Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega-Banette's Prankster ability does not kick in as soon as it mega-evolves, which means that its usefulness is far lower than it would be. As I believe, Prankster is a static ability, much like Mold Breaker on Mega-Gyarados and Adaptability on Mega-Lucario, that should be able to be used as soon as it has mega-evolved, but I am consistently outsped by Ambipom and Arceus as I attempt to DBond immediately upon mega-evolving. For example: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-80815530, where Knock Off outsped my Will-O-Wisp. This has led to points, especially in Ubers, where I lose battles that I would otherwise win, especially versus ExtremeKiller Arceus. Can this please be addressed, or is this a case where the mechanics make it so in the actual game as well?

Mega-Banette's Prankster ability does not kick in as soon as it mega-evolves, which means that its usefulness is far lower than it would be. As I believe, Prankster is a static ability, much like Mold Breaker on Mega-Gyarados and Adaptability on Mega-Lucario, that should be able to be used as soon as it has mega-evolved, but I am consistently outsped by Ambipom and Arceus as I attempt to DBond immediately upon mega-evolving. For example: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-80815530, where Knock Off outsped my Will-O-Wisp. This has led to points, especially in Ubers, where I lose battles that I would otherwise win, especially versus ExtremeKiller Arceus. Can this please be addressed, or is this a case where the mechanics make it so in the actual game as well?
Turn order is determined before Mega Evolutions occur, so Prankster won't effect your Pokemon until the next turn. This is the case in-game as well.

Edit:

sprite stays if you sack a pokemon to entry hazards against an otherwise two-turn attack that is made one turn by power-herb. goes all the way to the end of the battle

screencaps:

replay of match:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-79545619
It looks like there are a few bugs that can cause sprites to stick around longer than normal. I noticed when watching a replay that it would sometimes happen when I clicked "skip to next turn," a lot. Sometimes I'd get 3 sprites on one side at once, with only the one HP bar for the active Pokemon. I'm sure it's possible to get more, and it's an easy bug to recreate in replays.

Here's the replay where I noticed it, just in case it's useful. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-509

Last edited:
This is a really, really minor bug. I was using a non shiny Blastoise and my opponent was using a Shiny one. He had already Mega Evolved it, and after I Mega Evolved mine it became a Shiny Mega Blastoise despite not being shiny to begin with. Again, a really minor bug.

Here's the replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-80934145

It happened turn 24, (I'm UberMadman.)

(Also, I really gotta play more UU to get out of the lower rankings so I can stop seeing shit like Fake Out Blastoise.)

In one of my battles, I was scrolling my mouse over my Infernape and it said it was holding a Choice band. It was actually holding a Choice scarf and it wasn't doing banded damage. It fixed itself the next game.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In one of my battles, I was scrolling my mouse over my Infernape and it said it was holding a Choice band. It was actually holding a Choice scarf and it wasn't doing banded damage. It fixed itself the next game.
The most likely explanation for this is that you joined the battle before changing the item (or the server hadn't recognised the item change yet because you did it too late).

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Apparently Showdown is tripling the damage from comboed Pledge moves.

in-game replay RPXG-WWWW-WWW4-8UUX, where target 4 HP\0 SpDef Garchomp always survives the combo'd hit

Showdown replay in debug mode: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublescustomgame-74652758
4 HP\0 SpDef Garchomp never survives the hit. It explicitly lists that the damage is tripled, not doubled as it should.
OmegaDonut, I may have found a reason why you're right. I heard from VGC players that the pledge moves are bugged on PS! Apparently pledge moves do not receive power boost from weather. Marty D, can you confirm and fix this?

+2 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y (No Move) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 326-384 (91 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

- No Move = 150 BP Fire-type move
- +2 to counteract resistance
- no sun boost

so yes, OmegaDonut, Garchomp has a chance of surviving combo Fire pledge (not guaranteed, though)

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
OmegaDonut, I may have found a reason why you're right. I heard from VGC players that the pledge moves are bugged on PS! Apparently pledge moves do not receive power boost from weather. Marty D, can you confirm and fix this?

+2 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y (No Move) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 326-384 (91 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

- No Move = 150 BP Fire-type move
- +2 to counteract resistance
- no sun boost

so yes, OmegaDonut, Garchomp has a chance of surviving combo Fire pledge (not guaranteed, though)
Fire and Water Pledge are actually affected by Sunny Day and Rain Dance. In the Battle Video ΩDonut referred to, Garchomp takes 154 damage from the Fire Pledge combo which is only possible with the boost.

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp in Sun: 127-150 (69 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Since 154 is an impossible roll here, the Charizard was likely Modest (Speed is mostly irrelevant when you're moving immediately after Chlorophyll Venusaur anyway).

252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp in Sun: 140-165 (76.5 - 90.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(Fire Blast was bumped to 150 BP for these calcs)

Knock Off is not supposed to get the increased *1.5 damage when it does not remove the opponent's item even if one is held (as in Griseous Orb Giratina-O). However, it still KO'd me in a match (and in the testing environment in the replay) despite the calc. saying otherwise. Although I haven't been able to find too many sources on this (it is said on the forums, Bulbapedia, and a few other places, but none are what I can say too reliable), I'm still pretty confident of it.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-81631057

+2 252+ Atk Mega Blaziken Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Giratina-O: 362-428 (71.9 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I'm not 100% sure what happened, but the enemy Mega Tyranitar used Crunch on my Cofagrigus and consequently got the ability Mummy. However, the next time he switched in, he still got a sand storm. My guess is that this is a result of how the simulator handles mega evolutions switching back in. I noticed that they always switch in as the normal version, then mega evolve again.

Okay, so I was testing out a silly new set and I believe I discovered at least 2 problems with the move 'Natural Gift' (which makes 3 if the other folks are right about its incorrect damage output, I didn't test that).

I was using Driflblim with Unburden, carrying a Liechi berry. I used Natural Gift. The attack was successful, in that a grass type attack hit my opponent. However, I did not receive a +1 att boost (the berry's effect) which Serebii suggested I would. I went to Veekun before posting this, but there's no mention of whether you'll receive the berry's effect when using Natural Gift (and in addition, no list of berry effects at all on the Natural Gift page).

The second issue is that I did not receive the Unburden speed boost. The berry was certainly gone, as evidenced by the fact that Natural Gift failed from that point on (also different from Serebii's analysis) and the fact that reaching 'a pinch' did nothing.

These two problems (and the damage inconsistency, if it exists) are really hurting my completely brilliant Drifblim sweeper.

EDIT> Adding a replay documenting the bug: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-76306943

I tried to make it as obvious as possible, but I think you'll just have to take my word that I'm running Unburden on the Drifblim

Got the same thing (speed not increasing) with my hitmonlee and its liechi berry
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-81869727 (last few turns)
gets outsped by chandelure right after. (546 not 446 is 2x273 lol)
I double checked ability, ev's etc. It definitely worked before so I don't know why it didnt here.

Last edited:
I think this is likely a incorrect move implementation in Doubles on Showdown someone brought to my attention, could someone else re-affirm if it actually does behave like this on Showdown? I definitely know it doesn't work like this in game.

Affected Move:
Heal Pulse

Observed Effect:
On Showdown when you use Heal Pulse and target your partner in doubles. In the case where your partner is fainted by the opponent before you can successfully heal them it'll randomly re-target and heal one of your opponents Pokemon

Correct Effect:
The correct in game behaviour is that when Heal Pulses original intended target is no longer present having been defeated within that turn the move should simply give a "But it failed." message, it should not automatically re-select a new target.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but no source has given me a definitive answer on this. Is seismic toss supposed to activate Weakness Policy?
It doesn't sound like it should, but it does on PS! (or at least on PS! at the time this replay was taken).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-76877901
Pretty sure weaknesses/resists do not apply to Seismic Toss, only immunities do.

A few weeks ago I was watching a battle and it was a pretty popular battle since there were staff members on it, and when a lot of people started to leave I did the same thing however it somehow put ME in the battle even though I was only a spectator.

I'm not sure,if it's bug or not, Showdown keeps changing my Pokemon's EV spread as it feels like it. This happens when I leave the Teambuilder page and return to the Home page.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-82150090
Turn 17

Fletchling used roost, then I EQ'd. Fletchling should have took damage, but didn't. I'm not sure if it's because of Gale Wings giving fletch priority - I'm not convinced it would have KO'd or how much (if any) it would've influenced that game at that point. (I'd still have my BJ on gligar for an easier win) but I can see situations in which this would be annoying.

I don't know if this counts as a bug, but Entei's Sacred Fire misses more than it should.

In the average of 5 battles that it was used, it managed a staggering 60% accuracy (only hitting 9 out of 15 times), even going as far as missing 2 out of the 3 times that it was used in one match.

It normally shouldn't be a problem if its a move like Stone Edge, but 95 accuracy going down to 60 is a bit too much.

breh

強いだね
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-82150090
Turn 17

Fletchling used roost, then I EQ'd. Fletchling should have took damage, but didn't. I'm not sure if it's because of Gale Wings giving fletch priority - I'm not convinced it would have KO'd or how much (if any) it would've influenced that game at that point. (I'd still have my BJ on gligar for an easier win) but I can see situations in which this would be annoying.
If roost fails, just like any other move, it has no effect. Using Roost at full health (or while taunted or something, idk) does not cause you to lose Flying-type.

Leavanny cant have Knock off and sticky web on the same set. The former is for evolved only and the latter is pre evo only.
Weakness policy cant be knocked off if its SE.
4:40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)