ORAS OU Bringing back Medisharp

MediSharp HO

Team-building
Process

I began with Mega-Medicham for its incredible wall-breaking ability.

Next came bisharp, providing great type synergy with medicham

Garchomp, a great rock setter, defensive wall, and an HO staple

Looking a little Lati weak, so a good ol scarftar will fix that anyday

Great hazard remover, as well as dealing with many threats like lando and opposing garchomp

Lastly tflame for its potential as a revenge killer, high speed, and great wall-breaking ability.

Introduction
After getting beat up over and over again by balance teams, I decided that I would build a team to destroy them all. This is the end result, decimating balance teams left and right. Matches up fairly well against hyper offense, but can have a bit of trouble against stall.

In-depth Look

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
The star of the team, I chose medicham for its great wall-breaking power. While I originally started out with adamant, I ended up choosing jolly to be able to speed-tie with other base 100's which otherwise can cause problems (manaphy*cough*cough*). I chose bullet punch over ice punch as this team wears down the likes of tankchomp and lando-t pretty fast. Bullet punch allows me to deal with diancie, gardevoir, which otherwise can wreak havoc.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
Bisharp provides great type synergy with medicham, capable of taking weaker fairy and flying attacks, and in turn avoiding fighting attacks. Swords Dance bisharp has the capability to sweep many teams at +2, and is a force to be reckoned with. I chose the standard moveset and ev spread, with adamant to get max damage output.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast/Toxic
Next I wanted a good stealth rocker, and tankchomp is currently a staple on HO for its mix of offensive presence and defensive tanking capabilities. I haven't been able to decide between Fire blast and toxic as fire blast allows me to easily take on scizor and ferrothorn, while toxic helps quickly wear down tankchomp and landorus for an easy sweep.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
Now looking at where I was, I lacked a good lati switch in, so naturally i chose scarftar. Scarftar is super good on offense for its ability to trap common psychic types like the lati twins. Pursuit also helps with picking off weakened opponents. I'm running dual STAB with superpower coverage for: heatran, bisharp, tyranitar, weavile etc. Superpower guarantees me some KO's that i might not get with earthquake.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
I wanted some form of hazard control as well as way of dealing with common threats such as keldeo. Offensive starmie can be frail, but analytic LO packs a punch. I chose to run psychic over psyshock seeing as my team deals with the likes of chansey fine, and psychic generally hits the likes of venusaur and some other mons a bit harder. Rapid spin is for hazard control otherwise I lose to spikestacking teams.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
For my last I picked talonflame for a couple of reasons. A i had no good way of revenge killing weavile which comes in for free on ttar locked into crunch or pursuit. Talonflame gives me some extra good priority which is a must seeing as how my team isn't very fast. Swords Dance makes it a viable clean-up sweeper as well as providing massive offensive pressure. 176 speed with a jolly nature allows it to outspeed raikou, with the rest dumped into hp for bulk.

This team has already hit 1500 on the ladders, but as I said earlier, this team has trouble dealing with sableye stall relying on talonflame to break sableye as I don't have much else to hit it with.
Other threats:
Weavile
Rotom-W (nothing really cares to switch in on a WoW)
????? (not really sure off the top of my head)

Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/dMR6E6S3

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
Very cool team and I like the Mega Medi+Bisharp core. It's a very solid team and I can see this destroying balance like you said in the OP I do however have a couple of suggestions that may make the team a lot better.
  • When I first saw your team, I noticed right away that Mega Manectric is a huge problem. Yes, you do have Bisharp and Tyranitar, but they're only checks, not counters. Really nothing appreciates the Electric STAB+HP Ice combination on your team. Therefore, I'm suggesting Pursuit on Bisharp over Swords Dance. Pursuit on Bisharp makes your opponent contemplate on switching their Mega Manectric out or staying in to Overheat/Flamethrower. Pursuit on Bisharp not only takes care of Mega Manectric, but also traps Latis and Slowbros as well.
  • Another thing I like to point out is that Garchomp is honestly just a pain to your team. Yes, Starmie does check it, but it's going to get severely weakened by Life Orb recoil and can not switch into an Earthquake even if it's tankchomp. This is why I'm suggesting Ice Punch>Bullet Punch on Mega Medicham. Ice Punch on Mega Medicham OHKOes TankChomp, so you don't have to rely on Starmie to check it.
  • With Pursuit on Bisharp, there's really no reason why you should go T-Tar because Pursuit Sharp beats the Latis already. Instead of going Tyranitar, I suggest replacing it with something that can deal with Weavile, because Low Kick Weavile is a huge threat to the team. I'm thinking Scarf Heatran>Tyranitar. Scarf Heatran is a pokemon used on HO that is capable of checking Weavile. Yes, it is not a counter, but your team is HO and you have 2 checks to it being Mega Medicham and Talonflame. Scarf Heatran not only checks Weavile, but it can also catch Mega Manectrics off guard, seeing how most of them just like to Volt Switch on Heatrans. Getting off an Overheat/Earth Power would cripple a threat, putting Manectric in range for one of your priority attacks to kill it. Scarf Tran also beats Mega Lopunny, another pokemon that doesn't have many switch-ins on your team, especially if it's an Ice Punch variant.
Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Hope I helped! :]

Last edited:

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
Yea, Pursuit Bisharp is more of a Lati check rather than a counter. Just be careful of the HP fighting Latios lying around

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, cool team, although Sableye seems to pretty really threatening, and since you built this around Medicham I think you should have a way to remove it with ease (none of your mon can do it :( ).

The first suggestion I have is Lum Berry over Life Orb on Bisharp. This will allow you to setup in a easier way on pokémon like Slowbro, Starmie and other Scald abuser, and it also gives you a better T-Wave Clefable check. Also since your main goal is to wear down Sableye for Medicham preventing the wow burn will help you a lot to put him in Cham's range.

How I stated in the first paragraph you really need something to remove Sableye with ease, Azumarill over Starmie is a good change that your team will appreciate. Azumarill has the power to OHKO Sableye, while it still checks almost the same threats as Starmie, while also checking sand better.

Since you lost your hazard remover now I suggest you to run Jirachi over Talonflame. Scarf Jirachi is a nice revengekiller who still helps you againist fairies, and he can support the team with Healing Wish, giving the second chance to sweep to one of your mon. Jirachi will help you a lot especially againist Gardevoir, that got a kill almost everytime it got a switch.

By the way I suggest you to keep Bullet Punch on Medicham as it helps you a lot againist Diancie, otherwise you would be pretty weak to it :(

This is all, good luck with your team and let me know if you need help with something :)

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)