OU BW OU Team Building Competition mk.2

Voting phase is over, thanks to everyone for voting. The winner of this week goes to:

Team 15: :tyranitar::ferrothorn::heatran::landorus-therian::hydreigon::latios:by Quarante8
Congrats for winning this week's competition, now onto Week 2!

This Theme will be Legendary’s and Mythical Pokemon below OU (Base Form Kyurem may be used), You must use one Pokemon that fits the description but you MAY use more if you wish.

Voting ends in 2 weeks!

Voting phase is over, thanks to everyone for voting. The winner of this week goes to:

Team 15: :tyranitar::ferrothorn::heatran::landorus-therian::hydreigon::latios:by Quarante8
Congrats for winning this week's competition, now onto Week 2!

This Theme will be Legendary’s and Mythical Pokemon below OU (Base Form Kyurem may be used), You must use one Pokemon that fits the description but you MAY use more if you wish.

Voting ends in 2 weeks!
Thanks for all the great submissions for the first theme! Let’s keep it up guys. Hope you enjoy the theme!

Cool team ive made around meloetta keep in mind this is a bit rng reliant but if u use enough times you might be able to hit the jackpot dont try spam relic song though https://pokepast.es/f24827a64b977981
:Meloetta-Pirouette: So its basically the fastests mon of OU only being outspeed by scarfers or Tailwind which its teamates can abuse that to its favour you might be wondering why u turn over other move to maybe boost attack or a normal move to that its mainly bc ive seen reuni trying to switch into it quite bit and chipping it with u turn to switch on tar is huge and also it hits alot of mons by a good chunk of dmg or super effective like chomp and gliscor and latios with ice punch ofc u still need some chip with it but it has an atk stat similar to terrakion but faster.
:Celebi: it will help alot into rain and latios/zam sometimes to break a sash or scout the item of latios and also keldeo immensly. grass knot makes ttar not just switch freely with spikes and rocks up bc will tank alot from it also pressuring tentacruel as a rock setter is quite nice considering few mons do that
:Skarmory: it will be ur main check to alot of physical mons and scarfers ofc starmie gonna give trouble but if u manage to predict switch and bravebird will be huge already by removing balloon ive tried out running shed shell skarm also if u rly hate magnezone and rocky helmet which helps in u turn spam, but i thought lefties better overall because it can help you alot in some moments.
:Tyranitar: its mainly there to check the psy mons and volcarona and i guess cloyster though tbh i think all mons are ok into cloyster in this team in some way and ofc sand helps alot chipping the mons and giving excadrill that huge boost and you can also use fire blast over twave if youd like i think both can be good in specific mus.
:Landorus-Therian: So its a scarfer that will check dnite and terrak and ofc oppossing lando and other slower mons and being fast overall is great to outspeed non scarfers and also i feel like landorus can still be good even in some fat mus where you can absorb knock off with bc still has some good utility and offensive pressure where nothing truly walls it although be aware of rocky helm skarm as ur mostly likely to not just spam u turn to dont die quickly.
:Excadrill: so with swords dance it becomes a great wallbreaker into slow fats that usually cant outspeed drill and have a rly rough time facing it sometimes , it does so much dmg to everything . Also exca helps break through skarm by alot although be aware of ferrothorn ive been testing out less speed and more bulk on exca with still alot of atk like 252+ atk , 100 speed , 152 hp. but overall choose yourself im mostly going for max speed bc of mamo also hitting dnite important and idt with less hp evs would be worth investing.

Last edited:
Cool team ive made around meloetta keep in mind this is a bit rng reliant but if u use enough times you might be able to hit the jackpot dont try spam relic song though https://pokepast.es/f24827a64b977981
:Meloetta-Pirouette: So its basically the fastests mon of OU only being outspeed by scarfers or Tailwind which its teamates can abuse that to its favour you might be wondering why u turn over other move to maybe boost attack or a normal move to that its mainly bc ive seen reuni trying to switch into it quite bit and chipping it with u turn to switch on tar is huge and also it hits alot of mons by a good chunk of dmg or super effective like chomp and gliscor and latios with ice punch ofc u still need some chip with it but it has an atk stat similar to terrakion but faster.
:Celebi: it will help alot into rain and latios/zam sometimes to break a sash or scout the item of latios and also keldeo immensly. grass knot makes ttar not just switch freely with spikes and rocks up bc will tank alot from it also pressuring tentacruel as a rock setter is quite nice considering few mons do that
:Skarmory: it will be ur main check to alot of physical mons and scarfers ofc starmie gonna give trouble but if u manage to predict switch and bravebird will be huge already by removing balloon ive tried out running shed shell skarm also if u rly hate magnezone and rocky helmet which helps in u turn spam, but i thought lefties better overall because it can help you alot in some moments.
:Tyranitar: its mainly there to check the psy mons and volcarona and i guess cloyster though tbh i think all mons are ok into cloyster in this team in some way and ofc sand helps alot chipping the mons and giving excadrill that huge boost.
:Landorus-Therian: So its a scarfer that will check dnite and terrak and ofc oppossing lando and other slower mons and being fast overall is great to outspeed non scarfers and also i feel like landorus can still be good even in some fat mus where you can absorb knock off with bc still has some good utility and offensive pressure where nothing truly walls it although be aware of rocky helm skarm as ur mostly likely to not just spam u turn to dont die quickly.
:Excadrill: so with swords dance it becomes a great wallbreaker into slow fats that usually cant outspeed drill and have a rly rough time facing it sometimes , it does so much dmg to everything . Also exca helps break through skarm by alot although be aware of ferrothorn ive been testing out less speed and more bulk on exca with still alot of atk like 252+ atk , 100 speed , 152 hp. but overall choose yourself im mostly going for max speed bc of mamo also hitting dnite important and idt with less hp evs would be worth investing.
2/10 no zapdos

:suicune:
Tailwind with Suicune helps out Kyurem Black and Garchomp outspeed faster threats, and calm mind lets Suicune set up on passive targets. Hydro pump/scald and ice beam help round out coverage. Hp fire is also an option over calm mind to hit ferrothorn super efficiently and acts as a ferro lure.
:Kyurem-Black: :Garchomp:
The dragons benefit from the tailwind support suicune provides. Garchomp acts as a ho lead with Rocks and swords dance plus outrage and eq. Kyurem black uses a Choice band set to break past a lot of bulky attackers like Gliscor and Excadrill.
:scizor:
Scizor uses a pursuit sd set to break past latios and use priority to bypass faster threats. Bullet punch provides a strong spammable move, and superpower breaks past steel types.
:jirachi:
Jirachi uses a choice scarf set with iron head plus u turn to provide utility and healing wish to bring teammates back for another round of terror. Ice punch rounds out the coverage, hitting d nite and garchomp hard, which is useful since it can effectively take a latios surf and revenge kill it.
:starmie:
Starmie uses an air balloon set to spin hazards away, allowing teammates to reap the rewards. Hydro pump is the big stab move that hits ground types hard, and ice beam hits dragon types like dragonite and latios. Thunderbolt hits Keldeo and skarmory.
:suicune: :kyurem black: :jirachi: :scizor: :starmie: :garchomp:

Last edited:
someone already know me as the bastard who spam trick room teams on ladder so i thought why not post one of my creatures here too. I really like the archetype and the teambuilding lore behind my teams is pretty schematic: i think we need always at least 4 room setters + 1 cleaner + 1 wallbreaker / revengekiller.

the cleaner and weekly theme, he works principally in late game but has got final gambit too that's a very gimmick move and can save your asses multiple times.

the backbones of the team, i don't focus so much on this because at least 3/4 of them are setters / abusers essential for the archetype. i tried several times some variations of the movesets but these are the ones that gave me more results. For example i tried hydro pump on surf and life lrb on balloon for jelli but i always find myself so weak to excadrill and similar stuff. I tried flame orb conk too but the iron fist one gave me more satisfaction and however in this team we have several pokemon that can eventually sponge opponent's wows.

the wallbreaker, one of the best and at the same time most solid in his role. ye hazards are annoying but he enter a maximum of 2/3 times for match and unless you decide to make rash moves you must click and spam on 2 moves.

hf

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
:Azelf: :Garchomp: :Scizor: Colbur Azelf HO :Dragonite: :Breloom: :Cloyster:

This is a HO team featuring Colbur TWave Azelf, which could be another option as an early game field controller. You are EV'd to live non-Specs Draco from Latios and Scarf Hydro Pump from Politoed always while living LO SBall from Alakazam 7/8th the time. You can opt to ditch more attack and reallocate some more EVs into HP (80 HP / 116 SDef) to live Garchomp Outrage while hitting the same SDef benchmark as well.
:Azelf:
Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 80 Atk / 168 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Explosion

Taunt prevents opposing hazards, SR gets 'em up, TWave is to assure your next Pokemon is faster and potentially cheese past crucial turns in a kill-for-kill type of game (which these teams are virtually always in), and Boom is to close the interaction with some damage.

Rest of team is mostly generic. Sash Fire SD Chomp is almost always going to force some early progress, which can open the door for the right sequence of win conditions to hopefully do the trick long-term. Pursuit Scizor is advised with Loom + non-Shard Cloy, assuring Latios caps at 1 KO even if Scarf. You can change the Breloom item or go Superpower fourth on it. Cloyster set can be variable, too, but I like Spin here with no Starmie. Ice Shard can be used if you want to go QA Scizor I suppose, but I like Pursuit and speed for Magnezone and Jellicent when using Cloyster usually. Up to individual interptiation though.

Behold, the future of BW OU.

Utilizing the mighty moltres, as well as the mythical mew, this team aims to work once, just once. Nobody ever saw it coming. Physical accelgor eats up Latios as well as Garchomp when theyre scarfed. Mew takes out landorus as well as most leads. If they lead ttar you transform. You might lose turn 0 to volcarona, but who cares, you had fun. Use trick w clefable against reuniclus. If you load this team, you will for a brief moment be the coolest guy on the ladder.

https://pokepast.es/8116313135983119

Gamer1234556

"Because... Scald is a shit Ferro answer!!!"
:politoed::ferrothorn::tentacruel::sableye::latias::moltres:
Wow another team with Sableye. I really hope I don't end up becoming the Sableye guy later down the road...

Anyways, Moltres is a pretty odd mon. It has a much better defensive profile when compared to it's competition Kyurem and can be pretty annoying to break in the right MU, but trying to fit it on a team is borderline impossible. You would think that it belongs in Sand with it's ability to solo Weatherless Offense, but with a mon that hates Stealth Rock so much, it really feels more at home on Rain.

Sableye and Latias are here to cover Reuniclus and Thundurus-T, respectively. I considered having Blissey over Latias since it gives me insurance against the Lati twins and frees up Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn, but the worse MU against CM Keld really sticks out like a sore thumb. Latias also technically covers Reuniclus but since Psyshock is a massive pain having Sableye works as extra protection.

I have Lum Berry Max Attack Ferrothorn to deal with Jellicent and Rotom-W on T1. Ideally this isn't a perfect strat but it's better than nothing. Tentacruel has Toxic Spikes, which non-Spin Sand Teams hate since Tyranitar and Hippowdon don't like being Poisoned.

This is probably a pretty shit team in practice (I mean, it's Rain Stall, what do you guys expect lmao) but it at least looks cool so it's worth a shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)