Bug-Catching Contest Brawl--Frosty vs shuckles my hero (Some idiot's reffing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open Challenge
2vs2 doubles
DQ: 2 days
0 Recoveries/5 Chills

Arena:

Johto's National Park during the Bug Catching Contest. There is a fountain in the middle, some grass surrounding (tall grass north and a shorter one south) and Trees around the whole thing. Or you can just check: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/HGSS_National_Park.png .

Every round 2 20hp bug pokemon will appear according to the folllowing percentage: 20% for caterpie/weedle to appear; 10% for Metapod/Kakuna/Venonat/Paras to appear and 5% for Butterfree/Beedrill/Scyther/Pinsir to appear. They won't attack you unless you attack them.

If you manage to defeat any of them, you will receive a prize consisting in a special potion to restore 20/30/40hp from a pokemon of your choice (does not take an action). The amount of hp restored will depend on the pokemon defeated (20 for caterpie/weedle, 30 for Metapod/Kakuna/Venonat/Paras and 40 for Scyther/Pinsir/Butterfree/Beedrill).
I shuckles my hero accept.
items=no
abillitys=one
switch=okay

Eevee [Undine] (Female)
Nature: Quiet (Adds * to Special Attack; A 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks)
Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Run Away: (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and can evade any traps in an arena. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to escape from trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.
Adaptability: (Innate) The moves that match this Pokemon’s type deal two (2) more damage.
Anticipation (DW): (Innate) [LOCKED] This Pokemon is better at sensing dangerous attacks, and takes three (3) less damage from super-effective attacks, Selfdestruct, and Explosion.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: **
Def: **
SpA: *** (+)
SpD: ***
Spe: 46 (55 x 0.85)

EC: 2/6
MC: 2
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Tackle (*)
Tail Whip (*)
Helping Hand (*)
Sand-attack (*)
Growl (*)
Quick Attack (*)

Yawn (*)
Tickle (*)
Charm (*)

Dig (*)
Swift (*)
Shadow Ball (*)

Monohm [Thor] (Male)
Nature: Quiet (+Spa, -Spe, +5% accuracy for opposing attacks)
Type: Electric/Dragon
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Dragonite line can breathe underwater.)
Abilities:
Shield Dust: (Innate) This pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that prevents opponents secondary effects from taking place (eg burn from Flamethrower). It does not block direct status moves (such as Thunder Wave.)
Static: (Innate) This pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this pokemon.
Sheer Force (DW): [LOCKED](Can be Enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Stats:

Atk: **
Def: ***
SpA: **** (+)
SpD: **
Spe: 51 (60 x 0.85v) (-)

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Growl
Dragon Rage
Leer
Thundershock
Charge
Rain Dance
Twister
Spark
Sonicboom

Hydro Pump
Magnet Rise
Heal Bell

Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse

Gible(*) [Chomp] (Male)
Nature: Naughty
Type:
Dragon/Ground:
Dragon STAB; Roar has have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Dragonite line can breathe underwater.)
Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Stats:
Gible
Atk: Rank 4 (added +1 due to naughty)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1
SpD: Rank 1 (-1)
Spe: 42

EC:2/6
MC:2
DC:1/5
Abilities:
Sand Veil:
This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Rough Skin:
(DW) When struck with a contact attack, this Pokemon’s abrasive skin causes pain to the opponent, dealing 25% of the damage received to the opponent. (DW)
Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Sand-Attack(*)
Dragon Rage(*)
Sandstorm(*)
Take Down(*)
Sand Tomb(*)
Slash(*)
Outrage(*)
Scary Face(*)
Iron Head(*)
Earthquake(*)
Roar(*)
Dig(*)

Larvitar(*) [Rocky] (Male)
Nature: Adamant
Type:
Rock/Ground:
Rock STAB;
Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm, Earthquake and Magnitude have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Ground STAB;
Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Stats:
Larvitar
Atk: Rank 4 (added +1 due to adament)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-1)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 41
EC:1/6
MC:1
DC:1/5
Abilities:
Guts:
This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the base attack power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
Sand Veil:
(DW) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage. (DW)
Attacks:
Bite(*)
Leer(*)
Sandstorm(*)
Screech(*)
Little by Little(*)
Rock Slide(*)
Scary Face(*)
Dragon Dance(*)
Pursuit(*)
Assurance(*)
Earthquake(*)
Dig(*)
Taunt(*)
Crunch

Frosty releases
Shuckle releases and orders
Frosty orders
I ref (or at least try to)
Frosty orders
Shuckle orders
I ref (or at least try to)
Shuckle
Frosty
Me
Frosty
Shuckle
Me
etc.

You get it. Now let's get this going already.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Time to hunt some buuuuuugs!!

I will go with Undine the Eevee with Adaptability and Thor the Monohm with Shield Dust

Well my pokemon only have one move but anyway go
Rocky with guts
Chomp with sand vial

Chomp:
Use dig on Eevee and because that takes two (I think) then use scary face on the momen.
If I can make a sub if a bug shows up attack that with dragon rage instead.
(I am not sure when they show up)

Rocky:
First of taunt the eevee then use a earthquake then finish up the round with a crunch to eevee.

Frosty

=_=
The bug pokemon can appear at the very begining or at the very end of the rounds. Whatever the ref prefers.

Anyway, for the orders.

Action 1:

Undine, start by giving Thor a Helping Hand with its attack. Pay attention to the attack, as you will be able to use it even better really soon when you evolve.

Thor, use the helping hand Undine will give you to blast away Rocky with your most powerful Hydro Pump. If you need a time to aim it properly, do it. We cannot afford it to miss.

Action 2:

Undine, you should be near Thor due to the previous combined attack, so use it to our advantage and use Quick-Attack to climb on it. The static is disabled, so it shouldn't harm you. Just climb and quickly grab something, 'cause we are going up.

Thor, the second Undine climbs on you, use Magnet Rise so both of you escape all the ground moves everybody seems to be using.

Action 3:

I feel we can finish off the Larvitar now, so focus your attacks on it! Thor use Hydro Pump once again after that, fire your best shadow ball, Undine.

so:

Undine(eevee): Helping Hand - Quick-attack to climb onto Thor - Shadow Ball on Rocky
Thor (Monohm): Hydro Pump on Rocky - Magnet Rise with Undine on - Hydro Pump on Rocky

Round 1

Um, shuckles, Dig only takes up one action in ASB. Just so you know.

I wasn't sure about the reffing canon here, so I handled it this way.

Undine
Energy: 100
Ability: Adaptability

Thor
Ability: Shield Dust

VS

Chomp
Ability: Sand Veil

Rocky
Ability: Guts

Round 1...Begin!

Welcome to the National Park here in sunny Johto! This park, normally home to the local Big-Catching contest, is the site for today's epic doubles battle between Frosty and shuckles my hero!

Frosty is the first to release his Pokemon, and it looks like he's going with Undine, his Eevee, and Thor, his Monohm! On the other end of the park, shuckles sends out Chomp the Gible and Rocky the Larvitar!

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Anyway, on with the battle! Undine leads off by offering Thor a Helping Hand! Thor uses the added power to shoot an extremely powerful Hydro Pump at Rocky, who takes massive damage! But the Larvitar looks unfazed, and Taunts Undine into a rage! Meanwhile, Chomp decides to Dig underneath the grass, and comes up underneath Undine for decent damage!

Thinking quickly, Undine tries to use Quick Attack to climb on Thor's back! It works, but her hind paw accidentally hits him in the eye! Ouch! Blinking back the electrified tears, Thor uses Magnet Rise to cause him and Undine to hover in mid-air! Now that's teamwork! It seems to have come at just the right time, too: Chomp's second Dig attack can no longer affect them, nor can Rocky's Earthquake! What strategy!

Now Thor readies for another Hydro Pump attack! Wow, what a shot! I don't know how that Larvitar was able to get back up, but get back up he does, only to be met with a Shadow Ball to the face, courtesy of Undine! Gutsy as Rocky may be, he can't stand that last hit, and goes down! In a rage, Chomp puts on a Scary Face, and lowers Thor's Speed by two stages!

First blood has been drawn, and it looks like some of the Bug Pokemon have started to take interest! In particular, a Weedle and a Venonat have drawn near! They seem to be content to watch for now, but how much time does shuckles have left? Stick around to find out!

Undine
HP: 76
Energy: 84

Thor
Energy: 67
Other: Speed -2

VS

Chomp
Energy: 78

Rocky
HP: KO
Energy: KO

Bystanders:

Weedle
HP: 20

Venonat

Undine's Helping Hand: Thor's next action has its Base Power boosted by 5. Undine expends 7 Energy.

Thor's Hydro Pump: RNG rolls 611; Hydro Pump hits. Boosted by Helping Hand. Deals 45 (!) damage to Rocky. Thor expends 8 Energy.

Chomp's Dig: Deals 14 damage to Undine. Chomp expends 6 Energy.

Rocky's Taunt: Undine may only use attacking moves for the next 6 actions. Rocky expends 10 Energy.

Undine's Quick Attack: Undine is now on top of Thor; accidental mis-aim deals 3 damage to Thor. Undine expends 3 Energy.

Thor's Magnet Rise: Thor (and, by extension, Undine) is now immune to Ground-type moves for 6 actions. Thor expends 7 Energy (2 energy added to compensate for Undine's weight).

Chomp's Dig: Fails due to Magnet Rise. Chomp expends 10 Energy.

Rocky's Earthquake: Fails due to Magnet Rise. Rocky expends 7 Energy.

Thor's Hydro Pump: RNG rolls 646; Hydro Pump hits. Deals 34 damage to Rocky. Thor expends 8 Energy.

Undine's Shadow Ball: Deals 11 Damage to Rocky. Rocky faints. Undine expends 6 Energy. Undine gains one KOC.

Chomp's Scary Face: Thor's Speed is lowered 2 stages. Chomp expends 6 Energy.

Frosty, your move.

Frosty

=_=
Just a heads-up: I think the Shadow Ball was supposed to deal 10, not 11 damage (8 + 1.5). I am not sure though.

Anyway, Undine grab tight on Thor and be prepared for an...

ARTILLERY BARRAGE!!!

Undine: Swift - Swift - Swift (all at chomp)
Thor: Dragon Pulse (chomp) - Flamethrower (at weedle) - Dragon Pulse (chomp)

if Rocky happens to still be conscious, aim the first swift at it

Suicide run

Chomp start of with and outrage on EEvee to knock it of that momen.
Then if rockys still alive use a crunch on that momen

Chomp then use outrage on momen if I can pick the target if not what ever
If rocky is still alive crunch that momen

Then do the same

Round 2

Actually, according to my calculations Undine's Shadow Ball did exactly 11 damage, just enough to KO Rocky.

And shuckles, for future reference, Outrage's target is randomized in double and triple battles.

Undine
HP: 76
Energy: 84
Other: Magnet Rise (piggyback) (5 more actions)

Thor
Energy: 67
Other: Speed -2, Magnet Rise (5 more actions)

VS

Chomp
Energy: 78

Bystanders:

Weedle

Venonat

Round 2...Begin!

Undine starts off the round by Swiftly firing a beam of stars at Chomp! This just adds insult to injury, and Chomp tries to vent his Outrage by charging at Undine, but he aims low, and instead smashes into Thor! But it seems it all worked out for the best: not only did the attack do excellent damage, the sheer power of the blow knocked Undine off Thor's back and onto the ground! Undine is susceptible to Ground-type moves again! Not pleased with this, Thor fires a Dragon Pulse attack at Chomp, where it does serious damage!

Undine seems to have shaken off her fall, and fires another Swift at Chomp. In reply, Chomp attacks with Outrage again, and this time hits Undine as originally intended! Meanwhile, the spectating Weedle taunts Thor...oh my. I've never heard of a Weedle that talks like a sailor, but there's one right there! But the overconfident bug pays for it--ouch! I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that Flamethrower! In response, the wild Venonat quickly fires a Psybeam at Thor and flees into the shrubbery! That was odd, but at least Frosty gets a 20 HP Potion for his trouble!

Undine fires one more Swift at Chomp, who hits Thor with another Outrage! At last Chomp seems to have calmed down, but he's become slightly confused from the fatigue! Thor shoots one last Dragon Pulse at the little dragon, as a Paras and a Caterpie have crawled over to inspect the damage! What impact could they have on this battle? Time will tell...

Chomp is pretty much on his last legs, but anything can happen in ASB! Stay tuned for what could be the final round...next!

Undine
HP: 55
Energy: 61

Thor
HP: 29
Energy: 53
Other: Speed -1, Magnet Rise (2 more actions)

VS

Chomp
HP: 10
Energy: 56
Other: Slightly Confused (2 more actions)

Bystanders:

Paras

Caterpie

Undine's Swift: Deals 11 damage to Chomp. Undine expends 4 Energy.

Chomp's Outrage: RNG rolls 673; Outrage hits Thor. Deals 25 damage to Thor. Undine takes 3 fall damage. Chomp expends 8 Energy.

Thor's Dragon Pulse: Deals 25 damage to Chomp. Thor expends 7 Energy.

Undine's Swift: Deals 11 damage to Chomp. Undine expends 8 Energy.

Chomp's Outrage: RNG rolls 67; Outrage hits Undine. Deals 18 damage to Undine. Chomp expends 8 Energy.

Thor's Flamethrower: Deals 23 Damage to wild Weedle. Wild Weedle faints. Frosty may now use one 20 HP Potion on any of his Pokemon. Thor expends 7 Energy.

Wild Venonat: RNG rolls 9; Venonat attacks Thor with Psybeam. Deals 11 damage to Thor. Venonat runs away.

Undine's Swift: Deals 11 Damage to Chomp. Undine expends 12 Energy.

Chomp's Outrage: RNG rolls 785; Outrage hits Thor. Deals 25 damage to Thor. Chomp expends 8 Energy. RNG rolls 164; Chomp is now slightly confused (2 actions).

Thor's Dragon Pulse: Deals 25 damage to Chomp. Thor expends 7 Energy.

shuckles, your turn.

Pretty sure I have lost because momen outspeeds and kos me.
By some miracle if you do survive use a dig to hit that Eevee and hen just outrage spam

Frosty

=_=
Not to be annoying, but did you include Adaptability on the swift calcs? 9 damage seems to be so little <_<;.

anyway, not feeling like writing flavor stuff so:

Undine: Swift - Swift - Swift
Thor: Use Potion (can't hit due to -1 speed and dig anyway) - Dragon Pulse - Dragon Pulse

Frosty, using the Potion doesn't take an action, so you need to add in a third move.

And no, you're right, I forgot about Adaptability. I've edited that in.

Round 3

Easy round is easy.

Undine

Thor

VS

Chomp
HP: 10
Energy: 56
Other: Slightly Confused (2 more actions)

Bystanders:

Paras

Caterpie

Round 3...Begin!

In an unspectacular end to an otherwise spectacular battle, as Frosty heals Thor for no apparent reason, Undine simply sneezes on blows more Swift beams at Chomp, who can't take the attack, and falls.

Undine

Thor

VS

Chomp
HP: 0
Energy: 0

Undine's Swift: Deals 11 damage to Chomp. Chomp faints. Undine expends 4 Energy. Undine gains one KOC.

That means...

Frosty wins!

Reward time!

Frosty: 2 TC

Undine:
1 EC
2 MC
1 DC
2 KOC

Thor:
1 EC
2 MC
1 DC

shuckles my hero: 2 TC

Rocky:
1 EC
2 MC
1 DC

Chomp:
1 EC
2 MC
1 DC

Me: 4 RT

Thanks for letting me ref this match, and congrats again to Frosty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)