Done Bug Report - Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What type of bug are you reporting? Chat

What is the bug?
When chatting in Swedish, I frequently encounter the following message:

"Please do not say 'nga' while we recognize that this word can be used in a non-offensive manner, it still carries significant negative connotations and does not belong on PS! in any form."

Example: https://i.imgur.com/zm0VMov.png

This appears whenever I write the word "många" which translates to "many" in English. It is a common word and should not trigger the censorship filter. The word manga does not, so I assume that å is replaced as some kind of wildcard character and then the censorship check is done - if the swedish letters åäöÅÄÖ could be recognized as actual letters for this sake I believe that'd solve the issue.

Are you able to replicate it? If so, how?
Go into a battle and type "många".

Annika

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
What type of bug are you reporting? Chat

What is the bug?
When chatting in Swedish, I frequently encounter the following message:

"Please do not say 'nga' while we recognize that this word can be used in a non-offensive manner, it still carries significant negative connotations and does not belong on PS! in any form."

Example: https://i.imgur.com/zm0VMov.png

This appears whenever I write the word "många" which translates to "many" in English. It is a common word and should not trigger the censorship filter. The word manga does not, so I assume that å is replaced as some kind of wildcard character and then the censorship check is done - if the swedish letters åäöÅÄÖ could be recognized as actual letters for this sake I believe that'd solve the issue.

Are you able to replicate it? If so, how?
Go into a battle and type "många".
Unfortunately, the software PS uses for chat filtering interprets the Swedish letters å, ä and ö as word breaks, so it sees the word "många" as two words "m" and "nga." I don't think we can fix this directly, but I've changed the filter against the n-word to add an exception for the Swedish characters, so många won't be filtered on PS. Other Swedish words might still get caught in filters because of this issue, though; let me know if you encounter any more trouble and I can add exceptions to other filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)