Morgan
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant (+Atk/-SpA)
EVs: 228 HP/252 Atk/28 Spe
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Mach Punch / Rapid Spin

Why Hitmontop? Anti-Leads happen to be the new rage. As such I decided to make my own.Being able to limit frosslass to one layer, while killing off hari, kabutops, ambipom,rock, steel, cloyster, and omnistar is no lauging matter. Furthermore he has the option to spin the hazards away. In addition to his ability to lead he is able to act as a revenge killer and even late game sweeper due to his priority.

Changes I’ve been considering: Not sure if I need Rapid Spin

Name Reference: Hitmontop is Dexter as he is willing to protect his friends through in this case Rapid Spinning or revenging. He will risk his life for them but must at time give in to his Dark Passenger, Absol. (Protects Absol as Dexter hides his Dark Passenger)

Milotic @ Leftovers Rita Morgan
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Bold (+Def/-SpAtk)
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def /6 SpD (May add specail defense for mixed wall)
- Recover
- Surf
- Hidden Power Grass
- Ice Beam

Why Milotic? I am not sure if I really need to explain this. Any one who has played UU knows that Milotic is one of the best mixed walls if not the best in the tier. She is able to take out threats with her great coverage and absorb status due to her ability. She is able to handle probably about half the tier by herself. All while having a recovery move to keep coming back for more.

Changes I’ve been considering: So many moveset possibilities.

Name Reference: Like Rita, Milotic is caring and willing to Die to protect the ones she loves. As Rita acts as glue for Dexter's life, Milo acts as the glue for the team protecting and taking out a multitude of threats. However Milotic will be alive in the 5th Season of the pokemon games.

Registeel @ Leftovers KillTools
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Careful (+SpDef/-SpAtk)
EVs: 252 HP/104 Atk/152 SpDef
- Shadow Claw / Ice Punch
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Why Registeel? Registeel truly is one of the best supporting pokemon in the tier. Being able to slow down the opponents team and set up stealth rocks is very important where things like Moltres are flying around. The attacking moves allow him to handle ghosts while stopping Torterra and Altaria from setting up. The Evs and Nature make him one of the best specail walls in UU. Allowing him to be battered but come out victorious. Being part of the defensive core with Milotic he truly holds back another half of the metagame.

Changes I’ve been considering: Not final on the moveset. Shed Shell is also under consideration but will strongly miss leftovers recovery.

Name Reference: Killtools allow the Dark Passenger to kill his victims. Likewise Registeel allows the team to work through is various methods of support. Both are also metal lol.

Torterra @ Leftovers Debra Morgan
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Wood Hammer

Why Torterra? After scrolling through the RMT's I came across B is for Balance, which utilized the SubTerra. And at that moment I knew I found what I needed. Torterra can come in on this registeel infested metagame and do work. With fantastic coverage both stab for that matter Torterra is a monster. The Substitute protects him from attacks and status, eases prediction, and allows Torterra to take full advantage of Overgrow. The moveset is standard to allow for maximum coverage while the Evs and Nature make sure that Torterra is hitting hard. I usually use Rock Slide over Stone Edge do to the great accuracy of Stone Edge (sarcasm) unfortunately Rock Slide loses power and still misses.

Changes I’ve been considering: Not really considering but I was wondering how RP would do over Substitute.

Name Reference: The analysis of Torterra describes him as off the beaten path. An no one can denie that Debra is a little off the beaten path. They both whole heartly go out and give everything they got.

Rotom @ Choice Scarf Vince Masuka
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid (+Spe/-Atk)
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Hidden Power Ice

Why Rotom? Rotom adds much needed speed to my team, as the team is relatively slow. He is able to revenge and get surprise kills due to his choice scarf. Furthermore his ability to trick comes in very handy to cripple walls and stat-uppers. Thunderbolt and Shadowball provide the good stab while HP Ice rounds off coverage and keeps RP torterra in check (franky suggests this on many teams to keep torterra in check). The EVs and nature maximize speed for even after the scarf is tricked while powering up his specail attack.

Changes I’ve been considering: None

Name Reference: Just like Masuka, Rotom provides the tricks for the team, pardon the pun. Similar Rotom's scientific background has it fit right in with Masuka

Absol @ Life Orb Dark Passenger
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
- Sword Dance
- Night Slash
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch

Why Absol? To be honest it began with Absol because I missed Krow. With his phenominal attacking stat, priority, and relatively good typing Absol could be a make shift krow as both a wall-breaker and a sweeper. I chose the SD set as after a sword dance all playstyles must be careful. Sucker Punch provides priority as the strongest priority move in the game. Superpower is for coverage. While Night Slash hits things not attacking while providing stab an a nice chance of critting :). Speaking of critting Super Luck makes it that much harder to take a hit from Absol. The EVs and nature are pretty standard as they maximize attack and give decent speed.

Changes I’ve been considering: Less speed as I am not sure what I am out running. Would add a little more bulk.

Name Reference: The Dark Passenger is what Dexter refers to his need to kill as. On the otherhand the Dark Passenger must be controlled. Absol with his insane attack stat fullfilled the need to kill. The other members of Dexter's life and on Absol's team help control the Dark Passenger and keep him on the path of "good."

Well thats the teams rate, hate, steal, whatever

Final Look

Threat List (Will Revamp to look nicer)
As far as threats go most things are covered. What I truly have trouble with skilled players as I am out played. My other losses come from hax (it happens) or at times dumb gimmicks.

Some Problem Pokemon:
Leafeon- Life Orb SD Synthesis Lefeon specifically. Without registeel ususually due to dugtrio I am in alot of trouble as Milotic is KOed, Torterra can't do anything, Rotom is outsped without his scarf, and absol enters a prediction game.

Special Conditions
Hail- Absolute you know what. Between Frosslass and Walrien I just want to punch something. Both of which can be played around but as discussed earilier I could be outplayed.

Will add more when I have time

Problems: Raikou and SD Venusaur.

You're carrying Pokemon such as Milotic and Scarf Rotom; Raikou WILL come up and set up. Your only check is Registeel...with Stoss. Raikou can easily beat you after 1-2 switch ins, as well as with some minor Dugtrio support. Your Absol and Hitmontop are very unreliable at taking Raikou out on the revenge kill, especially since Hitmontop is your lead.

Venusaur can come in on...well....literally everything except Absol. After a swords dance, what's going to stop it?

So I suggest a simple change, SpD Steelix > Registeel. Special Defensive Steelix makes an excellent Raikou check and basically does everything that Registeel is doing for you. You have Water attacks covered, and Power Whip Venusaur won't do shit to Steelix anyway, while it will also take less than Registeel will from Earthquake. Steelix can then Roar it out until you can eventually take it out with Absol, Rotom, or Hitmontop.

tl;dr: switch Registeel for a SpD Steelix.

I actually have had no problem with either Venusaur or Raikou tbh. Be it misplays or what ever you call it. Absol takes out the offensive one. Torterra can take some versions of the sub CM while Registeel handles both relatively well; twaving offensive set and Tossing the subs. As for Venusaur the sp defensive ones are easy for torterra once someone has taken sleep. The Synthesis offensive ones are TWaved by steel and lack the power to take steel. SD offensive variarints are hit by absol hard after sleep was taken. Rotom can also trick both.
As for your suggestions Registeel's Twave was the deciding factor over Steelix as I had him originally. The ability to ease prediction and allow for set up is just to tempting. Furthermore Steelix can't take leafeon nearly as well who is has the power of Venusaur but with Torterra unable to hit it.

However I will try Steelix out agian as you do raise a valid point.

Keep the rates coming even opinions could help

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi Brass,

As promised here is my rate. This is already a solid team, but Heysup does raise some valid points in having some sort of problem with Venusaur. Nothing can remotely threaten it, except maybe Registeel, but you really can't afford to lose your main special wall. As such, I'd like you to try out Arcanine over Absol. An offensive Arcanine seems like the best fit for your team to improve your defense quite a bit; Fire, Grass, Water cores are always effective in the metagame. Additionally, this would give you a nice switch in to Torterra's Wood Hammer instead of going to Torterra or Hitmontop to take it. The Arcanine set I had in mind was a Naughty Arcanine with the EVs 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe with the movesets Flare Blitz / Extremespeed / Hidden Power Grass / Morning Sun. This is pretty much a set that holds both the offensive nature compensated for the Absol, while still holding the ability to check Venusaur the entire match. Hidden Power Grass is there so it allows you to catch weakened Rhyperior off-guard. This would really help reduce set-up opportunities for Rhyperior as it can easily scare away Registeel.

I have a feeling that you will have troubles with a well-played Cro opponent; those type of Pokemon really destroy balanced teams. What I want you to try out is haze over Ice Beam on Milotic. This means that you can easily deal with Curse Umbreon, Curse Registeel, and even Curse Regirock quite easily without relying too heavily on Hitmontop. Once your opponent finds out that Hitmontop is your only source of check, your opponent will exploit this and let you run your HP down with your Life Orb recoil. This is why I recommend Haze.

With that being said, Ice Punch > Iron Head definitely on Registeel. If you took my advice, your team will lack some sort check to Altaria now so you definitely need Ice Punch. Not only does it allow you to beat Altaria, but it allows you to smack Dugtrio for hard damage, as well as Torterra pre-set up. An Adamant Earthquake with Life orb will never come close to OHKOing Registeel, so you're fine with that. I can see RP Torterra being problematic once Rotom is trapped (which is likely), so Ice Punch is absolutely needed for emergencies.

As for other options, you can try me favourite Torterra set, which is Synthesis over Substitute. They are essentially the same but instead Synthesis allows you to have a better chance with dealing with stall teams. Balanced teams usually have some sort of problem with a well-played stall team, so you can definitely try out Synthesis over Substitute if you want to combat with stall teams better. overall gl.

Franky thank you for your rate. Although I hate to admit it Absol it not the most reliable sweeper due to his prediction and paper defenses. I actually began to use him just for the fact that he one screwed rain over and really messed with people. I can see Arcanine being far more reliable. The set you suggested is by far my favorite set; I ironically had him on my previous team. I will definately see how he fares.

Haze I see your point and I will try it out. I will miss the amazing coverage though.

Nas

Banned deucer.
Hello Brass, here is my rate as requested.

Heysup and Franky mentioned a lot of the things I was going to say so there's not much else to say here, but they didn't mention your insane Moltres weak. It can come in on half your team without problem and absolutely wreck you if your Milotic has suffered previous damage, so to remedy this I'm going to suggest you use a spread that's more focused towards special defense. Use 252 Hp/176 Def/80 SpDef with a Calm nature, it handles Moltres more effectively while still having sufficient defense to take on Azumaril, Arcanine, and other physical attackers. With Milotic as your only check to Moltres it will be well worth it to make this change, as your wholoe team would be gone if Milotic died.

Another thing I noticed is that you're also weak to Torterra, specifically Substitute variants as they are not as vulnerabale to Rotom revenge kills as RP versions are. There's not much you can do to deal with this other than possibly changing your own Torterra to a more defensive one, but I'm not sure if you'd want that as it would make your team sort of stallish. If you do want to try it though, then I'd suggest a spread of 212 Hp/252 Def/44 Spe with an Impish nature and Wood Hammer/EQ/Synthesis/Leech Seed or Roar. If you do make this change then it also eliminates the need to put Haze on Milotic, as this Terra deals with Cro Registeel/Umbreon/Regirock easily.

As for other options, you could try Stone Edge on Hitmontop to nail Moltres on the switch, but you might want Rapid Spin if you do decided to make the Arcanine > Absol switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)