SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

Wasn't it just on screen once as something selected by another pokemon and not actually, like, advertised properly. If anything they might've just overlooked it

Feint Attack is the weirder one since I think they showed it in action?
And also its literally in at least one moveset, which is really weird.
There are a lot of weird things going on with the moves. Return not being properly advertised is exactly why I mentioned it. It was on screen for one second, but why? It's not even in the game apparently, so why include it being used in a trailer?

Also, doesn't someone's Milotic have Calm Mind in their moveset? A move that Milotic has never been able to use? That's weird, almost as weird as me not realizing Milotic never had Calm Mind.

I wonder what'll happen to these moves and movesets when the game releases.

There are a lot of weird things going on with the moves. Return not being properly advertised is exactly why I mentioned it. It was on screen for one second, but why? It's not even in the game apparently, so why include it being used in a trailer?

Also, doesn't someone's Milotic have Calm Mind in their moveset? A move that Milotic has never been able to use? That's weird, almost as weird as me not realizing Milotic never had Calm Mind.

I wonder what'll happen to these moves and movesets when the game releases.
Well again for the trailer it could be as simple as "they just had a lot of contest b roll (or b roll they made without paying attention) and did not double check the moves on display"

Milotic is as funny as that time the battle tree had Shell Smash Kommo-o

It'll definitely be interesting to see if the patch tomorrow happens to touch any of the movesets.

Well again for the trailer it could be as simple as "they just had a lot of contest b roll (or b roll they made without paying attention) and did not double check the moves on display"

Milotic is as funny as that time the battle tree had Shell Smash Kommo-o

It'll definitely be interesting to see if the patch tomorrow happens to touch any of the movesets.
Now if I was on copium I could use this as an excuse to prove movesets aren't complete and Shell Smash Torterra and Dragon Dance Garchomp are totally going to be a thing, but I'm a changed man, I have the joker as my profile pic. Although, it would explain why a lot of the learnsets and movesets are really weak.

Shell Smash Kommo-o sounds really funny though. I actually wish it had it so it could have almost every relevant boosting move under the sun. Dragon Dance, Belly Drum, Swords Dance, Clangorous Soul, and then Shell Smash.

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
Yeah, I think it's one of the Barry fights. It has Scald/Calm Mind/Substitute/Recover. Honestly, even though it shouldn't have Calm Mind, I kinda like it. It's jank in a way that I find charming. Maybe I just play Dark Souls too much.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Return may very well be a case of they originally intending to implementing it, but realizing Happiness is a mess now.

I don't think Return will ever, well... Return. :psysly:
You cant imagine my Frustration. :smogduck:
They can still come back at any time, just like megas, no return is also a nerf to mega kangas for when it comes back, and at this rate is going to be in 10 years with the XY remakes. And thats like the only normal type that deserves the nerf, with how bad they usually are they should just give double edge to everyone.

You cant imagine my Frustration. :smogduck:
They can still come back at any time, just like megas, no return is also a nerf to mega kangas for when it comes back, and at this rate is going to be in 10 years with the XY remakes. And thats like the only normal type that deserves the nerf, with how bad they usually are they should just give double edge to everyone.
In the games where it was available as a TM/Move-Tutor (Gen I and Gen III), there were only a VERY small amount of Pokemon that couldn't learn Double-Edge but could also learn various TM moves. In Gen I the only fully-evolved Pokemon that couldn't learn it were Muk, Electrode, Weezing, and Ditto, and for Gen III Unown, Wobbufett, and Smeargle were added to that list(and none of those could learn TMs anyways, similar to Ditto)

Since Sword and Shield got away with Flare Blitz and Brave Bird as TRs, I don't think getting a TM/TR/Tutor of the OG 120 Recoil move would be too much to ask for.

Last edited:
I noticed a few interesting things in the original post’s linked data.

First, Heavy-Duty Boots don’t appear in the compilation of included items. Needless to say, the implications of this for singles metas are enormous.

In addition, the Rotom forms are incapable of learning Defog for some reason, which seems very odd. Hazard removal should prove interesting and Skarmory will be S tier once a metagame is created. The Isle of Armor tutor moves (Grassy Glide, Flip Turn, Dual Wingbeat, Triple Axel, etc) are not shown either. Rest in peace to Ghost-types, who lose Poltergeist, and to Dragons, who lose Scale Shot. Maybe the data is incomplete and move tutors will exist to bring them back? The same goes for Return and Frustration, which seems completely up in the air as previous posts have observed.

However, it appears some Dexited moves will return. The most notable example is Tail Glow, which Manaphy will have access to again. Deoxys also gets Psycho Boost back. Flash and Rock Climb are back too but who gives a shit.

I'd honestly retool Hyper Beam and Giga Impact as 100BP, no drawback Normal moves like how Ground has EQ.

That type hasn't been a top-tier threat since Snorlax was the pinnacle of GSC. Boomburst is absolutely ridiculous and even then you don't see the game broken by it, what could go wrong?

Adaptability Porygon-Z: :psysly:
Especially since the anime treats hyper beam like ice beam, just a powerful beam attack with no drawbacks.

Flash and Rock Climb are back too but who gives a shit.
I find it amusing that Rock Climb only ever had one notable user, and that was Gen V and VI Sheer Force Tauros, for the lack of any better options. And it was a pain to get because the move was only available via Dream World in Gen V.

With Gen VII you could get Body Slam + Sheer Force Tauros from the Gen I VC games, and now Sword and Shield have the combinations of Tauros(starting in Isle of Armor, that is), Ability Patch, and the Body Slam TR, so now any tauros caught in any game in series history can now use the combo

Am I looking at things wrong or did Lopunny loose its normal type STABs? Headbutt is the best they give it? Was underwhelming before, now really lame.
Without Return a lot of Normal type Pokemon miss out on good STAB. Did Lopunny ever get Double Edge? Double Edge and Body Slam are the only good physical Normal STABs without Return
It's as bad as you think, if not worse. Lopunny used to learn Return naturally (and is the only species ever to do so), which was its go-to STAB move. Now Return is nothing but a happy memory. Pretty much every Normal-type up to Gen 4 had Body Slam and Double-Edge via learnset or FRLG move tutor. Sinnoh monsters like Lopunny were the first to miss out. Body Slam would not become available again until TR01 in Gen 8, when Lopunny was explicitly denied it after thirteen years. But hey, it picked up Mega Kick! That's... got to count for something, right?

Oh, and would you like to know why Headbutt is in there? Dizzy Punch also got cut in Gen 8. As did Jump Kick, its staple level-up coverage option.
All of Lopunny's defining moves since its first appearance in the series—gone.

Last edited:
It's as bad as you think, if not worse. Lopunny used to learn Return naturally (and is the only species ever to do so), which was its go-to STAB move. Now Return is nothing but a happy memory. Pretty much every Normal-type up to Gen 4 had Body Slam and Double-Edge via learnset or FRLG move tutor. Sinnoh monsters like Lopunny were the first to miss out. Body Slam would not become available again until TR01 in Gen 8, which Lopunny was explicitly denied. But hey, it picked up Mega Kick! That's... got to count for something, right?

Oh, and would you like to know why Headbutt is in there? Dizzy Punch also got cut in Gen 8. As did Jump Kick, its staple level-up coverage option.
All of Lopunny's defining moves since its first appearance in the series—gone.
Poor Lopunny...atleast it got Close Combat this gen like 500 other Pokemon

Remember that the trailers got put up toghether pretty quickly and with feeds from multiple versions in same trailer.

There's a chance Return was considered to be returning (he he great pun), but then they decided against it. Or it was just very early alpha from when the game was straight up just a copypaste of DP

And this is why Day One patches exist. Or they could always keep it. Yeah, it breaks immersion BUT THE FREE LEGENDARIES THO
Not so much a "break immersion" but rather just one of the ways they use to get people to trade or buy multiple copies, to acquire multiple copies of legendaries to use in VGC later on.

Who am i kidding every competent VGC player just genned them anyway

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I didn't think I'd want the patch to Shiny Lock anything, but...
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/qr7kki
There's not many people here saying this stuff is okay because the Day 1 Patch fixes it, but for those who say that and are reading this, there will be people that get the physical game and don't or can't update it and this is what they'll get. They're selling a game with this... I'm torn between, "This game has nice trainers but is seriously flawed." and, "Quick, get a 1.0 Version Cartridge if you want this game!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)