Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen9nationaldex-1895480597
Somebody came up in NDOU with that replay, they thought the turn 8 Pursuit asked weirdly so I'm reporting that for them.

Kennedit: someone tested this a few times here if that helps give more information:
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen9nationaldex-1895523633-7pxr22zvyo0oxtnsegxqqmn9k7ca4pqpw
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen9nationaldex-1895515272-w68ntk7yrbeoeofwsefs88lgkhvxe9jpw

It seems like after a pokemon is revived by revival blessing, the first time they are switched in, they are able to switch out freely even if the opposing pokemon uses pursuit. If they are switched in after escaping pursuit the first time, they are hit normally.

BUG STATUS: FIXED (#9375)

Last edited by a moderator:

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Hello! Realizing a weird mechanic happening with Rayquaza's Air Lock and the activation of protosynthesis abilities after Sun is up. If Rayquaza comes in on a sun setter, and then a protosynthesis pokemon enters the field, after Rayquaza leaves the field and sun goes back up, the protosynthesis ability does not activate.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-1896067156-2g8bt37yhnn5fvs7kub8tsu58pgg4scpw

You can see this occurring here. Rayquaza KOs Koraidon, and then Flutter Mane comes in to revenge it. Rayquaza then leaves the field, and sun goes back up. However, Protosynthesis does not activate.

To confirm this is not a visual bug, we tested this with Scarf Chi-Yu, who generally outspeeds Flutter Mane outside of Sun, but underspeeds it in Sun after a Protosynthesis boost to Speed. The given EV spread on Flutter should allow for the speed boost, and yet it is outsped by the Scarf Chi-Yu.

Not sure if this is how it works in game, but just wanted to point it out regardless. This may also occur with Cloud Nine, but that has not been tested yet.

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Hello! Realizing a weird mechanic happening with Rayquaza's Air Lock and the activation of protosynthesis abilities after Sun is up. If Rayquaza comes in on a sun setter, and then a protosynthesis pokemon enters the field, after Rayquaza leaves the field and sun goes back up, the protosynthesis ability does not activate.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-1896067156-2g8bt37yhnn5fvs7kub8tsu58pgg4scpw

You can see this occurring here. Rayquaza KOs Koraidon, and then Flutter Mane comes in to revenge it. Rayquaza then leaves the field, and sun goes back up. However, Protosynthesis does not activate.

To confirm this is not a visual bug, we tested this with Scarf Chi-Yu, who generally outspeeds Flutter Mane outside of Sun, but underspeeds it in Sun after a Protosynthesis boost to Speed. The given EV spread on Flutter should allow for the speed boost, and yet it is outsped by the Scarf Chi-Yu.

Not sure if this is how it works in game, but just wanted to point it out regardless. This may also occur with Cloud Nine, but that has not been tested yet.
Me and Nyx tested this on cart (using Golduck instead of Rayquaza for conveience) and while proto did not activate when Golduck was in, as soon as Golduck switched out, it did activate correctly.

EDIT: We also tested, and Cloud Nine does not make protosynthesis wear off if it proc'd due to the sun activating, it only wore off when the sun wore off. Video of this will be coming.

Last edited:

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor

I did a bit of testing on my Switch and found that Protosynthesis should not deactivate if a Cloud Nine Pokemon switches in. However, on Showdown, this is what Protosynthesis does.

Test battle (on sim):
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-1896099523-yskmve9v5d04ucswiy3omut7q4ilh4gpw

(The stats of the Pokémon in this test battle are identical to the stats of the Pokémon I tested with in-game.)

On the Switch, I used the Koraidon that you get at the start of the game, and it has 188 Speed, and a Golduck with Cloud Nine, with 152 Speed. I encountered a Scream Tail with 142 Speed as its highest stat, meaning Speed got Proto boosted. However, when I switched Golduck in and attacked, Protosynthesis was still active and Golduck was outsped. I also switched in Koraidon afterwards, and it was also outsped.

Pics and clips from Switch:

1. Koraidon's stats
F73B1510-0942-439F-BC48-60B83B708C6F.jpeg

2. Golduck's stats
1DCCF4BB-B3AD-42FA-846E-782A15E2EDC7.jpeg

3. Scream Tail's stats
2DB25BF7-80C2-478B-830B-A336DD147AA8.jpeg

4. Korai getting outsped turn 1 (it does on sim), Golduck getting outsped (it doesn't on sim), Golduck switching out into Koraidon and Koraidon getting outsped (it doesn't on sim)

Moral of the story: Protosynthesis is one of the weirdest behaving Abilities in the game.

Last edited:
national dex doubles teambuilder currently shows up Pokémon not in regional dex as illegal even if they are validated

Éric

mons is mons
is a Pre-Contributor
Hi, I encountered a bug during my SSPL game today. Here is the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8lc-700045

After Turn 23, my opponent's Porygon came in for the first time this game, and traced my Porygon's Download. However, I saw Download trigger first, so I assumed it was Download, and must have skipped turn before seeing the Trace pop up. Also, when I hovered over it, I didn't see (base: Trace). Download Porygon runs a completely different set than Trace Porygon. That made me not go Sandygast, which otherwise walls Trace Porygon and going to it could have changed the outcome of the game. Here's what I saw, and what the chat logs were (didn't see the chat because I skipped turn):
After the game, my opponent and I tested out the interaction, and here is the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1894967169-4dqbvxee8vv8n55y5sgb2de22t7renbpw

Apparently, if the first time Trace Porygon comes in, it traces an ability it already has (Download) that also happens to trigger on switch-in, the game will think that Download is its base ability. Also, the traced Download triggers before the Trace itself triggers, which might be the cause of the wrong displayed base ability. Furthermore, after this happened, when the Porygon came back in and traced another ability, it said "(base: Dowload)" instead of "(base: Trace)", even though it traced something else. Therefore, this seems clearly like a bug, and it's a bug that can sometimes impact the outcome of games.
expanding on this, i was just playing a gen5lc game and the same thing happened to me, but with forewarn:
IMG_9664.jpeg
i think this confirms this visual glitch doesnt affect only abilities that pory already could have, but all abilities that activate when it switches in

Very sorry, can't seem to find a copy of the replay, and this won't let me share HTML (I hit download instead of save and upload) but in random roulette which went into Gen 1, stat boosts don't seem to work properly, at least not visually, and stat drops seem to display the opposite (didn't think to save a replay or a picture, but figured I'd point it out all the same). For the record I'm using the mobile version so that could definitely play a role

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED There is already a fix for it in the works. Thanks!

Attachments

Hello I had a battle
Link: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-1897166084
I really want to know why my hurricane failed, thanks!
Also: Im posting this in glitches because i went to help and 1v1 and no one could answer my question :p so thanks in advance!

:furret: I'm assuming you're choiced... Dancer actually locks you into the move you copy, so any other moves you use will fail. (If it's a move you don't know, the lock will go away at the end of the turn.)

Hello I had a battle
Link: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-1897166084
I really want to know why my hurricane failed, thanks!
Also: Im posting this in glitches because i went to help and 1v1 and no one could answer my question :p so thanks in advance!
if you had a Choice item (I'm assuming Choice Specs), then Fiery Dance counts as the move you locked into, so Hurricane will fail as you are already locked into the Fiery Dance used via Dancer.

1688489903285.png

Saw this in Pokeaim's new UU video. While Battle Bond Greninja is its own form, it is visibly the exact same as Torrent/Protean Greninja and shouldn't be revealed until Battle Bond activates.

Video Link:

Visual Bug in RBY. Low Kick in battle displays the wrong gen text for Gen I, displaying the weight factor in its BP. Weirdly the accuracy matches gen I. After testing and looking at the damage calculator, it appears to be a simple visual bug and not a major mechanic error. Screenshots here:

Attachments

Hi, I forgot to save the replay but I had a weird interaction with dancer:
I had a gardevoir against a psychic type oricorio, I traced dancer but when the oricorio used quiver dance, I didn't copy it. I read the ability description on bulbapedia and from what I understand, it should have been copied. The copied quiver dance (if it had happened) however shouldn't have been.
Thanks in advance !

Hi, I forgot to save the replay but I had a weird interaction with dancer:
I had a gardevoir against a psychic type oricorio, I traced dancer but when the oricorio used quiver dance, I didn't copy it. I read the ability description on bulbapedia and from what I understand, it should have been copied. The copied quiver dance (if it had happened) however shouldn't have been.
Thanks in advance !
Was your Gardevoir scarfed? (Or specs against a slow Oricorio?) If you had already locked yourself into a move, you can't copy moves with Dancer unless you're copying the move you're already locked into.

adding , all to a /as search follows up with an error message. Applies to more than this example.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - Chat (Server)

Attachments

Was your Gardevoir scarfed? (Or specs against a slow Oricorio?) If you had already locked yourself into a move, you can't copy moves with Dancer unless you're copying the move you're already locked into.
It was random battle but I believe Gardevoir was scarfed indeed and moved before the quiver dance. Thank you for your answer !

Hello minor bug report again, this time for Gen 5. I'm not sure who is ever going to use Seperior or Girafarig often in their tiers, but it seems that their egg moves have bypassed their filters (since only XY and afterwards could they pass both egg moves together)

Both Girafairg and Serperior only have their egg moves as shown:

Screenshot_20230715-175001_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230715-174903_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230715-174831_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230715-174532_Chrome.jpg

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG
:furret: these are field group so just have smeargle as dad

Bug: Simple not working in Gen 4; found while playing random roulette

As seen in the replay I used curse and it only affected my stats once instead of double

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9randomroulette-1904602384-kbr1e6gl1lu2xrpmcasyczq3wbdsmiepw

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, In Gen 4, Simple doubled the effectiveness of stat boosts, but visually the boosts would increase by their normal rate. If you were to have used an attack with the Bibarel after using Curse it would have had a +2 attack boost applied during damage calculation (Karthik)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)