Bronzong vs. Rampardos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was battling this one person with a Rock Polish Rampardos, but we never finished out battle due to a disconnection. Of course, without thinking of what exactly Mold Breaker does, I switched in Bronzong. This is when my opponent took the opportunity to Rock Polish.

Now this is the scenerio: I know for a fact that my opponent is going to use Earthquake. I know Bronzong can survive one Earthquake, but I don't don't about two... Having a rain dance team, I was thinking it would be best to use Rain Dance. However, would it be better to take the risk and use Hypnosis or would Gyro Ball be able to kill it in one blow?

I'm just curious to see want other people would have done in my situation.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Rock Polish Rampardos almost always carried a Focus Sash. So while Gyro Ball would definitely do enough to OHKO after the speed boost, your opponent would most likely hang on with Focus Sash unless they took some form of prior damage.

Rock Polish Rampardos almost always carried a Focus Sash. So while Gyro Ball would definitely do enough to OHKO after the speed boost, your opponent would most likely hang on with Focus Sash unless they took some form of prior damage.
Good point. I remember this Rampardos having a Focus Sash. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to set up Stealth Rock earlier in the match, so it has no prior damage.

So it would probably be best to choose between Hypnosis and Rain Dance. It's scary to have the 30% chance of not putting your opponent to sleep in these situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)