Caesari's 'Did You See Kay?' [OU RMT]

Hey Everyone, my name's Caesari, and this is my first RMT.
Of all the teams I've used in my very short time using Shoddy Battle, this is my most consistent (that has been created by me, not 'borrowed' from another user's RMT). I was inspired by the 'Long Shot Hero' team, mainly the Uxie lead, which was the only thing I took into consideration whilst making this team. I also wanted a F/W/G core, as now that Salamence has been banished, these are becoming more common and successful. These types provide great synergy for the core of the team.

I won't lie and say this team is anywhere near perfect- it isn't, which is why I'm making this RMT. Any and every piece of advice anyone gives WILL be taken into consideration, as I know I am at the bottom of the food chain at present in the realm of competitive battling :)

Here's my team at present:

***Uxie is cute, no?

In Depth

Uxini (Uxie) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Careful nature
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
- Trick
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- U-Turn

This is the 'Long Shot Hero' Uxie with 2 slight alterations. THe nature has been changed to lower SpA instead of Atk, and Psychic is replaced by U-Turn. The reason is, if the other lead is a TrickScarf lead (Hello Azelf), I can simply U-Turn and switch into a counter.
It's my favourite lead to use, and normally I use the moves in the order they are listed. If I'm lucky I can T Wave a few pokemon whilst they wear down Uxie's bulk. That's the purpose of this lead- Make one pokemon useless by giving it a Scarf, and from there, Stealth Rock and paralyze as many pokemon as possible. He can also serve as a late game 'surprise', switching in and U-Turning out (usually slightly weaker than a Seismic Toss, I must admit), still nevertheless helpful.

TheBlueLantern (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
Careful nature
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Def / 252 SpD
- Confuse Ray
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Part of the F/W/G core of my team, and one of the two Water types in the party. Lanturn can confusehax and parahax a foe, making it 75% likely they will spaz out, forcing a switch. BoltBeam provides excellent coverage, along with a STAB Thunderbolt. It's also amusing to see the players of lesser knowledge trying to use Electric moves against him. Heh, Heh... Hehehehe.. He's also pretty damn bulky.

Originally this spot had a Starmie in it, with the standard BoltBeam, Surf set with Rapid Spin, however he didn't really work well with the other members. My lack of a spinner sometimes hurts though. Suggestions would be appreciated here especially.

NeanderThump (Infernape) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Naive nature
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 Spe / 252 SpA
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Grass Knot

This is Smogon's Specially Based 'MixApe'. Decent revenge killer, and can break a fair few walls. He is quite frail though, and can be ruined on a mispredicted switch. Stealth Rock can be a pain for him also. Grass Knot and HP Ice provide even more coverage. Grass Knotting a water switch is sometimes unexpected and fatal for a Swampert or even a Starmie. Was thinking of replacing him with Heatran, any suggestions?

Vixen (Shaymin) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
Modest nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power (Fire)
- Earth Power

Shaymin is awesome, (so is the picture, hah) and nobody really suspects a dedicated Sweeper from her cuteness. Choice Specs elevates it's SpA to 490, and with a STAB Seed Flare, it's not really something to laugh at. At first I was unsure of its place on the team, in favour of Celebi. However recently little Shaymin has been doing rather well for me, earning quite a few Sweeps. Suggestions are appreciated, of course.

Wooargh (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Careful nature
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Atk / 216 Def
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Annoying as hell? Effective as hell. Waterfall was chosen over Stone Edge because, despite having 2 water types, neither had a water move, so Waterfall was added. (I was sick of Stone Edge missing all the time anyway.) If it all goes wrong, I can fall back on Wooargh and know that, unless they have a Celebi/Breloom/Shaymin/Any grass type (eheh), I am in safe hands. ResTalk is fun, too. :)

IfYouSeeKay (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Bold nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Wish
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Protect

~My enemy is doing well, having 2 pokemon left, and just having obliterated Swampert with Leaf Storm. He's confident, after all, what can stop 2 Special Sweepers with Full Health?~

IfYouSeeKay can. If. You. See. Kay. Got it yet? It's the initials of a word. That word is what people say when they See Blissey, for good reason.
Wish / Protect can aid my other members or Blissey herself. There isn't much to say about this bitch, so I'll leave it at that.

So, That's my team. Rate, please.
Be as critical as possible. I'm a beginner, and I'm eager to learn the arts of competitive battling from you dudes. Thanks for reading :)

And one more thing. The title of my thread. If I battle you and you didn't see Kay, I won. Kay?

~Caesari.

Hi Caesari, welcome to Smogon!

The first thing that stood out to me as I was going through my threats checklist was that you seem to have some trouble dealing with enemy Infernape. Although you do have Lanturn and Swampert, Close Combat deals a large amount of damage to the former and Grass Knot hits the latter hard.

Without making any major changes, I'd like to suggest using Choice Scarf over Choice Specs on your Shaymin. Here is the set:

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Rest
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power Ice

This will allow you to outspeed Infernape (and Heatran) and hit it with Earth Power. Hidden Power Ice is also great for revenge killing Dragonite, which also poses a significant threat.

Also, I would recommend using Thunder Wave over Toxic on Blissey. The paralysis support it provides will often prove more valuable than Toxic, and being able to T-Wave many switch-ins to Blissey helps you out a lot.

Good luck with your team!

Welcome to Smogon!

I second all of Faladran's suggestions as they will help your team suceed. I could see a Gyarados using DD on your Infernape or on your Swampert when it's sleeping. With a moveset of DD/Waterfall/EQ/Bounce, it can OHKO 1/2 of your team at +1 and 2HKO the rest of your team. My suggestion is that you change Waterfall on Swampert to Roar so that it can Roar Gyarados out. Once that is done, when Gyarados switches in again it will be at 50% or less when you Scarf Shaymin can easily KO it with Seed Flare.

Good Luck with the team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)